The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Just saw Rand Paul tested positive. Will be interested to see if Ron Paul (his father) changes his opinion. Will be following that closely.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Just saw Rand Paul tested positive. Will be interested to see if Ron Paul (his father) changes his opinion. Will be following that closely.
My exact thoughts.

Ron Paul apparently just posted a video before the news about his son came out, it's about homeschooling, so the comments are pretty brutal. His next video should be interesting.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
NJ's first CV19 case was just released from the hospital, a 32 year-old medic, who now depends on an oxygen machine. This is scary.

"New Jersey’s first coronavirus patient says he has been released from the hospital but faces a tough road to recovery since the ordeal has left him on an oxygen machine."

"With no underlying health issues, the Fort Lee dad was in good shape before he was hospitalized March 2 with the virus at Hackensack University Medical Center. But during his 19-day stint, the dangerous bug ravaged his lungs and he was placed on oxygen. Cai said was released to his home with a smaller oxygen machine — “like a purse I carry all the time” — and another, larger one for when he sleeps. “I am only 32 and I cannot rely on oxygen forever,” he said."

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Whether or not he changes his opinion might be guided by what happens with Rand. If Rand only has mild symptoms that require no hospitalization, then he might use that to reinforce his belief that it is not so bad.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
If this intensifies (as it looks like it is starting to do) NOW is the time to start preparing. When the shit hits the fan, you won't be able to buy supplies. If you ever seen Flordia pre-hurricane, the stores are shit-shows. This would probably be the same.

I've spent the better part of the day stocking up on necessities; propane, gas, food stuffs with long shelf-life,water filters, ammunition, basic "prepper" kind of stuff. Even if nothing happens with this outbreak, it never hurts to have this stuff anyway. You never know if you might need to lock yourself up for 3 months.

I know I wont regret doing it (probably overreacting) but its possible I might regret it if I didn't. Can't hurt to take some mild precautions.

The last place I want to be in an emergency is at a store. Things could get harry.

this was 1 month (28 days) ago. Astounding how quick this came.

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
Whether or not he changes his opinion might be guided by what happens with Rand. If Rand only has mild symptoms that require no hospitalization, then he might use that to reinforce his belief that it is not so bad.
Was thinking the same thing. People who are dismissing it most likely won't change their opinion unless/until one or more of the people they know are in the hospital in critical condition, or worse. It won't be real to them until it slaps them in the face.

I just talked to my dad today. My mother-in-law just found out her cousin is in the hospital with the virus. She doesn't know how serious it is, just that she was hospitalized. Hopefully she isn't too bad and recovers fully.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ireland had its biggest increase in confirmed cases today at 191. This is expected to keep increasing exponentially.
^^^ That was 3 days ago.

Confirmed numbers have been lower than 191 for the past few days, but there's apparently a backlog of 40,000 tests to be performed, so we don't really know where we stand in Ireland.

A small sliver of good news:
“Public health doctors carrying out contact tracing are advising that confirmed cases are now reporting fewer contacts, which is an encouraging sign that people are following the public health guidance."

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
People thinking there's gonna be a national lockdown o_O

View attachment 31404
Another group I participate in for biz reasons is all over this. They are reporting helo's circling over, trains full of military equipment and the list goes on. It would be funny, but these folks actually believe it.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
well its official i just got fired this morning.

Was no hard feelings by either party, was actually a friendly conversation.

Is what it is.
Timmy - can you work a deal with one of the shut down restaurants to use their kitchen to make meals for delivery?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Timmy - can you work a deal with one of the shut down restaurants to use their kitchen to make meals for delivery?

I could.

I sort of expected this so i have been getting other wheels in motion.

Not stressed, i have savings i will be fine.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Another group I participate in for biz reasons is all over this. They are reporting helo's circling over, trains full of military equipment and the list goes on. It would be funny, but these folks actually believe it.

I would not rule out a military lockdown at all, eventually. Problem is that human nature is for a fair number of people to not participate in something like a lockdown. It takes 3-4 weeks from a strict lockdown like China for the curve to flatten and start going down. The restriction are likely to keep getting stricter and stricter till the only thing left is military medical lockdown. Granted this may not happen everywhere, but likely in the major metro areas with huge populations

Look at italy, just today the military was out for a full scale military lockdown. There is no travel allowed between cities. we have followed their example lock step so far. So, yeah I don’t think it’s happing now, 20-30 days from now would not surprise me at all.

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport. Realize the US is basically like Europe if we look at states like counties. Our states are acting just like countries have with sequential lockdowns and worsening restrictions led by the most hit areas.

Yes, all of this sounds insane and crazy. But 3 weeks ago what is happening now seems insane and crazy. I am watching Italy and sequentially other countries are following. So I just assume the Us will follow just at a 2-3 week delay.

Last edited:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I would not rule out a military lockdown at all, eventually. Problem is that human nature is for a fair number of people to not participate in something like a lockdown. It takes 3-4 weeks from a strict lockdown like China for the curve to flatten and start going down. The restriction are likely to keep getting stricter and stricter till the only thing left is military medical lockdown. Granted this may not happen everywhere, but likely in the major metro areas with huge populations

Look at italy, just today the military was out for a full scale military lockdown. There is no travel allowed between cities. we have followed their example lock step so far. So, yeah I don’t think it’s happing now, 20-30 days from now would not surprise me at all.

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport.

Yes, all of this sounds insane and crazy. But 3 weeks ago what is happening now seems insane and crazy. I am watching Italy and sequentially other countries are following. So I just assume the Us will follow just at a 2-3 week delay.
I hope it doesn't come to that, but wouldn't be surprised. Worse part is, the people who refuse to take this seriously and shelter in place are most likely going to be the ones to raise huge problems if the military is needed.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

I will go one further, before that I expect all air travel to be halted. And at some time all interstate and intercity traffic to be halted that isn’t essential to supply or other critical transport. Realize the US is basically like Europe if we look at states like counties. Our states are acting just like countries have with sequential lockdowns and worsening restrictions led by the most hit areas.

Do you think they’re going to make rings around all the major cities first? They’d literally have to do them almost simultaneously or ppl would go berserk.. don’t you think? And LA is so freaking big.

I think they could shut down highways per chance.. or just shelter in place.. but the logistics for military control would be a nightmare.

As long as the food supply chain doesn’t get interrupted we’re all good. If I could I’d be keeping a sharp eye on that. There are relatively few regional distribution centers. Ugh.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
The food supply is going to be interesting not so much right now but putting the 2020 crop in the ground. We have a narrow window and if for whatever reason we can’t get seed, fertilizer, or manpower for April-May there could be some serious food issues going forward. There is tremendous uncertainty right now.

Tomipiccoli99

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2020
Argentina
In Argentina there are more people arrested for not complying with the quarantine than infected people, although in two weeks an exponential growth in the curve is expected

Ps: It is no longer profitable to resell gel alcohol.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Do you think they’re going to make rings around all the major cities first? They’d literally have to do them almost simultaneously or ppl would go berserk.. don’t you think? And LA is so freaking big.

I think they could shut down highways per chance.. or just shelter in place.. but the logistics for military control would be a nightmare.

As long as the food supply chain doesn’t get interrupted we’re all good. If I could I’d be keeping a sharp eye on that. There are relatively few regional distribution centers. Ugh.

I’m not going to pretend to have any insight into the logistics of a military lockdown. It would be interesting to talk with someone in the know at the National gaurd, maybe I can find someone for my podcast. Ive had a lot of people reach out already and had some very enlightening conversations.

I think there is always risk of civil unrest when you having trying times and people are scared. We just came across a story today while doing research, basically it appears Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals. We had been speculating of such problems for a while, but this was the first time we’ve seen it happen outright. I expect to see it more. Hope it doesn’t lead to armed conflicts.

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Covid map now broken down by county.

View attachment 31416
This is a perfect lesson in "how to not visualize data"

the number of cases should be represented by acolor gradient scale.. like yellow representing less cases, red representing more. The New York area is nearly impossible to read.

This isn't a shot at the post.. thank you for posting this. Just the guys who made this could have done a much better job. Do you have a link to this?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

the number of cases should be represented by acolor gradient scale.. like yellow representing less cases, red representing more. The New York area is nearly impossible to read.

This isn't a shot at the post.. thank you for posting this. Just the guys who made this could have done a much better job. Do you have a link to this?

It's the normal link, select US, click "admin 2" tab under the list of countries.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Well that looks to me like it was created for drama rather than pure information. Red on black is pretty much one of the worst combinations to view online. I’m just surprised they haven’t added blinking text. Most people asked to name two colours to represent death and pain would probably come up with Black and Red.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
A small sliver of good news:
“Public health doctors carrying out contact tracing are advising that confirmed cases are now reporting fewer contacts, which is an encouraging sign that people are following the public health guidance."

If only that were the case in England/Wales. Idiots thinking they will hit the beaches and public parks because they have all this time off is ridiculous. Mind you having a government that suggests people stay in and observe social distancing like friendly advice from an old uncle rather than be straight and forthright and say stay the F*ck away from each other voluntarily or we will force you within a couple of days doesn’t help.

Maybe some public information films showing people actually dying might bring the seriousness of the situation home.

So many people think they can just carry on as usual because it doesn’t really effect them, and one extra person going about their normal daily routine won’t hurt will it? Well guess what, when hundreds of thousands think the exact same thing you end up making matters far worse.

This is Wales on the weekend. Those cars are parked on the road because the car parks are full to busting.C5BBEDFF-C7D2-4781-AE80-F280D639740B.jpeg

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
If only that were the case in England/Wales. Idiots thinking they will hit the beaches and public parks because they have all this time off is ridiculous. Mind you having a government that suggests people stay in and observe social distancing like friendly advice from an old uncle rather than be straight and forthright and say stay the F*ck away from each other voluntarily or we will force you within a couple of days doesn’t help.

Maybe some public information films showing people actually dying might bring the seriousness of the situation home.

So many people think they can just carry on as usual because it doesn’t really effect them, and one extra person going about their normal daily routine won’t hurt will it? Well guess what, when hundreds of thousands think the exact same thing you end up making matters far worse.

This is Wales on the weekend. Those cars are parked on the road because the car parks are full to busting.View attachment 31422
The stupidity being displayed by so many is mind boggling. It's this kind of thing that could lead to our governments enacting stricter restrictions on our freedoms. Which could lead to increased civil disobedience. And so the downward spiral goes. We have an obligation in "free" societies to do our part as citizens to help put a lid on this pandemic. OR risk being treated like children...go to your room till I say you can come out.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I’m not going to pretend to have any insight into the logistics of a military lockdown. It would be interesting to talk with someone in the know at the National gaurd, maybe I can find someone for my podcast. Ive had a lot of people reach out already and had some very enlightening conversations.

I think there is always risk of civil unrest when you having trying times and people are scared. We just came across a story today while doing research, basically it appears Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals. We had been speculating of such problems for a while, but this was the first time we’ve seen it happen outright. I expect to see it more. Hope it doesn’t lead to armed conflicts.

I see the national guard was deployed overnight to California, Washington, and New York. Does anyone know what they are doing? What is their role right now?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Anyone who doesn't understand that the future is entirely up for grabs by this point lacks imagination.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Prague intercepted a shipment of masks and medical equipment bound for Italy and distributed it to their own hospitals

Extrapolate this idea to a smaller scale - what if your neighbors start snagging your Amazon boxes and potential food delivery boxes (butcher box, etc)?

Good people steal (and worse) when they're scared and trying to look out for their own.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I see the national guard was deployed overnight to California, Washington, and New York. Does anyone know what they are doing? What is their role right now?
They're helping with logistics and setting up tents and cots to treat hospital overflow. They're not armed in any of the photos I've seen, so they're not gearing up for a lockdown.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.