The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Not related to COVID, but I think it is fitting because it involves government over reach.

The Canadian government just essentially banned all semi-auto rifles effective IMMEDIATELY. As of this morning, it is now illegal to even take these out of your house. You have 2 years to destroy them, export them, or sell them to the government for a "fair market price". Please keep in mind no bill or law was passed. They are doing this through some stupid a$$ back door shit. All perfectly legal.

Target shooters went to bed as law abiding citizens, and literally woke up as criminals. NOTHING in their actions, thoughts, or deeds changed while they were sleeping.

So we are confined to our homes. Being fined for eating a burrito in a park, all of the "public land" is closed, and they have gestapo at the gates to make sure you don't enter and endanger all of society. And now they are taking legal property away from law abiding citizens for the actions of an insane man who used illegal guns from USA and also had a fake cop car, fake uniform, and killed half his victims by setting fire to houses.

Think we are a free population? Ask yourself how nearly 100% of hobby target shooters in Canada are now essentially criminals who have 2 years to hand over their property to again gain compliance, or how the population can be fined for eating a burrito in a park , or how you can have your business shut down based on false premise. Ask yourself just how free you all are. I don't care if you think USA is insane for valuing their personal freedom over "the group". Do you really think what is happening the world over is a good thing? It scares the shit out of me.

Do you have a link to some news article about the gun law in Canada. I see news of them banning AR15, not all semi auto rifles. Yes I realize that the difference between an AR15 and any semi auto rifle is largely cosmetic, and that this is a slippery slope to total gun bans. But I’m just trying to figure out the specifics of this move.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
List of everything

The principal models being prohibited:
  • M16, AR-10, AR-15 rifles and M4 carbine
  • Ruger Mini-14 rifle
  • US Rifle M14
  • Vz58 rifle and CZ858 rifle
  • Robinson Armament XCR rifle
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbine and pistol
  • Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine
  • SIG Sauer SIG MCX and SIG Sauer SIG MPX carbines and pistols
  • Swiss Arms Classic Green and Four Seasons series rifles
The next up are handguns. They already want to ban them in many cities. Yup, starting by banning them in cities. That is going to work well. This is being driven in Toronto by gang violence. The criminals will make sure to leave them at the "welcome to Toronto" sign for sure.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Not related to COVID, but I think it is fitting because it involves government over reach.

The Canadian government just essentially banned all semi-auto rifles effective IMMEDIATELY. As of this morning, it is now illegal to even take these out of your house. You have 2 years to destroy them, export them, or sell them to the government for a "fair market price". Please keep in mind no bill or law was passed. They are doing this through some stupid a$$ back door shit. All perfectly legal.
This is something I consider to be an egregious overreach, even though I don't own any guns. Why? there's not a shred of evidence that gun control reduces homicides.

When you ban guns what you really want to do is reduce homicides. None of the countries that have implemented gun bans or buybacks (Australia, UK, Canada) have seen even a remote change in overall homicides.

They just piss off legitimate gun owners.

But the hippie liberals will cite that gun-related homicides went down (F*cking duh) but when you implement these laws you want to reduce homicides, not gun-related homicides.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A potential game-changer in the works?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tes-test-for-pre-infectious-C0VlD-19-carriers

In what could be a significant breakthrough, project coordinators hope the blood-based test will be able to detect the virus’s presence as early as 24 hours after infection – before people show symptoms and several days before a carrier is considered capable of spreading it to other people. That is also around four days before current tests can detect the virus.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
There is a massive rally going on inside of the Michigan State house right now with civil disobedience and people lined up against law-enforcement officer

Total speculation here, but being from MI, I think these are the Unsilent Minority. I think most people want to wait it out.

It's gone from a timeline of a few weeks to now at least 18 months until they "let" us return to normal.

More speculation....I thought from the beginning the Gov knew how shit bad this virus is. I expected 2 wk lockdowns. I mean, you can't tell people, "Stay at home for 6 months. This is really bad."

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015
Update:

So as I approach the second week of having covid, my family and I feel a hell of a lot better. I’m still waiting for my taste and smell to come back. There’s a little body pain, but we all made it through the worst of it.

During my worst I felt like I was about to have a stroke, felt super nauseous, lost all energy, and I slurred my words.
The only thing I noticed that helped me was to force myself take in deep breath's. I noticed that breathing normally wasn’t cutting it and it felt like it was creating inflammation around my head.
Overall I took heavy doses of vitamin C and D; colloidal silver (with a nebulizer) helped me with the pain around my eyes.

Ultimately, it just takes time to get better. Also, breathing exercises help.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Add Amazon to censorship-happy companies. If you want to publish a book in which you mention ANY WORD related to the virus (including "pandemic," "lockdown," "quarantine," let alone "coronavirus" or "C0VlD-19") you book will be subject to a thorough review, and possibly you won't be allowed to publish it until you remove any references to it.

Amazon told one author that his book wasn't an official source of information on the virus even though it contained no medical advice. Now the same happened to me just because I mentioned that I was writing the book during the crisis (I didn't even use any specific virus-related words like "pandemic").

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

This is likely the reason the models were so wrong. The asymptomatic population was unknown, and based on this study it’s about 20 asymptomatic per symptomatic case. Of course some of these asymptomatic people may be presymptomatic, to know for sure they would have had to follow all positive inmates out to 14+ days to see how many became symptomatic.

These covid tests correspond to the findings we have seen from multiple antibody studies.

This does raise serious doubts on the effectiveness of 14 day quarantine for people that are exposed to Covid positive people. If there is a 95% chance of never developing symptoms, then 95% of people that started quarantine that actually were infected would go back out after 14 days, and could still be infectious - that’s unknown.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
So, in general, WE know lockdowns are BS.

When does everyone else wake up?

It's like we're in perpetual limbo.

We were at a crossroads ~2 weeks ago, and I don't see any movement.
No movement?

30+ states have started easing restrictions.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
This is something I consider to be an egregious overreach, even though I don't own any guns. Why? there's not a shred of evidence that gun control reduces homicides.

When you ban guns what you really want to do is reduce homicides. None of the countries that have implemented gun bans or buybacks (Australia, UK, Canada) have seen even a remote change in overall homicides.

They just piss off legitimate gun owners.

But the hippie liberals will cite that gun-related homicides went down (F*cking duh) but when you implement these laws you want to reduce homicides, not gun-related homicides.
So what's the intuition? Other types of homicides went up?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
What are the odds that this is some kind of sinister plot to bankrupt or nearly bankrupt many of these companies and uncle sam coming in to buy up assets at pennies on the dollar ? Hoping to hear about any past occurrences of this without the tinhat nonsense. Just from a fiscal perspective, why wage war on another country when you can pick up a bunch of assets in your own back yard. I would think that this is conceivable.
If there is such a plot it will be the giants in their industries, not Uncle Sam.

Oil majors will be happily taking over all the smaller shale players.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So what's the intuition? Other types of homicides went up?
Yea, that's how it appears.

Btw, I don't know about anyone else but I'd much rather die by a nice clean gunshot wound than being stabbed to death with a fork or whatever

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Looks like Sonora Quest is doing them in Arizona. I think I saw $75 on their website. Currently, you need a request from your doctor but it will be open to all soon.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I found antibody tests! Monday at 9AM... I have an appointment.
Nice! Do you know which manufacturer it's from? Different ones seem to have different false negative probabilities. So if you test negative, it might be nice to know the manufacturer so that you can look up the sensitivity of the test.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I wonder how many new gun owners there are? Sales have tripled in some areas. I heard people are getting pissed that they have to wait 10 days after the purchase date in California. What did they expect, they voted for those laws and are now mad that they cannot get one right away when they do not feel safe.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I wonder if this CV19 pandemic is going to lead to a bunch of cars being sold super cheap.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Warren Buffett is currently talking about the virus on Yahoo Finance. Could get interesting.

[EDIT]Nevermind, now it is about how great the US are in general.[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Swissal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2018
Switzerland
Lol the Canadian government just realized that the $2000 monthly payments to those “impacted” by C0VlD-19 is a big problem. They released applications for wage subsidies for businesses this week with first payments starting on May 7th. The problem? Nobody wants to go back to work lmfao. These are the “lockdown” advocates.

Now the government is trying to decide on changing the policy where your employer can “force” you to come back to work. At least that’s one of the ideas.

As I mentioned several times before, the majority of those advocating extended lockdowns are those that are enjoying staying up to 4 am, waking up at 1 pm, and getting close to corporate income with no mortgage, car payments, 50% off insurance, and lower electricity rates.

Absolutely despicable.
Canadian living abroad here. I've just been speaking to my sister and friends there who are making more being off work because of this situation, *but all of them are dying to get back to work*.

It's easy (and frankly not very intelligent) to make grand sweeping generalisations, and paint everyone with the same brush.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014

The problem with this is we don’t know how much of a problem this is. It contaminates the data. Is this 10, 100, 1000+. All we can say is there is a positive skew to the death rate. The question is how large that skew is.

This is always the problem with the government getting involved, “good intentions” rapidly morph into perverse incentives. Where $$ is tied to Covid diagnosis, of course people will fraudulently apply that diagnosis.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

it is in my county and the sheriff was forced to do a 180° change when residents started pushing back and using civil disobedience to refuse officers orders. The sheriff started out being a 100% dickhead and last week advocated for the full opening of the county. Law-enforcement for the most part against masses is a Glass Tiger. They have to have a psychological advantage and when they lose that advantage and they can sense that the revolt is underway they have no choice but to change course. This weekend there were several hundred boats anchored around an island that is supposedly closed. There was nothing they could do about it but patrol for safety. They’re not going to arrest hundreds of people for violating an unconstitutional order.

The tide turned here about two weeks ago and most businesses will be reopening this week under some social distancing requirements. There’s only so long you can keep people restrained.

Some were hoping that they could stretch this out much longer for purely partisan political purposes but the people won’t have it.

The beach is all open here tomorrow and I think we will head to the beach for a while just because we can. Now it’s time to take a look at the economic calamity and try to accelerate things to the best of our ability as quickly and safely as possible.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well it is up to USA to show us what happens when we go back to normal. As it stands all the "leaders" in our country are slowly opening stuff back up (SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!) but the whole time they tell us how they don't want to be doing it and if we are not careful they will just close it all back down again.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.