The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So I just found out that I can’t go to my second home. Even homeowners that don’t reside their must leave.

I highly doubt that this is legal.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Agreed with essentially all of what you said, but I also question what impact all this non-interaction will have on the fabric of society and connectedness, the bonds we form. Part of the reason I think the political climate is where it's at (among other things) is because of lack of connection to others.
Perhaps the benefit would be an increased sense of community.
How connected are we when we are in our cars 2+ hours/day driving to and from work?
How connected are we to our families when we are away for 10+ hours/day?
I've seen more of my neighbours in the last 3 weeks than I have in the entire year that I've lived here.

I think at the very least, a hybrid option will be available to most employees who can work from home i.e. 3 days home and 2 days in the office or some variation of that.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
So I just found out that I can’t go to my second home. Even homeowners that don’t reside their must leave.

I’m sure you are going to see lots of lawsuits after this is over challenging the legality of a lot of what happened. Not that I put a lot of faith in the courts in today’s world. It’s largely a crapshoot based on the political ideology of the judge.

A similar example of this type of behavior was police seizing guns from citizens after hurricane Katrina in violation of the second amendment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018

We saw something similar in China where townspeople and villagers barred their villages and didn't let any "stranger" in.
After the Red Scare, we're settling in for a Covid Scare.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I dont know where anyone is getting this idea that we're done. We're maybe in the second inning.
I think people are seeing the first peak and thinking that's it. Thre'll be more down the line.
I'm seeing huge moves to home working just in the companies my day gig works with. The shift from manufacturing to information this country has been going through the last 30 years has a silver lining.
The economy will come back. Maybe not today...
As one who has found himself unemployed 3 times during an economic downturn for periods of 1-3 years, it is tough, one has to reevaluate their value in order to get interim work, and chances are you will survive and rebuild on the other side.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m sure you are going to see lots of lawsuits after this is over challenging the legality of a lot of what happened. Not that I put a lot of faith in the courts in today’s world. It’s largely a crapshoot based on the political ideology of the judge.

A similar example of this type of behavior was police seizing guns from citizens after hurricane Katrina in violation of the second amendment.

Agreed! This needs to happen. There will, as usual, be a lot of this still left in place unnecessarily. Especially since a lot of it is unnecessary now.

So I was on the phone with @Vigilante yesterday... He said he was at a park with his young daughter, kicking the soccer ball around, not hurting anyone, minding their own business. A cop literally drove up and forced them to leave. The question is why? Vig said they were 400 yards from the nearest person. Way to go... Protect and serve? Nope. Traumatizing little girls... Yep.

There are also curfews at night in many places across the country... Including where I live. Why exactly does that help? I can't be in my car, alone, after midnight? Why?

@GPM is talking about not being able to go camping in the wilderness. Alone. Why?

@UnrealCreative mentioned not being able to go on a walk. Alone. Why?

The remedy stopped fitting the problem and a lot of this is terrifying. Our rights don't come from government. Freedom is a human right. Many forget that. If you have to beg for your freedoms, you aren't free. Even if you have to ask nicely, you aren't free.

That meme I posted about how the government wants everyone to stay home so they can change the batteries in the birds... While funny, it is starting to look like some alternative agendas and unnecessary seizing of power are going on.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Then, there's this... WTF?!!!!

“Land of the free, home of the brave.”

More like land of few brave subject to the heavy hand of the cowards.

“Government of the people, by the people, and for the people.”

More like, don’t question us or disobey our most nonsensical commands and orders or we will arrest you. And if you don’t go quietly, we might just shoot you.

The world will start to look like hunger games if we look the other way.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
@UnrealCreative mentioned not being able to go on a walk. Alone. Why?

Because they said so. They're the government and they make the rules. Now go back to your room until the end of April (maybe longer) and think about what you did.

I jokingly said to one of my friends that I feel like I'm 16 again and got grounded for a month.

I will say that around me, this stay at home order has been a joke. Still plenty of traffic and lots of people out. Even at the "closed" parks and trails. By the way, how do you even close a public trail? Do we get a tax cut since most publicly funded areas are "closed"?

And don't you think its kind of ironic that the bureaucrats who are spouting off these stay at home, and "essential" businesses only orders, are not the ones who will face unemployment or having to shut down their business that they spent their life and money on?

Isn't it easy to tell someone to shut down their life's work, while you sit in a cushy government job with no risk of losing your income?

What happens when people get tired of "flattening the curve" and want to get back to their damn job/business? Or even worse, what happens when your bank account is cleaned out, and your stomach is growling, But the government says you're not allowed to go to your job?

Sit down your little non essential, and wait for us to say it's okay to get back to work.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
So I was on the phone with @Vigilante yesterday... He said he was at a park with his young daughter, kicking the soccer ball around, not hurting anyone, minding their own business. A cop literally drove up and forced them to leave. The question is why? Vig said they were 400 yards from the nearest person. Way to go... Protect and serve? Nope. Traumatizing little girls... Yep.

Could have been worse:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
That is making my blood boil. Someone needs to go arrest those police officers for not following social distancing... oh wait...

WTF is this coming to?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That is making my blood boil. Someone needs to go arrest those police officers for not following social distancing... oh wait...

WTF is this coming to?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Vigilante wow that place is packed! Good thing "the law" was there to make sure you were following the rules and keeping society safe. How do these people sleep at night? They probably actually believe that they are making the world a better place with the dumb shit they pull.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Could have been worse:

How about 10 COPS on you for riding your bike?
(This is in Puerto Rico, a territory of THE UNITED STATES)

View: https://www.facebook.com/692022014/posts/10156731340677015/?d=n

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante wow that place is packed! Good thing "the law" was there to make sure you were following the rules and keeping society safe. How do these people sleep at night? They probably actually believe that they are making the world a better place with the dumb shit they pull.

A few hundred yards further, as we were leaving the park, there was a little old lady (maybe in her 70's) sitting on a park bench. By herself, hundreds of yards from anyone else. The cop went over there next and kicked her out of the park. Nobody knows why.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
WOW. This tops everything horrible we have heard... TYRANNY is here and doing whatever it can to weasel its way into our lives.

Encouraging FALSIFIED death certificates claiming COVID deaths. WOW.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Dr Fauci or Dr Fraud?

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
You will find that which you are looking to see.

While you all are looking for examples of tyranny and government overreach by searching for news bits from everywhere from Puerto Rico to Minnesota, I am looking for the good in all of this:
  • I've got tons more time to spend with my wife and kids
  • I can try working my main job from home (and I will literally never again get to do that in my life, as I teach elementary school)
  • I've been able to read and work on my side gig, which has absolutely exploded these past few weeks as it involves an online education tool for kids
  • I can take the time to eat right and exercise more, including playing sports with my kids
  • My calendar is suddenly wide open
  • Traffic is way down
  • The weather has been beautiful
  • I'm saving tons of money in not traveling for Spring Break, not enrolling the kids in various activities, etc.
Whatever you look for, you'll find. Why not look for the good in this?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

While you all are looking for examples of tyranny and government overreach by searching for news bits from everywhere from Puerto Rico to Minnesota, I am looking for the good in all of this:
  • I can try working my main job from home (and I will literally never again get to do that in my life, as I teach elementary school)
  • I've been able to read and work on my side gig, which has absolutely exploded these past few weeks as it involves an online education tool for kids
  • I can take the time to eat right and exercise more, including playing sports with my kids
  • Traffic is way down
  • I'm saving tons of money in not traveling for Spring Break, not enrolling the kids in various activities, etc.

The government is seizing power, eliminating rights, heavy handing everything, falsifying data to use to make it worse, shutting down businesses, forcing people out of their homes, enforcing curfews, seizing private property, locking the borders so we can't get out, and skipping due process whenever it is inconvenient for them...

But hey! There is less traffic and pretty weather! Yay!

Your post was an arrogant dismissal of legitimate concerns.

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

• Traffic is way down
Closing your eyes doesn’t make what you then can’t see go away.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Closing your eyes doesn’t make what you then can’t see go away.

Take the cop story above. I agree with Vigilante: the cop shouldn't have kicked people out of the park. But where some people on here see the cop as a metaphor for government overreach, I see... a bad cop. Or maybe just a cop having a bad day. Maybe he just broke up a group of 30 people playing tackle football in a park a mile up the street, and now he's dedicated to clearing the parks. Maybe he got a directive from above, and he's not good at deciding how to apply that directive wisely. Who knows.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Nice little study. Slip stream at your own risk!
https://medium.com/@jurgenthoelen/b...alk-run-bike-close-to-each-other-a5df19c77d08

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Take the cop story above. I agree with Vigilante: the cop shouldn't have kicked people out of the park. But where some people on here see the cop as a metaphor for government overreach, I see... a bad cop. Or maybe just a cop having a bad day. Maybe he just broke up a group of 30 people playing tackle football in a park a mile up the street, and now he's dedicated to clearing the parks. Maybe he got a directive from above, and he's not good at deciding how to apply that directive wisely. Who knows.
Keeping your eyes closed still doesn’t make what you can’t see go away.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Dr Fauci or Dr Fraud?

Every time the guy opens his mouth the markets drop a few handles. I'm starting to think that Fauci is a Bill Gates proxy. And I'll pass on any solution proffered by Bill Gates.

I try to look at both.

And I understand your point(s) but it doesn't absolve being blind to the complete destruction of rights.

What's next?

Let us commandeer your house for state purposes? Like housing the sick and/or homeless? @biophase already reported that he is PROHIBITED, under threat of arrrest, from visiting his second home. Is that enough of a slippery slope yet? To be prohibited to use property you own, even when it harms no one else?

How about, "get in the boxcar?" (You know, so we can rail you to a quarantine safe zone!!)

But hey, while all that happens, at least the sun is shining and the air is fresh.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Your post was an arrogant dismissal of legitimate concerns.

The government is a collection of individual people. Those people are doing their best to try to prevent a pandemic from spreading. The concerns you are citing should at least be looked at in that light.

Take shutting down businesses: they are shutting down businesses to protect workers who would otherwise be forced to come to work or be fired with no regard for their health.

Take locking the borders: they are restricting non-essential (read: vacation) travel to prevent the dispersion of the Coronavirus, since that's how it got here in the first place.

To take the actions of the president, governors, and mayors out of context is not fair.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The government is a collection of individual people. Those people are doing their best to try to prevent a pandemic from spreading. The concerns you are citing should at least be looked at in that light.

Take shutting down businesses: they are shutting down businesses to protect workers who would otherwise be forced to come to work or be fired with no regard for their health.

Take locking the borders: they are restricting non-essential (read: vacation) travel to prevent the dispersion of the Coronavirus, since that's how it got here in the first place.

To take the actions of the president, governors, and mayors out of context is not fair.

Out of context? What gives you the authority to determine proper context?

How is lying about cause of death on official documents not cause for concern?

How are curfews not cause for concern? How is that keeping anyone safe?

How is kicking a small child out of a park with her dad keeping everyone safe?

Tackling a guy on a bike?

Sounding a big siren at night to signify they are no longer allowed to leave their homes?

Shutting down companies? What gives them the right?

Deeming what is and isn't essential? Again, what gives them the right?

We were supposed to be a free country at any cost, not free until something scares people.

Last edited:

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Every time the guy opens his mouth the markets drop a few handles. I'm starting to think that Fauci is a Bill Gates proxy. And I'll pass on any solution proffered by Bill Gates.

I try to look at both.

And I understand your point(s) but it doesn't absolve being blind to the complete destruction of rights.

What's next?

Let us commandeer your house for state purposes? Like housing the sick and/or homeless? @biophase already reported that he is PROHIBITED, under threat of arrrest, from visiting his second home. Is that enough of a slippery slope yet? To be prohibited to use property you own, even when it harms no one else?

How about, "get in the boxcar?" (You know, so we can rail you to a quarantine safe zone!!)

But hey, while all that happens, at least the sun is shining and the air is fresh.

The biophase story of not being able to go to his second home is wild. Obviously that particular county is completely out of line and their punishments are not constitutional. I think we can all agree on that.

I still think your slippery slope theory comparing this to the Holocaust is wildly off base.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.