The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
USA has 7000 confirmed cases. 6 of the confirmed are NBA players. That means that 0.09% of the infected are NBA players. Is this a weird coincidence or is it because they tested all the players (I assume this was done as they have the means to get these tests).

People are saying 7000 out of 325,000,000 isn't bad.

But don't you think it's more probable that our 7000 number is so low because people aren't being tested vs that

We will see a huge spike when all the drive through testing facilities come online. Our number is going to spike really high in the next 7 days.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
They are closing the schools in my province. Finally.

One of my best buddies asked if I wanted to hang out today. I told him how I'm practicing the social distancing and only limiting myself to essential contact. He laughed. I wanted to strangle him. Slowly.

I'm strongly considering social distancing myself permanently from people who still think this is "a nothingburger". Yeah mortality rate is low single digits, but if someone you care about happens to fall victim, it won't matter what the actual mortality rate is.

To all you peeps who read this thread weeks ago, analyzed the data, and make the right decisions, I salute you. And I share with you what you spared yourself from.

View: https://twitter.com/lopp/status/1239676109731647491

Question: Why does everyone go to Costco to prep? It should be known by now that it was the first place to get raided for supplies going as far as a few weeks back. Once that last person in line gets in the store will there be even anything left? lol

Check your smaller brand grocers, heck even things like gas stations and convenience stores. A dumb coworker who waited last minute said he couldn't find anything anywhere this past weekend, so he bought out a gas station convenience store for all their goods. Cost way more and probably just has a bunch of unhealthy junk, but better than nothing I suppose.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
For those in the Phoenix area, it seems like Frys is still doing pickup, albeit you have to schedule several days in advance. This is a great option so that you can get your fresh groceries (because you already prepared the long term food stores, RIGHT?!?!) without having to go into the store and get exposed to the masses.

Anecdotal: I had to go to the Subaru stealership this past Saturday to get a TPMS light checked out. I spent 2 hours waiting in the lobby (in my N95 mask) and heard way more people with a dry cough than I would expect. At first I felt dumb for wearing the mask, but as time went on I became more and more convinced that it was the right choice. Some, but not all, are going to be the flu. I suspect this is way more widespread than the numbers are showing, to the extent that it's no longer reasonably safe to be in public without PPE.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I told my mom about our self-quarantine. She said her job let her work remotely. She asked if I was still bringing my daughter over for the weekend. I said no. She said, "Why not? I'm healthy and the virus doesn't affect babies." She followed up by saying she'll lose her mind if she doesn't get to see her granddaughter for a month during self-quarantine because there's nothing to do since all the stores are closed! I face-palmed.

I went to a tactical store this morning to pick up a new gun (the store was pretty busy) and I could hear people talking with clerks about the virus. Their comments were to the effect of "Every couple years there's a pandemic and it's just the government trying to play on our fears." The clerk behind the counter sort of acknowledged his comment then said he's never seen gun sales spike like this before.

Main Street was a ghost town except for that store. Schools finally closed today through April 3rd in Southwest Missouri.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Looks like all the big energy utility companies are rallying while a lot of mREITs like NYMT have plummeted.

Last edited:

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Curious if anyone has more insight into how China closed all 16 of its temporary hospitals? Are they still under quarantine? There doesn't seem to be much info about this.

I've been recommending people take a media quarantine here, outside of WHO and government health official's announcements there isn't much more to be gained from the constant barrage of coverage.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I read, In China they found several persons having the virus again in them after a 5 week break, where they didn’t find any.

Be aware that the sensitivity and specificity of these tests have likely not been proven yet. So there may be a somewhat high false positive rate. Not all negatives are truly negative. Just like all positives are not positive. So it would be expected that at least a handful of people would have had either

- A false negative followed by a true positive
Or
- A true negative followed by a false positive

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
This might be the most important article you ever read

This article is an absolute must-read. Been sending it to people to give them a comprehensive view of what’s going on.

I noticed today people are more worried about insensitivities by calling it a Chinese virus or, "the wuhan virus." Could people be any more ridiculous?

This could be a good thing honestly. The idiots of this country are starting to see the next shiny object thing to be enraged by and weeks of debate will ensue.
Dude, I'm sorry but China is f---ing dirty. The Chinese people have literally the highest IQs in the world and they still can't maintain a tolerably sanitary society. And I’m sure it has something to do with their planned economy communist regime. A group of people THAT intelligent should be thriving, not just our manufacturing bitches. We send a lot of money into their national economy and actions affect everyone. Their archaic factories pollute the living F*ck out of everything:

860_main_air_pollution_solar.png

Their dirty, unsanitary wet markets sell unrefrigerated, unpackaged meat right on the street and just caused a global SARS outbreak that's going to kill hundreds of thousands of people:

wet-market-16_slide-2eb00e06b74f3c65eb2e6a7f58e5d2dcccd753bc-s800-c85.jpg

And yea, we're worried about sensitivity. Their way of living is irresponsible to the global community. It's really time to start cracking down on them.

These markets literally sell bat meat, who were the original hosts to SARS-CoV-2.

5e29b3ae2030274bc50360af.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 2.00.46 PM.png

We pump trillions into their national economy, and I think its time companies start setting some ground rules. You know... simple ones like "stop selling unrefrigerated bat meat on the street corner" or perhaps "stop selling potentially diseased (not to mention critically endangered) Pangolin meat at flea markets" if you want us to keep buying from you.

Really it‘s likely be the entire communist regime that’s to blame because the chinese are just as smart as their Japanese, Hong Kong and Singaporean neighbors and they live like total shit. I think it’s best to compare the capitalist South Korea with the communist North Korea; the only real difference being government.

So sensitivity to the Chinese people? sure. Sensitivity to the shit they and their government is doing? No way.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
You know, while this all sucks, let’s take a minute to appreciate the global response to all this on everyone’s part.

Amazon started prioritizing necessity items and hired 150,000 new employees.

Data Scientists and Mathematicians have begun doing free projections.

Websites have been set up to track the numbers.

The left and the right have been slightly less eager to kill eachother :happy:

Clorox has been ramping up production as much as possible and urging buyers to buy only what they need.

And this whole interconnected world we built is really shining more than ever.

Don’t get me wrong, this is still terrible; especially in italy, but had this happened 30 years ago I think this would have been 100x worse.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
There has been some interest from members in references I have made in posts in this thread to my use of what people refer to as "Quack remedies", so I have posted in some detail here:
O/T: HEALTH Walter Hay’s “Quack” Remedies

It might not be well received in orthodox medical circles.

Walter

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I have said this multiple times as well. There are early indications that some patients develop injury to kidneys, heart, liver, and of course lungs. These are all tissues with high quantities of ACE2 enzyme which is the binding point for the covid virus. Incidentally sars bound to the same protein.
Not only this, but young people tend to work in less stable jobs, servers, hostess, fast food, etc, etc, etc...The longer this lasts, the longer they will be out of jobs, and the greater the financial impact to them. Even if the government gives out some for of payment to each of them for a brief period of time...this has to be repaid at some point with interest, in the form of increased taxation in the future. So the short term financial help will come at a life long financial cost.

Not only that, but their parents are more vulnerable then they are. How many of these younger generations rely on parental support for housing, cellphone, car insurance, cars, food, tuition, etc....what happens if your parents die or are disabled. There are lots and lots of parents 40-60+ years old with kids that are teens or very young adults.

Even though we think of ourselves as individuals, we are part of a chain interlinked with other people of various ages and health. If one link in the chain is broken it can have massive impact on other people linked to them.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many life insurance companies have suspended underwriting new policies? And, how many life insurance companies may become insolvent and unable to honor their financial obligations to people with life insurance policies. The actuarial tables could be easily flipped on their head from an event like this.
I've been thinking about this, too. Like a run on the banks, if there were to be mass deaths and mass life insurance claims, I wonder how many it would take for the carriers to default.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
5 -15% of people with health problems have Coronavirus es in them. Since about 30 years the same.
The only difference this year is, that someone invented a Test for Coronavirus. Btw. The test isn’t prooved to do right yet.
But someone earns a lot of money.

And : this year the number of ill people is a bit UNDER the longyears average.
This is a novel virus.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
It's crazy that Costco line, it however highlights what fear does to the average human being. There is absolutely no reason to stand anywhere past the halfway point of that Costco line, what are you going to find in there anyway after so much have been through?

I didn't prep early as I'm not as fearful of this virus as others are, to each their own.However, on Sunday night, the first time I had been in a supermarket in weeks, I saw the empty shelves and starting prepping and hitting the grocery stores that night and packed away a good month long mobile supply of non perishables. I'm not worried about the virus but of the actions people will take if this gets serious, it won't be pretty and you better be prepared. Fear will make people do some non expected crazy thing, and no in that panicked situation the police cannot/will not protect you. The media/government/etc. is not helping with the constant warnings, they are spooking people.

I usually have 1 month supply of non perishables anyway in our pantry for our family of five at all times, so around 2 months total, not perfect but something. Also got my firearm situation squared away , paid a steep price for 5.56 bulk ammo at the range on Monday but rather have it than not. There was a lot of people buying guns in there for the first time, ideally you want to have some practice but it's better than nothing I suppose, people where trying to buy 2 at a time, etc.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Guys! I found it rather interesting the correlation between radiation and corona virus.

We gotta stop these 5G towers.

View: https://youtu.be/hhUuFCrDOlw

As someone who’s job deals with radiation daily, your correlation makes no sense. 5G is not a form of ionizing radiation.

are there long term effects from non-ionizing radiation. Well, the official answer is no. But I never 100% trust official answers. but the com census at the moment is no.

I don’t see the link to corona in this video

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Data models from reported infections in China suggest that up to 79% of all infections were caused by people NOT KNOWN TO BE INFECTED.

In other words: you're most likely to catch it from someone who doesn't know they are sick and you can't tell is sick.

Just another factor supporting the plea to stay home, even if you don't think you're sick.

A survivor shared this on Facebook:

I had C0VlD-19 and here is my story. I made this post public out of several requests from my friends who asked me to share. I hope it gives you some good information and peace of mind!

First how easily you can get it. I believe I caught it when attending a small house party at which no one was coughing, sneezing or otherwise displaying any symptoms of illness. It appears that 40% of the attendees of this party ended up sick. The media tells you to wash your hands and avoid anyone with symptoms. I did. There is no way to avoid catching this except avoiding all other humans. 40% of folks were all sick within 3 days of attending the party all with the same/similar symptoms including fever.

Second, the symptoms appear to be different depending on your constitution and/or age. Most of my friends who got it were in their late 40s to early 50s. I’m in my mid 30s. For us it was headache, fever (for first 3 days consistently and then on and off after 3 days), severe body aches and joint pain, and severe fatigue. I had a fever that spiked the first night to 103 degrees and eventually came down to 100 and then low grade 99.5. Some folks had diarrhea. I felt nauseous one day. Once the fever is gone some were left with nasal congestion, sore throat. Only a very few of us had a mild itchy cough. Very few had chest tightness or other respiratory symptoms. Total duration of illness was 10-16 days. The main issue is that without reporting a cough or trouble breathing many of us were refused testing. I got tested through the Seattle Flu Study. This is a RESEARCH study here in Seattle and they have been testing volunteers for strains of the flu to study transmission within the community. A few weeks ago, they started to test a random subset of samples for C0VlD-19 infection. They sent my sample to the King County Public Health Department for confirmation; however, I was told that all of the samples that have tested positive in the research study have been confirmed by Public Health.

As of Monday March 9th, it has been 13 days since my symptoms started and more than 72 hours since my fever subsided. The King County Public Health Department is recommending you stay isolated for 7 days after the start of symptoms or 72 hours after your fever subsides. I have surpassed both deadlines so I am no longer isolating myself however I am avoiding strenuous activity and large crowds and I obviously will not come near you if I see you in public. I was not hospitalized. Not every country is hospitalizing everyone with a C0VlD-19 infection and in my case, and in many other cases, I didn’t even go to the doctor because I was recovering on my own and felt it was just a nasty flu strain different from the ones I have been protected from with this season’s flu vaccine.

I also truly believe the lack of testing is leading to folks believing that they just have a cold or something else going out into public and spreading it. And worse folks with no symptoms are also spreading it as in the case of a person attending a party or social gathering who has no symptoms.

I know some folks are thinking that this can’t/won’t impact them. I hope it doesn’t but I believe that the overall lack of early and pervasive testing damaged the public’s ability to avoid the illness here in Seattle. All I know is that Seattle has been severely impacted and although I’m better now I would not wish this very uncomfortable illness on anyone.

One thing that I believe may have saved me from getting worse respiratory symptoms is the fact that I consistently took Sudafed, used Afrin nasal spray (3 sprays in each nostril, 3 days at a time and then 3 days off), and used a Neti pot (with purified water). This could have kept my sinuses clear and prevented the symptoms from spreading to my lungs. This is not medical advice: I’m simply sharing what I did and correlating it with the fact that I had no respiratory symptoms. The two could be entirely unrelated based on the viral strain and viral load that I received.

I hope this information helps someone avoid getting sick and/or push to get tested sooner rather than later so you know to isolate before it gets worse or to get medical care if you have respiratory distress. Hand washing doesn’t guarantee you won’t get sick, especially when folks without symptoms are contagious and could be standing right next to you in any given social situation. You more likely than not will not die, but do you want to risk spreading it to a loved one over 60 or someone with an immunity issue? Stay healthy folks!

UPDATE: I was interviewed for several tv stations:

https://www.king5.com/…/281-126b5ec3-27f1-4e87-b488-2c7a9c6…

https://youtu.be/x1yuHY5_r_k

http://newschannel9.com/…/seattle-resident-explains-what-it…

KOMO News
KING 5 Evening
The Evergrey
The Stranger
CNN
BBC News
Associated Press-Washington State
NDTV

Elizabeth Schneider shared her personal coronavirus story on her Facebook page, where it quickly went viral.

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015
As someone who’s job deals with radiation daily, your correlation makes no sense. 5G is not a form of ionizing radiation.

are there long term effects from non-ionizing radiation. Well, the official answer is no. But I never 100% trust official answers. but the com census at the moment is no.

I don’t see the link to corona in this video

Makes sense. Maybe I’m tripping about 5G.
Just the way he described the phases of acute radiation poisoning reminded me of the phases of corona virus some had described.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Makes sense. Maybe I’m tripping about 5G.
Just the way he described the phases of acute radiation poisoning reminded me of the phases of corona virus some had described.

nothing related. The short term affects are because rapidly dividing tissues like your gut cells die quickly from radiation. Makes you nauseous and have GI symptoms. Longer term there are changes your dna and causes other slower problems.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I haven't heard this discussed, but I really would hope that the USA would release any prisoners for certain crime classifications, like marijuana. They should ANYWAY, but we really don't need to compound issues.

You sure it’s needed?

We should just let it spread. Why contain it at such a high economic cost?

Math. Killing customers is not good for business.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I haven't heard this discussed, but I really would hope that the USA would release any prisoners for certain crime classifications, like marijuana. They should ANYWAY, but we really don't need to compound issues.

Math. Killing customers is not good for business.

i made this point several days ago in my podcast.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California

treasury sec said jobless rate will go from 3% to 20% unemployment. Double the unemployment during 2008 crisis. We should just quarantine elderly and sick. Let everyone else get immunity. Then it won’t come back next season.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.