The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
I have a relative in Canada who worked as a part time waiter, making $800 a month.

He's currently getting $500 a week for the next 16 weeks, minimum - that's around $2,125 a month, for doing nothing other than sitting at home playing games all day.

Of course, he's also posting about 10 times a day on Twitter and Facebook urging people to stay at home.

Btw, he can go to work and keep earning up to $1,000 a month, the Government will still send him $500 a week.

The Canadian gov is really handing out free money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I have a relative in Canada who worked as a part time waiter, making $800 a month.

He's currently getting $500 a week for the next 16 weeks, minimum - that's around $2,125 a month, for doing nothing other than sitting at home playing games all day.

Of course, he's also posting about 10 times a day on Twitter and Facebook urging people to stay at home.

Btw, he can go to work and keep earning up to $1,000 a month, the Government will still send him $500 a week.

The Canadian gov is really handing out free money.

Similar situation in Australia, I'm not sure on the figures but I know a few Pub owners have lost their casual staff to the governments free money when they've tried to keep them working, doing renovations, take aways, whatever they can do to keep productive. Maybe it's not happening across the whole country but it is where I live.

Our Government's have fought tooth and nail to not increase welfare payments over the years, now all of a sudden a virus, which in the whole country has less than 1000 active cases, they're paying people not to work? Strange...

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

GET SERIOUS FOLKS.

I'm not gonna sit here and watch lives get destroyed by idealist bureaucrats.

I'm not gonna wait for the government to "let me" go outside.

And I'm SURE AS HELL not going to let them have the power to do this again.
Because they can, and they will, calling it a "second wave."

How do we legitimately organize class-action lawsuits against these short-sighted governors?
Or which organizations/individuals could we talk to, to make sure these lawsuits are filed?

We've already seen an Illinois Judge seek a temporary restraining order for their governor's overreach.
There's also a provision in the US Civil Code that should block these things from happening.

Not going to sit here and say "well there's nothing I can do and just have to wait." BULLSHIT. There are people on this very forum who are needlessly suffering because of what's happening in government.

That said, I'm open to starting a separate thread about Coronavirus lawsuit advocacy & organization, if there's enough interest.

Let me know and will kick it off.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
GET SERIOUS FOLKS.

How do we legitimately organize class-action lawsuits against these short-sighted governors?
Or which organizations/individuals could we talk to, to make sure these lawsuits are filed?

We've already seen an Illinois Judge seek a temporary restraining order for their governor's overreach.
There's also a provision in the US Civil Code that should block these things from happening.

Not going to sit here and say "well there's nothing I can do and just have to wait." BULLSHIT. There are people on this very forum who are needlessly suffering because of what's happening in government.

That said, I'm open to starting a separate thread about Coronavirus lawsuit advocacy & organization, if there's enough interest.

Someone is doing this in Illinois. They're filing a suit on behalf of all illinois residents

I think your idea is good, and id be happy to be apart of it. I don't want to be someone who sits around and lets these fat cats (in illinois, literally the governor is a fat cat) tell me what to do. We need to peacefully remind these a$$ holes who they work for. God forbid things become violent.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Not a bad idea for a thread, but if I were you, I would PM MJ about it to be certain he is cool with it. He seems to be annoyed with the amount of COVID-related threads, so better to ask before potentially pissing him off. Lol.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
GET SERIOUS FOLKS.

Im in.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Lol the Canadian government just realized that the $2000 monthly payments to those “impacted” by C0VlD-19 is a big problem. They released applications for wage subsidies for businesses this week with first payments starting on May 7th. The problem? Nobody wants to go back to work lmfao. These are the “lockdown” advocates.

Now the government is trying to decide on changing the policy where your employer can “force” you to come back to work. At least that’s one of the ideas.

As I mentioned several times before, the majority of those advocating extended lockdowns are those that are enjoying staying up to 4 am, waking up at 1 pm, and getting close to corporate income with no mortgage, car payments, 50% off insurance, and lower electricity rates.

Absolutely despicable.

Last edited:

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 20, 2019
Lol the Canadian government just realized that the $2000 monthly payments to those “impacted” by C0VlD-19 is a big problem. They released applications for wage subsidies for businesses this week with first payments starting on May 7th. The problem? Nobody wants to go back to work lmfao. These are the “lockdown” advocates.

Now the government is trying to decide on changing the policy where your employer can “force” you to come back to work. At least that’s one of the ideas.

As I mentioned several times before, the majority of those advocating extended lockdowns are those that are enjoying staying up to 4 am, waking up at 1 pm, and getting close to corporate income with no mortgage, car payments, 50% off insurance, and lower electricity rates.

Absolutely despicable.

The fact that a a government organisation can think this is a good idea is beyond me.

You can't blame people that hate their jobs, becoming net better off without the need to go to work, then wanting to extend their time in that position. They don't know any better.

All the blame should be directed at whoever is responsible for enabling these situations.

Slave: A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Unless the mask is an N95 (particulate-filtering) mask, they are completely ineffective against droplets and small particles. The cloth masks the United States civilians are wearing are not only ineffective, but a few months ago the government was warning AGAINST them because they actually CAUSE respiratory issues.

See CDC information here

45 days ago, the United States Surgeon General told Americans to NOT wear the masksView attachment 32662
What about preventing sick people from passing droplets to others?

Good to hear the other point of view. I am in Singapore where one week ago the government turned 180 degree on the issue of mask wearing.

One and half month ago the official position was that mask was unnecessary and Hoarding it could harm health care workers who need it. One week ago we just had laws mandating people to wear mask when outside.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
I was watching this video by Dr. Erikson and Dr. Massihi. I really, really want what they're saying about the lethality rate of COVID vs the flu to be accurate. However, to me it seems like they are taking completely different numbers for each illness.

For COVID, they are using the total number of deaths divided by the total number of people in the entire state to get their lethality rate. For the flu, they are taking the number of infections divided by the number of people infected (not people in the entire state/country) to get the lethality rate. I hope I'm missing something here?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW_2mWBFu1U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2x4ARtFh6gDvTallixQodx6enry2LDLVkS_jvoTrvLuXxZ9nFwiuRhEHM

768d.jpg

Thanks for keeping us safe from dangerous misinformation, Susan Wojcicki.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016

Absolutely despicable.

The canadian gov is an embarrassment.

If they wanted to give away money like that to everyone they should have just implemented UBI.

What's the point of giving so many people $2,000 for a four week period so they stay home when there are others busting their asses for 10 hours a day for less than that?

Even international students are getting paid $500 a week to stay home. Isn't the point of international students to help the economy by bringing in money in exchange of an education? Instead they are getting paid to study.

What the F*ck?

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
View attachment 32669

Thanks for keeping us safe from dangerous misinformation, Susan Wojcicki.
Here ya go.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
History repeats itself. This feels like we are entering a new version of the dark ages. When politicalLy correct opinion dictates what acceptable science is, society loses its enlightenment. Ironically it appears that the henchmen of the new dark ages will be the giants of the Information Age.

No one should be silenced on any platform. This is the danger of banning hate speech, or any objectionable speech. Once the pattern of banning objectionable speech is established, then the definition of objectionable is expanded infinitely to suppress any speech not endorsed by the authorities back by so called experts.

This is all very dangerous, more dangerous than the risks of Covid. Covid will pass or become managed. This new world of silencing in the name of political correctness backed by approved experts on all topics will only mushroom. Its funny that the company who had “do no evil” in its charter has instead become one of the most sinister evil companies of all time.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Wow. More good solutions to governments previous solutions. They are really good at this.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

“But those liberty interests are, and always have been, subject to society’s interests – society being our fellow residents,” the judge wrote. “They – our fellow residents – have an interest to remain unharmed by a highly communicable and cdeadly virus, and since the state entered the Union in 1837, it has had the broad power to act for the public health of the entire state when faced with a public crisis.”

Apparently the Constitution is subject to a judges opinion of what society’s interests are.

This country is so F*cked if people don’t take a stand and demand that the Constitution be upheld. District Attorneys across the country need to begin taking judges and politicians up on treason charges.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
History repeats itself. This feels like we are entering a new version of the dark ages. When politicalLy correct opinion dictates what acceptable science is, society loses its enlightenment. Ironically it appears that the henchmen of the new dark ages will be the giants of the Information Age.

No one should be silenced on any platform. This is the danger of banning hate speech, or any objectionable speech. Once the pattern of banning objectionable speech is established, then the definition of objectionable is expanded infinitely to suppress any speech not endorsed by the authorities back by so called experts.

This is all very dangerous, more dangerous than the risks of Covid. Covid will pass or become managed. This new world of silencing in the name of political correctness backed by approved experts on all topics will only mushroom. Its funny that the company who had “do no evil” in its charter has instead become one of the most sinister evil companies of all time.
Since this isn’t strictly CV related, I’ll comment.

Gilman told me that YouTube pulled down two videos that were by doctors making cases for reopening.

This is a HUGE problem in my opinion. For a democracy - you need to have freedom of discourse. For SCIENCE, you need to have freedom of discourse. Free Speech is like a metarule; a rule that is needed for democracy and science to thrive.

One can make the argument that Google is a private company and can do what they want. And I also have a right to disagree with their bullshit policies.

Science isn’t supposed to be political. Science can not work if it becomes political. Science needs to hold “uncovering truth” as it’s highest standard.

For instance, I think Rivoli is a moron. But I also believe he should be able to say what he wants because discourse is healthy.

But I should also have the option of ignoring him if I want.

Google should hold similar policies.

I really don’t care what it is. Free Speech needs to essentially be sacred. Even if it’s blatant hate speech. In those cases they can implement Libertarian Paternalism. For instance if someone puts a video to YouTube that’s “offensive,” YouTube could just put a message “this message is deemed offensive and violates _____ standard, do you want to watch it anyway” that way as a company they can note that they don’t agree with the message, while also not stepping all over free discourse.

Plus from a business standpoint it’s just F*cking dumb, because now you open up the doors for another company to post that type of material.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

“But those liberty interests are, and always have been, subject to society’s interests – society being our fellow residents,” the judge wrote. “They – our fellow residents – have an interest to remain unharmed by a highly communicable and cdeadly virus, and since the state entered the Union in 1837, it has had the broad power to act for the public health of the entire state when faced with a public crisis.”

Apparently the Constitution is subject to a judges opinion of what society’s interests are.

This country is so F*cked if people don’t take a stand and demand that the Constitution be upheld. District Attorneys across the country need to begin taking judges and politicians up on treason charges.
There is a massive rally going on inside of the Michigan State house right now with civil disobedience and people lined up against law-enforcement officers

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
What are the odds that this is some kind of sinister plot to bankrupt or nearly bankrupt many of these companies and uncle sam coming in to buy up assets at pennies on the dollar ? Hoping to hear about any past occurrences of this without the tinhat nonsense. Just from a fiscal perspective, why wage war on another country when you can pick up a bunch of assets in your own back yard. I would think that this is conceivable.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Any one else notice how the narrative has quietly changed from "temporarily flatten the curve to prevent overwhelmed hospitals" to "life can never be the same until we create a vaccine"?

It's gone from a timeline of a few weeks to now at least 18 months until they "let" us return to normal.

If this isn't about controlling people, then why does the skatepark by my house have an 8 foot tall fence around it so no one can get in?

Why is there a police officer posted at the basketball court at all times?

Why can't people enjoy sitting on the beach or swim in the ocean if they're "being safe" and staying far apart.

Why are people being arrested and fined for being outside?

Why are we now being told that we HAVE to wear masks, when not long ago the government was begging us not to?

Is it in the interest of public health, or in the interest of ordering people around at this point?

Governors and mayors will say that this is in our best interest, but I have a feeling they probably get off in some sick way by ordering people around, and punishing them when they "misbehave"

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Any one else notice how the narrative has quietly changed from "temporarily flatten the curve to prevent overwhelmed hospitals" to "life can never be the same until we create a vaccine"?

It's gone from a timeline of a few weeks to now at least 18 months until they "let" us return to normal.

If this isn't about controlling people, then why does the skatepark by my house have an 8 foot tall fence around it so no one can get in?

Why can't people enjoy sitting on the beach or swim in the ocean if they're "being safe" and staying far apart.

Why are we now being told that we HAVE to wear masks, when not long ago the government was begging us not to?

Is it in the interest of public health, or in the interest of ordering people around at this point?

Governors and mayors will say that this is in our best interest, but I have a feeling they probably get off in some sick way by ordering people around, and punishing them when they "misbehave"
Yes, and I know one German influencer who saw all this coming ... I think before March, when everybody was still in the "Germany will not be affected by this at all" camp. And the moment he knew there was a plan in place was when nobody tried to stabilize the market after the FED cut the rates to zero.
With the low volatitility, this would have been easy and there are organizations in place that could easily do just that.
This indicates that it is a kleptocratic move in a plutocracy. Going for several more months of restrictions, according to the guy, means they are after real estate - and not just commercial.

One conclusion that I would like to see - now that the mortality rate in the under 50 years group / no preexisting health conditions has proven to be really low - is that speeding things up with Corona parties was actually the smartest thing we could have done.
Those at risk would have been isolated for the shortest amount of time possible.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

There is extreme pressure on the government to pass handouts, save the business and keep the economy alive. I do not think it is a pleasant experience for them as well.

There is still too much uncertainty. We do not know the “real death rate”. We are not too sure on how it is spread. if we open up the economy we are afraid to be the next New York City.

I think we need to learn to cope with uncertainty and take necessary risk. Belittling the virus is obviously foolish but to erring on the “safe side” is going to be suicidal as well. Go ask a 40 year old to choose between having his car and house repossessed by the bank and not being able to put food on the table for his two kids versus having a 0.1 percent higher chance of dying in a contagious disease in the next two years..the choice is obvious.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal

Big if true

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
There is still too much uncertainty. We do not know the “real death rate”. We are not too sure on how it is spread. if we open up the economy we are afraid to be the next New York City.
Maybe in New York City things just happened faster. The difference between a steep curve and a more shallow one is not that obvious.

Knowing the difference between death rates in a health system under stress and one that isn't would be interesting, not a look at how many people die in a given amount of time.
And the fact that Corona measures also complicate things in a health system means evaluating the numbers gets really difficult.

But yes, I agree - there is too much uncertainty.

There is extreme pressure on the government to pass handouts, save the business and keep the economy alive. I do not think it is a pleasant experience for them as well.

I would assume there is a plan in place where regular people pay the price and it probably ends in an economic reset. I don't think they worry about debt levels or social unrest. Just about the narrative that will get people to vote for them.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

As Americans we were always subject to the tyranny of the majority. The majority just happens to be a lynch mob of losers.

I have long mourned the death of what was supposed to be "the greatest nation on earth." "Land of the free, home of the brave." This WON'T get better. We have a people problem that is bigger than our big government problem.

To say this falls short of what we were flat out promised in American history class as kids is an understatement.

Who is John Galt?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Well all public schools here in NY are closed for the rest of the school year.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Just when you thought the whole matter couldn't get more corrupt, political, and outright evil. Give it a couple of days and YouTube will not let you say that the virus originated from China because WHO will outlaw it to protect its generous buddy.

As Simon Black summarized it:

A Chinese official said the gift to WHO "reflects the support and trust of the Chinese government and people for the WHO".

Just in case you needed another reason NOT to trust the World Health Organization.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Not related to COVID, but I think it is fitting because it involves government over reach.

The Canadian government just essentially banned all semi-auto rifles effective IMMEDIATELY. As of this morning, it is now illegal to even take these out of your house. You have 2 years to destroy them, export them, or sell them to the government for a "fair market price". Please keep in mind no bill or law was passed. They are doing this through some stupid a$$ back door shit. All perfectly legal.

Target shooters went to bed as law abiding citizens, and literally woke up as criminals. NOTHING in their actions, thoughts, or deeds changed while they were sleeping.

So we are confined to our homes. Being fined for eating a burrito in a park, all of the "public land" is closed, and they have gestapo at the gates to make sure you don't enter and endanger all of society. And now they are taking legal property away from law abiding citizens for the actions of an insane man who used illegal guns from USA and also had a fake cop car, fake uniform, and killed half his victims by setting fire to houses.

Think we are a free population? Ask yourself how nearly 100% of hobby target shooters in Canada are now essentially criminals who have 2 years to hand over their property to again gain compliance, or how the population can be fined for eating a burrito in a park , or how you can have your business shut down based on false premise. Ask yourself just how free you all are. I don't care if you think USA is insane for valuing their personal freedom over "the group". Do you really think what is happening the world over is a good thing? It scares the shit out of me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.