The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Mortality rates aren't that simple. Maybe the crude mortality rate, but that number goes up or down depending on circumstances:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#what-do-we-know-about-the-risk-of-dying-from-C0VlD-19

(you can add countries to the second chart)
Just trudged off an Enterprise Analytics assignments...and I realised there's a shit-ton of ways to calculate mortality.

There's death-to-cases ratio...
Case-fatality ratio...
Cause-specific death rate ...

I'm interested in looking at examining if more symptoms present may impact the odds of deaths, but somehow only select countries have released that kind of data.

I keep hearing so many claims on what worsens the death rates (especially ongoing medical conditions), but there's next to little data visuals to present them. Only this number or that claim.

On a side note, the John Hopkins raw dataset and dashboard on cases seems to have removed its Active and Recovered cases, out of 'ethical concerns'.

What's going on in parts of the country, and that fact that is it implemented and enforced, and the citizens are allowing it, is insane.

You can't buy seeds to grow your own food?
You can't use your motorboat on the lake?
You can't fish?
You can't visit your second home?
You can play ball with your kid in a park?
You can't do a drive thru worship?

How this country comes out the other side of this will be quite telling... because from these actions, what comes out is either 1) a carcass, 2) something unrecognizable, or 3) a renewed spirit of liberty.

Unfortunately my bet is not on the latter as my faith in the "average American" these days has reached new lows.
For No. 3, I 'd say that I'm short-term bear on the renewed spirit.
But long-term bull. :rofl:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
This hole thing started because the WHO said the mortality rate was 3.4 %. 7x higher than normal flu.

Preliminary German Study Shows a C0VlD-19 Infection Fatality Rate of About 0.4 Percent

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preli...infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

The WHO Lied and Created a Global Panic: Second Extensive Study Finds Coronavirus Mortality Rate Is 0.4% Not 3.4% — Similar to Seasonal Flu

Last edited:

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
@NovaAria, what country?
Tunisia, North Africa. We have about 800 cases and 30 deaths. The government is working with the WHO to get faster test kits up so that we can keep cases under control before lifting the lockdown on the 19th.
So far, I would say that they are taking the best approach. Lift the lockdown and keep watching the numbers.

One interesting thing is that Italy is so close that, on a good day, you can see its islands from some of our coasts. Yet, the virus strain we have is not the one in Italy but the one from the US.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

VTK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 14, 2018
This hole thing started because the WHO said the mortality rate was 3.4 %. 7x higher than normal flu.

Preliminary German Study Shows a C0VlD-19 Infection Fatality Rate of About 0.4 Percent

https://reason.com/2020/04/09/preli...infection-fatality-rate-of-about-0-4-percent/

The WHO Lied and Created a Global Panic: Second Extensive Study Finds Coronavirus Mortality Rate Is 0.4% Not 3.4% — Similar to Seasonal Flu

First of all 3.4% would make it 34 times higher than the average mortality of season flu. The average mortality of typical season flu is around 0.1%.

Secondly, early on in the pandemic it wasn't clear that the virus was spreading asymptomatically and comparing tested patients against deaths did show very high death rates. It's not wrong to say they were wrong (and thankfully they were) but it's also not right to say they lied.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
To be clear. President Trump hasn't shut down a single business.

The Governors did.

We’re seeing the most draconian measures enforced at all levels of government that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, and yet rather than being alarmed by the things going on, so many of you applaud.

People are being arrested for spending too much time outside, and you applaud. Pastors are being arrested for daring to hold church services, and you applaud. A child's birthday party is raided by police, and you applaud.

A young woman is ticketed for going on a leisurely drive alone because it's deemed "non-essential travel", and you applaud.

A parade of school teachers and administrators who wanted to drive through neighborhoods and wave at children is busted up by cops because they were "nonessential," and you applaud.

A lone paddleboarder in the ocean on a beach without any other people around is arrested because he's violating quarantine orders, and you applaud.

People are being denied life-saving medical treatments because they're not a priority right now (not "essential" as deemed by the government) as the entirety of our medical system is focused on one thing, and you applaud.

Businesses are beings forcibly closed and padlocked and owners arrested for refusing to shut down, and you applaud.

Dairy farmers (and soon, other farmers) are being incentivized to stop dairy farming and to sell their herds, and you don't seem to understand the implications.

You're being told to use hotlines and online forms provided by your local governments to report your neighbors who don't obey, and you comply.

You scold people day after day for not obeying government edicts, and if any of us dare to question what's happening, you lecture about how we're a danger to society and we just don't care about people dying.

You've somehow managed to convince yourselves that the people whose lives are affected by a virus are MUCH more important than the people whose lives are being destroyed (and in many cases, leading to death) by the effects of a worldwide economic shutdown and impending worldwide depression the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

At what point will you start QUESTIONING what's going on? How far does the government have to push before you're jolted awake from your slumber?

How far are you willing to go with this?

If they told you to load your families onto train cars so that you could be taken to Virus Protection Facilities for your own safety, would you do it?

YES. Yes, you would. That much has become painfully obvious to me. And the whole time, you'd be shaking your finger and yelling at those of us who refused, accusing us of being "a danger to society" and "not caring if people die."
But they don't have to load you onto train cars and take you to Virus Protection Facilities or force you to comply, because you do that voluntarily. They control your mind. They control you through fear. They control you by convincing you that the world is a scary dangerous place, but they're here to protect you, care for you, and keep you safe, just as long as you OBEY.

They know that as long as you're locked inside your comfortable home with Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a cell phone while dangling a $1200 check in front of you like a carrot on a stick, you'll comply. No force is necessary for the majority of the herd.

YOU ARE IMPRISONED, willingly, and you're too blind to see it.

By Mark Levin

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Vigilante,

You seem like a serious person, why justify Trump? I'm neither left nor right as I view the entire political structure at all levels pretty much corrupt(even if what they do is "legal"). There is very little to no character/values/morals left in the political class and to think that you can actually govern and make something positive happen in absence of values is laughable.

I was holding a civics/government session with my kids this morning, topic was the Declaration of Independence, my kids are 8 and 5. We covered the first paragraph and talked about the implications, the situation at the time, etc. The implications of liberty and why a majority of the colonists would have been happy with tax reform but others like Thomas Paine who was more radical than Jefferson wanted complete independence. We are very very far away from the intent/spirit of the U.S constitution/declaration of independence, and yes it's by outright laziness and some by design.

However, both parties are complicit so spare us the theater and apologizing for someone who refuses to take any responsibility for the situation and has embarked upon the massive increase in the deficit as well as authorized the creation of trillions of dollars which indirectly make each dollar you hold less valuable over the long run, cut the bullshit.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
The government is run by idiots. I feel compelled to clarify that although I'm in favor or medical quarantines (meaning isolating contagious people during a pandemic) and also supported temporary school closures, I've been horrified by the idiotic overreach.

Some of this, I believe, is caused by political correctness. It's the same logic that has T.S.A. agents strip-searching little old ladies while those in higher-risk categories are allowed to waltz through checkpoints. It's also the reason the media, along with too many government officials, spent more energy calling us racist than working to prevent the virus from reaching the interior of our countries.

Let's face it. The so-called elites were more concerned with the feelings of foreigners than they were for the safety of their own people. And then, when their mistakes became apparent, they responded by terrorizing their own citizens to make up for their own shortcomings. And, as if this weren't bad enough, long before this point, they blew the governments' budgets on useless crap rather than supplies that could be used during a real emergency.

I'm disgusted by the lot of them.

Every year at tax time, I tell my husband, "I feel like we're sending our money to drunken monkeys, except it's worse, because drunken monkeys won't take that money and use it oppress us."

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
Dairy farmers (and soon, other farmers) are being incentivized to stop dairy farming and to sell their herds, and you don't seem to understand the implications.
People really don’t understand how bad this is. They are limiting milk purchases at stores and dairy farmers are dumping (not selling cheap, dumping milk down the drain.) They are limiting purchases of ground beef and not slaughtering fat cattle. I don’t mean to be chicken little but that is bad. It reminds of the stories from the 30’s, people starving and the government paying farmers to plow their crops under. The shortages to this point have been more humorous (toilet paper), but if 9 months from now there are real food shortages a true societal breakdown could happen. I doubt it does, even hopeless misguided politicians eventually get it right, but I really do believe a lot of politicians think that you can subsidize a poor agricultural sector simply by giving farmers a cheque. Not realizing if all the produce spoils at the warehouse eventually the grocery shelves are bare.

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
People really don’t understand how bad this is. They are limiting milk purchases at stores and dairy farmers are dumping (not selling cheap, dumping down the drain.) They are limiting purchases of ground beef and not slaughtering fat cattle. I don’t mean to be chicken little but that is bad. It reminds of the stories from the 30’s, people starving and the government paying farmers to plow their crops under.
This is what REALLY concerns me.

This makes absolutely no sense.

We are in for food shortages and food being sold to the highest bidder.

Keep your eyes open to see if the fields get planted this spring. Look especially at the corn and wheat states. Iowa. Kansas. Illinois. Indiana. Ohio. Nebraska. Etc.

I'll just leave this collection of articles here:

1. Articles on milk being dumped
2. Articles on meat processing shutting down, leading to beef being at risk of being dumped
3. Video discussing millions of pounds of onions left on the ground to rot
View: https://youtu.be/m4jr0wkt7HY?t=56

Other articles:

=================
This makes me absolutely livid.

There are hungry people, and this food is rotting in piles in a field.

Makes you want to go find those fields and load up a truck.

Don't tell me there's no market for it.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Let EVERYONE stop getting paid. Employers no longer have to pay any employees. Government takes a indefinite holiday from any payments, including any workers, no entitlements or welfare, no salaries for anyone and freeze social security. Nobody gets paid while businesses remain closed. Put EVERYONE in the position of the workers you put out of work and the businesses you forced to starve and THEN let’s see who keeps calling for another shutdown. The country would be reopened in 72 hours. It’s predominantly those not financially effected who advocate for the destruction of someone’s life because they “think” it’s safer. Choose the poison you’re administering to your neighbors. I see zero empathy if you’re staying home and “hoarding” your full pay while others are getting destroyed.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

The Governors did.

We’re seeing the most draconian measures enforced at all levels of government that we've ever seen in our lifetimes, and yet rather than being alarmed by the things going on, so many of you applaud.

People are being arrested for spending too much time outside, and you applaud. Pastors are being arrested for daring to hold church services, and you applaud. A child's birthday party is raided by police, and you applaud.

A young woman is ticketed for going on a leisurely drive alone because it's deemed "non-essential travel", and you applaud.

A parade of school teachers and administrators who wanted to drive through neighborhoods and wave at children is busted up by cops because they were "nonessential," and you applaud.

A lone paddleboarder in the ocean on a beach without any other people around is arrested because he's violating quarantine orders, and you applaud.

People are being denied life-saving medical treatments because they're not a priority right now (not "essential" as deemed by the government) as the entirety of our medical system is focused on one thing, and you applaud.

Businesses are beings forcibly closed and padlocked and owners arrested for refusing to shut down, and you applaud.

You're being told to use hotlines and online forms provided by your local governments to report your neighbors who don't obey, and you comply.

You scold people day after day for not obeying government edicts, and if any of us dare to question what's happening, you lecture about how we're a danger to society and we just don't care about people dying.

You've somehow managed to convince yourselves that the people whose lives are affected by a virus are MUCH more important than the people whose lives are being destroyed (and in many cases, leading to death) by the effects of a worldwide economic shutdown and impending worldwide depression the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

At what point will you start QUESTIONING what's going on? How far does the government have to push before you're jolted awake from your slumber?

If they told you to load your families onto train cars so that you could be taken to Virus Protection Facilities for your own safety, would you do it?

YES. Yes, you would. That much has become painfully obvious to me. And the whole time, you'd be shaking your finger and yelling at those of us who refused, accusing us of being "a danger to society" and "not caring if people die."
But they don't have to load you onto train cars and take you to Virus Protection Facilities or force you to comply, because you do that voluntarily. They control your mind. They control you through fear. They control you by convincing you that the world is a scary dangerous place, but they're here to protect you, care for you, and keep you safe, just as long as you OBEY.

They know that as long as you're locked inside your comfortable home with Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a cell phone while dangling a $1200 check in front of you like a carrot on a stick, you'll comply. No force is necessary for the majority of the herd.

By Mark Levin
Hi Sir,

This just shook me. From the core. I am that "You" in your message above. I think like that only and i am feeling horrible after reading this. I haven't thought about others who are being affected by this and dying.

I really feel that i am imprisoned. Can you tell me what should i do? This thing is everywhere and if what you said is taken true by everyone than what shall we do?

What could be the solutions?

I am young and in-experienced in world affairs or any affairs sort of. Can you help me understanding bigger view, hidden truth and what shall i do?

Sometimes i feel that i am smart enough to understand big picture and inner how. But it's not the truth. I have been deceived.

I don't fear much of this pandemic. Never did any panic buying, helped neighbors in need But i am still following lockdowns. I still feel that i am doing something wrong.

Can you help in with your thoughts?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 4, 2020
South Africa
A little bit of good news.
My country is lifting lockdowns on the 19th.
Still no concerts, cinemas... opening. But for everything else, distancing must become the norm and the people can carry on as usual. For example, no more than three persons in a barber's shop.

Makes sense, and I am glad that they are doing the sensible thing. They said that they will be keeping an eye on things and going back to quarantines is a possibility if there is a second wave.
But for now, life is relatively going back to normal.
What country ??

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

And we have governors banning effective treatments now... If there is any question left if the government is FOR you, this ought to quash that. Hopefully people start to see the majority, at this point, of the government reaction to COVID has been a scam on the American people. It isn't even a good scam, they don't have to be good. There are the Karens, there are the "good little citizens," police, and full blown bootlickers and they all work together to support the scam.

As @Vigilante and Mark Levin said. They applaud.

Do you guys know this meme?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

The best metaphor for this... They are currently pouring concrete under this plank. What does that mean? When the people decide to get off the plank, the politician will still be there, ready to "protect" you. Maybe into that boxcar.

Last edited:

HollyD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 13, 2020
UK
It's still really scary here in the UK. We don't have the correct figures as they do not include people who have died in care homes etc so how can we tell.
I think the only solution to stop this is to develop a vaccine so I am hoping for this as soon as possible but I know it will take a while.
Lockdown is the only option don't you agree?

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Maybe into that boxcar.
You are all familiar with Godwin's Law, right?

"There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law."

If you have to compare pandemic planning to Hitler and rounding up the Jews, you have lost. Full stop.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

"There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law."

If you have to compare pandemic planning to Hitler and rounding up the Jews, you have lost. Full stop.

That doesn't apply when personal liberties are being encroached on. It's a form of social controls, propagated by liberals, aiming to stifle discussions. If you think liberty isn't in jeopardy as a result of overreach by those in power, than you aren't paying attention (but I know you are as I enjoy your posts). Don't use some arbitrary, agenda laden tactic to suppress speech. Now maybe more than any time in the history of the United States analogies to historical repression by oppressive regimes are valid comparisons. In any case, we're not invoking some made up internet speech suppression tactic to stop discussion here at the forum. If you don't like what someone has to say, move along or click ignore. We're not stopping people from speaking their mind. In one of my posts above, the author used an analogy that you might find offensive if WWII references trigger you. However, we can agree to disagree but we can also continue the discussion. Hang in there, friend, but don't attempt to stop someone from speaking freely.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

The Governors did.

By Mark Levin

This is the absolute truth. It's sad what we've turned into. An entire country of brainwashed sheep.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

I hate to speculate, but where do you folks see this ultimately going if measures don't loosen up, say, within a month? Is there anywhere in history we can look at and make a comparison?

It's not human to have masses of people on house arrest and willingly comply. I have a feeling these draconian measures will slowly undermine the public's trust in the government and (unsurprisingly) make the health crisis even worse.

What happens when people run out of money, food, entertainment, and fear? Further spread the virus via Mass Gatherings? Protests? Total defiance of physical distancing measures?

I'm almost expecting an "equal and opposite reaction" to occur, but it's speculation.

"Social Distancing? F-- that I'm not doing it. THEY kept us locked up for 3 months."

Governments and People alike have no concept of moderation it seems.

I'm just sitting back waiting for human nature to play out, whatever it is....

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I understand you don't think that these violations of our liberties are real. What about the fact that Hitler was real? I assume you believe that the holocaust happened. When those people claimed injustice, were they to be dismissed so arrogantly too?

No one is comparing the murder of millions of Jews to quarantining and lock downs. To say that we are is straw.

We are comparing the willingness of the American people to go along with, and applaud, highly questionable policies just like the Germans did. THIS is the simillarity. Yes it exists. Yes we should take it seriously. NO is should NOT be dismissed.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Our civil rights are being violated in Australia to, I spoke to my friend in the police force about this, this was his view.

"it's way over the top, I understand that they can't have several exemptions because it will be even more confusing than it is now... but simply a law that says 'if you without reasonable excuse are believed to put another's welfare at harm or compromise the communities safety you may be fined' that leaves it to the police to prove beyond reasonable doubt and the accused to prove reasonable excuse. This means that one can go fishing by himself. But if he fishes in a group of 10 people they all get fined. Telling and fining people for going for a drive is to much.
I tell you when I go back to work next week I won't be giving anyone a fine for this shit."

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I hate to speculate, but where do you folks see this ultimately going if measures don't loosen up, say, within a month? Is there anywhere in history we can look at and make a comparison?

It's not human to have masses of people on house arrest and willingly comply. I have a feeling these draconian measures will slowly undermine the public's trust in the government and (unsurprisingly) make the health crisis even worse.

What happens when people run out of money, food, entertainment, and fear? Further spread the virus via Mass Gatherings? Protests? Total defiance of physical distancing measures?

I'm almost expecting an "equal and opposite reaction" to occur, but it's speculation.

"Social Distancing? F-- that I'm not doing it. THEY kept us locked up for 3 months."

My personal thoughts on it are this...

We are at a crossroads right now. We patched an individual problem with collective policy so now as much as we would like to solve the problem individually, it has been made a collective problem to solve.

The problem I am talking about is NOT the virus, but the policy response.

1. They will either reopen the country as fast as possible weighing negatives and navigating them as quickly and aggressively as possible.

Or

2. They keep us subjects in our places until pure anarchy ensues which would honestly be preferable to the current level of government control.

I think the virus continues to make its rounds reguardless of the path we collectively choose.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
My personal thoughts on it are this...

We are at a crossroads right now. We patched an individual problem with collective policy so now as much as we would like to solve the problem individually, it has been made a collective problem to solve.

The problem I am talking about is NOT the virus, but the policy response.

1. They will either reopen the country as fast as possible weighing negatives and navigating them as quickly and aggressively as possible.

Or

2. They keep us subjects in our places until pure anarchy ensues which would honestly be preferable to the current level of government control.

I think the virus continues to make its rounds reguardless of the path we collectively choose.

I think we're headed down path #1, but "as fast as possible" is subjective and may not be as fast as some wish. I think the real debate to have is how fast the re-opening should be. Remaining in lockdown for months is not feasible.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

Well, I don’t think it CAN go on like this for much longer. Our society isn’t built to operate like this

People are getting bored more than anything. I can’t imagine how bored people must be of sitting at home and watching Netflix, as they’re furloughed from their job.

Like I and others have said before, there will be civil unrest if this continues. And if the government tries to bribe us with more money, well there will be the morons who continue to take it, because unfortunately there are people in America who believe socialism is the answer and will continue to be government cheer leaders.

Ultimately though, people are waking up more and more and realizing this ISNT sustainable, and want to get back to work.

Social distancing is a joke. In the grocery store is it impossible to maintain a 6 foot distance from people. Nor is it natural for us to do.

This is my speculation, but I’m thinking that things will start opening back up in may. They’ll probably tell people to wear masks and do anti social distancing, but I think that our overlords will start to get life back to normal.

The big problem with us trying tohandle this virus, is the fact that we can’t.

We as humans have survived for hundreds of thousands of years. And the reason we are still here and have conquered the planet, is because we developed an immune system to fight off intruders in our bodies.

So this proactive approach really missed the point of what actually has to happen: we need to build immunity. Not hide from it in our houses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.