The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Here is something interesting:
View attachment 32019

C0VlD-19 is still new but from what we know from other Corona Viruses and similar viruses in general is that immunity isn't for life, on one hand. And that, with the way viruses mutate (like the flu), yearly waves require a different yearly shot.

Does this mean that we will have to take a yearly Corona Shot? Who will be making that? Who will be paying for it? Will it be patented or will it be open source, but due to economies of scale only a couple of big players will land government contracts to make it?

My country's government proposed to all major processed food factory that make anything wheat based to focus on making a single type of spaghetti for the sake of efficiency.
For now it's only a suggestion, but it's starting to sound more and more like a commie regime.

Even if true for coronavirus, if there is ongoing risk then you get a booster at specified intervals to reinforce your immunity. Think Tetanus booster every 10 years.

As far as coronavirus goes, there is an area on it’s receptor that’s had been very stable across the different variants over time. This usually means that it is critical to its ability to function and if a mutation effects this area then the virus quits being infectious. Even if a virus mutates, each mutation impacts a specific genes. Mutations affecting genes for this part of the receptor are not common because they would be expected to incapacitate the virus.

Since we have observed this stability, then we try to develop vaccines that result in antibodies that target these critical areas of the virus. This should result in good immunity to this virus even if other mutations occur.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This interview is pretty fascinating, I don’t know if anyone has posted this already. Dr Shiva basically calls out Big Pharma and the Deep State then goes on to explain how our immune systems are the most important part of fighting this thing.

View: https://youtu.be/xf-qv9o8nq8

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
https://www.fox13now.com/news/coron...d-monitoring-for-C0VlD-19-from-inbound-travel

Ludicrous. They are literally using your cellphone to track you. Read the article. The title whitewashes what they are really doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Costco, Walmart, And Other Retailers In Vermont Are Being Told To Stop Selling Anything But The Essentials

I just saw that in the news, as someone else had posted before. As someone with a toddler and a newborn, what am I supposed to do if I can't buy kids clothes? Dress them in blankets all day? Learn to sew like I'm living in the 1800s? Do any of these government officials understand just how fast kids need new sized clothes?

Who is to determine what is essential and what is not? What if my work computer dies and I need new components to fix it? Is a hard drive or ram considered electronic Tom foolerly?

This whole thing makes my blood boil. I saw a video of a little kid, like 20 months old, who just yells "shut it down!" when her dad asks her what to do about the corona virus. I think someone found her and literally put her in charge.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says there is a clear answer to the question of whether it’s ok to leave the house for an aimless drive: no.
Schmidt encourages people to stay indoors and only leave the house when necessary, such as to get groceries and medication. That means not going for a drive just because you feel like it.
“If you don’t have a reason to be out, don’t be out,” he told CTVNews.ca via telephone Wednesday. “We want people to voluntarily comply with the situation we’re dealing with.”

Good lord I need to stop reading the news. This is getting crazy. Top police says flat out he doesn't want you driving your car

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Some lessons we learned during cv19:B4E262F3-205D-4803-A88F-B7867B8D1EF8.jpeg

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
The situation is now quickly getting worse in Sweden. Gatherings of more than 50 people were banned and people were adviced to stay home if possible. There have also been talks of restricting movement to and from Stockholm which is the worst affected area.

Hospitals have 10% of available capacity and are increasing capacity every day. Stockholm has flattened the curve already.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
Here in Cyprus you have to send an SMS to the government to receive approval to leave your house, picking from a list of "acceptable" reasons. You're only allowed to leave the house once per day. If the reason is for exercise, you're only allowed to be in areas "adjacent to your residence" (what does that even mean?). And no, going for a drive isn't one of the reasons.

Whenever you're outside, you have to carry proof of the SMS approval, plus your ID card or passport to show the police if they flag you down.

Naturally I had to leave the house an extra time and interact with people to go buy Cypriot SIM cards because the system doesn't work with foreign numbers. Total genius dreamed that one up.

Across the road from me is a hiking trail around the lake. It's quite wonderful, and obviously a more isolated place to walk than around the city streets. Last week they barricaded all the entrances to the hiking trail so you can't get in. Why? What possible purpose does that serve?

After some people gathered to have a barbecue on a Sunday afternoon, they added a curfew from 9pm-6am and the once per day thing, due to "the lack of discipline of the people". Right. Because people always gather to have barbecues in the middle of the night. Makes sense.

We arrived here literally the day before they shut the borders. The lockdown wasn't in place then but bars, restaurants, etc. were closed. At the time the government required people arriving from the UK to "self-isolate" (urgh, another term dreamed up by an Orwellian). Our neighbours kept putting notes through our door "reminding" us of our "obligations" (just because we're English doesn't mean we arrived from the UK, morons). Which eventually escalated to threatening to dob us in to the "authorities" for our "concerning behaviour". Yes, how dare we go out and buy bedding and furniture and cookware for our part-furnished apartment! The guy backtracked very quickly on his threats when I called him and the notes have stopped.

They're gonna be screwed here. The economy runs on tourism, offshore services and Forex companies.

The worst thing about all of this is seeing how little it takes to get the masses begging for martial law and the boot upon your face.

Could be worse. Could be in the UK, where they have the weekly Two Minutes Ha...I mean, Two Minutes Clap For The NHS. Think I'm gonna puke.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Serious question to everyone here:

At what point do you personally draw the line and would to refuse to comply with a governmental/medical/police order?

I myself would draw the line at a mandatory vaccine. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point...but the way Bill Gates is talking in the media, looks like he believes that's the only way we'll ever be able to have mass public gatherings again.

kanunay

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Apr 20, 2018
United States

At what point do you personally draw the line and would to refuse to comply with a governmental/medical/police order?

I myself would draw the line at a mandatory vaccine. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point...but the way Bill Gates is talking in the media, looks like he believes that's the only way we'll ever be able to have mass public gatherings again.
Mandatory vaccinations are where I drew the line in the sand a long time ago. Bill Gates? Hell no. If the guy had his way, we'd all be force-vaxinated, chip-implanted, and you'd be thrown in jail for using anything other than Windows.

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
Here is a small presentation from the WHO relative to vaccines and their patenting.

Will the vaccine be patented? Will the company making this be under the wing of the Bill Gates Foundation (to the surprise of no one)?
I would be fine with the vaccine if they release all the research behind it and open source the manufacturing process.
Till then, it's just a scheme for someone to score massive profits.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

When you have constitutional rights to fall back on. I am NOT going to talk to police therby ultimately not complying with essential only transportation movement/curfews. I will go where I need to go, which isn't very many places anyway with the ruined economy.

I also know the DA, so I’m not worried about what will ultimately happen to me. He probably won’t be charging people. If he did though, a good defense attorney would be at the ready. This is a case where the arrest itself will be illegal.

The last time I got pulled over, I was excited to see a body camera on the cop. They deescalate police tyranny pretty well. Under no circumstance should anyone be aggressive or rude to a cop. Just politely inform them of your right that you intend to utilize.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
This is probably one of the best/unbiased explanations of what's going on. No sensationalism, no panic, logical arguments and looking at both sides of the story. All things the media hates.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3xEOcJ3YUw

This whole video is great, but the last 5 minutes are probably the best. Explaining the consequences of lockdown being worse than the actual disease. "The cure is worse than the disease"

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Why are they telling us to stay home but the grocery stores are packed AND there is no 6 feet apart in them? There's 6 foot tape lines at the checkout in my local store but they have a huge aisle by the deli that has products packed all the way down the center that could be moved yet there they sit, leaving narrow lanes to get carts through making us get up close and personal with others. LAME

I'm in favor of people staying apart and I don't get why people don't think they have to? I know people who are probably getting together on Easter because they said they simply don't do social distancing. Yay, let's kill cancer survivor granny. We know a family that gathered about a month ago and killed off grandpa with COVID 19 that way, so, I don't know, seems like a good idea to stay apart. I'm fine with anyone going anywhere, and doing anything as long as we can all stay 6 feet away.

David Harrison

Dedo
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 27, 2018
London
I think the common ground would be that in both cases, millions of peoples lives are affected by decisions that a small group of people in a government are responsible for.

In both cases the government in power boils down to usually a small group of less than a hundred people that are responsible for the message, and direction that is sent to the population of millions. That is how horrific things like the holocaust happen. You believe a German citizen in Germany has a bloodlust and is any different than any other person in any other country at that time or since? Feed a rational person the message you want them to believe, for long enough, with enough "evidence" (factual or made up) and eventually that rational person will believe the only rational solution is the extreme one you provide.

This current situation puts a giant light on behavioral psychology of populations, and how it's moved. It's not a coincidence that countries are all reacting in similar ways. The way to get someone to agree and in this case comply with you is to provide them with enough evidence that leads them to believe that they are making the best/right choice on there own free will.
It's a shame people can't see similar "actions" compared to the past. If they did, and ignored the "narrative", things would make a lot more sense.
Folk in all ages think "yeah, that was then, this is now, it'll never happen", Tick tock...

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
When you have constitutional rights to fall back on. I am NOT going to talk to police therby ultimately not complying with essential only transportation movement/curfews.

I also know the DA, so I’m not worried about what will ultimately happen to me. He probably won’t be charging people. If he did though, a good defense attorney would be at the ready. This is a case where the arrest itself will be illegal.

The last time I got pulled over, I was excited to see a body camera on the cop. They deescalate police tyranny pretty well. Under no circumstance should anyone be aggressive or rude to a cop. Just politely inform them of your right that you intend to utilize.

Remember when they slap those cuffs on you for walking alone in a huge park, that they just released over 3,000 felons from prison for the “public good”.

you’re the criminal, the prisoners aren’t, up is down, left is right.

how did they get this power? Happeners who at the beginning of this thread acted like the world was falling. People like @GIlman @loop101 who cave their civil liberties at the first push.

real Americans are always team nothingburger and refuse to budge for just a flu

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Remember when they slap those cuffs on you for walking alone in a huge park, that they just released over 3,000 felons from prison for the “public good”.

how did they get this power? Happeners who at the beginning of this thread acted like the world was falling. People like @GIlman @loop101 who cave their civil liberties at the first push.

Over and over you post stuff that I am flat out ready to love. And then you garnish it with a heap of bullshit. :rofl:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A quick reminder. We still have constitutional rights. You don’t have to talk to cops. If they ask you where you are going, you DO NOT HAVE TO, AND SHOULDN‘T ANSWER. It is none of their business.

Never talk to the police.

They flat out tell you "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

They aren't inherently bad people, but they don't have to be. They don't know you, and there's a limit to how much they actually care about your well being. Their job is to close cases.

Oh, and bureaucracy just has this tendency to cause additional dehumanizing and absurdity. Don't forget that.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Over and over you post stuff that I am flat out ready to love. And then you garnish it with a heap of bullshit. :rofl:

I am the truth teller.

What distinguishes a true American is always choosing liberty Over security. On a sliding scale, the media is the biggest security shill, then you have the people in this thread saying the sky is falling.

The farthest in the liberty scale, is the alpha male nothingburgers, who either absolutely refuse to accept “science” or “concerns”.

pick yours side

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I actually clicked LIKE on the post before I read the rest of it and had to unlike it. So close to being accurate and civil, and then so far...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014

Two things can be true at the same time.

1) This disease is serious, and causing lots of severe health problems, i and many people in health care are seeing this directly.

2) But equally true is that I very much disagree with a huge swath of what the government has and will do in response to this. Anyone who knows and had actually talked to me knows this.

My points have largely been to point out how and why this disease is not a nothing burger. When people make obvious errors in how they construe data I point it out.

I also point out where and how I expect people and politicians to react and laws I expect them to impose based on what I’m seeing happen around the world. It does not mean I advocate or universally support what governments are doing. I am often pointing out what and how human nature echos and response is predictable. I also have changed my opinion on some things, because government is terrible and can’t do anything that doesn’t get totally screwed up. If you listen to the discussion @Kak and I had you will see this. Link if you wish to actually listen.

The issues I have with many of your posts, well most of your posts, is the support you provide for your positions does not support, and often has refuted your position.

I love when people disagree with me, I love for them to show me using data or well reasoned logically coherent arguments why I’m wrong, and I WILL change my views and opinions when I am presented with these types of convincing arguments/data that is compelling. It’s dumb to hold onto a position once anyone knows it’s no longer well founded, and if you read my posts over time you will see shifts in my thinking about many things.

I guess that’s the thing about your arguments that I can’t buy into at all. Your thinking appears to be completely rigid, you made up your mind months ago and will recast the facts to fit your reality, or simply disregard inconvenient data instead of dealing with it and providing any wellreasoned rebuttal.

Actually I do find you a fascinating case study of someone living in a world ruled by complete and utter unwavering confirmation bias. I find your comment interesting though:

@Rivoli says “The farthest in the liberty scale, is the alpha male nothingburgers, who either absolutely refuse to accept “science” or “concerns”.”

Not sure the value of absolutely refusing to accept science, but I guess it highlights how you perceive the world and maintain all your positions religiously.

I prefer to think for myself, look at every piece of information and determine why it might be valid or invalid. Then try and learn and grow from information. I will hold firmly to any position that is reasonable to hold to. But I won’t ignore science or concerns just so I don’t have to chance my mind.

Last edited:

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
To me, tyranny is simply the resulting laws and enforcement of laws created by well intentioning people that used their own experiences, biases, professional advise, and flawed(or not flawed) thinking to craft a law. Its not like we have a single person that is dictating.

Its a bit difficult to respect any figures of authority anymore. There is just too much corruption. How do you differentiate between tyranny and legitimate safety precautions?

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
FLF-ItsOverGuys.jpg
@Rivoli on March 12: "It's over guys." Worldwise cases = 145.2K
Four Weeks Later: Worldwide cases = 1.5 Million.
@Rivoli on April 9: "I told you guys it was a nothingburger."

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Photoshopped. I never said that.

You edited your post just now to remove it. You realize there are time stamps that show when you edited a post right?

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
View attachment 32025
@Rivoli on March 12: "It's over guys." Worldwise cases = 145.2K
Four Weeks Later: Worldwide cases = 1.5 Million.
@Rivoli on April 9: "I told you guys it was a nothingburger."

How many people has had a disease caused by other virus in the same time period? How many have died from other causes? To picture how relevant the point is.

Kyle Nakhul

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 4, 2016
New York City
Doctors in NY are now assuming that everyone has already come into contact with someone that is positive or they are already positive. This is now scarier than I initially thought.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.