The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Getting Entrepreneurship entirely wrong...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I gotta admit I'm really really really proud at the way that the US is handling this. We're learning from what happened in the other countries and applying the lessons. The US has a major advantage since we have had a preexisting model and weren't completely sucker-punched like Asia and Europe, and it's really nice to see the president and everyone taking this seriously.

Anyway, I pray for the best for everyone. Europe, Asia, Americas and everyone in between.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
I've started using Instacart to have groceries delivered. The fees are very reasonable and it allows tips to be sent directly to the deliverer.

I think I will stick with the practice as long as it is available and affordable.

In my area they can get things from Costco, Sprouts, Target, Petco, and a whole lot of others.

Companies like this save time and reduce direct exposure to crowds. It makes perfect sense to me.

How much longer until these services are still available though?

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Tampa is closing shop. Kind of creepy. We're well prepared, and now starting the process of helping friends who are not. God did NOT give us a spirit of fear, so if you are one of the few here that have my number and are feeling fear, call me.

Your comment about fear reminded me of something I saw recently... I thought this was pretty good.

C. S. Lewis' 1948 essay on the Corona Virus.
(Just replace "Atomic Bomb" with "Corona")
"In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. How are we to live in an atomic age?" I am tempted to reply: "Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of syphilis, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.
In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us are going to die in unpleasant ways. We had, indeed, one very great advantage over our ancestors—anesthetics; but we have that still. It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
This is the first point to be made: and the first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about bombs. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds."

It's important to think logically, be prepared, and take necessary precautions, but being ruled by fear is pointless. Doesn't seem like many people here are in this boat, but so many people are if you just look around.

I live in South Korea, and it's funny because a few days ago my family in the US was so worried about me and telling me I should come home. Now they realize I'm better off here. Crazy how fast things can change.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Note: this is a guesstimate, but I still think it illustrates the how those the official numbers are very likely grossly underreported since so few people have actually been tested. In Ohio only 13 people have tested positive.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
There is really no way of knowing. They could be shut down by some authority or the company. The shoppers or drivers may refuse to accept a job. These services are also obviously dependant on the availability of goods at the stores.

You set the tip up front, so larger tips may help your job be selected by workers.

I'm planning on using this for fresh and frozen produce until it no longer is available. If the services stop I will cut out the salads and transition completely to my dry and canned goods. If that all runs out and I still can't get supplies I will break into the buckets of dehydrated potatoes. If those run out, things will get very interesting. I guess I'd grab the shotgun and go foraging before I starved. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I have made the decision today to no longer train BJJ or combat sports for the foreseeable future.

The risk is to great.

I wont cancel my membership as id hate for my place to go under.

being extra vigilant with hygiene.

My training event for work was cancelled next week. it was 2 days in the CBD scheduled with hundreds of people employed in the company supposed to be attending.

Attachments

• COVID 19 prep.JPG
    COVID 19 prep.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 20
  • COVID 19 prep2.JPG
    COVID 19 prep2.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 19
  • COVID 19.JPG
    COVID 19.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 12

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
I gotta admit I'm really really really proud at the way that the US is handling this. We're learning from what happened in the other countries and applying the lessons. The US has a major advantage since we have had a preexisting model and weren't completely sucker-punched like Asia and Europe, and it's really nice to see the president and everyone taking this seriously.

Anyway, I pray for the best for everyone. Europe, Asia, Americas and everyone in between.

Bitter Sweet my friend.

The most powerful, the most resources....FOLLOWING. ..and forced to at that.

Someone actually said...

"I have a HUNCH.....the SCIENTISTS are wrong."

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
How about you get a degree in medicine and then join the conversation

@lowtek analysis is pretty rational. Don’t insult his contribution, he is pretty accurate is most the things he’s saying.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I just saw this.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
I've been diving deep into the rabbit hole regarding prepping, survivalism, etc. and I came across this awesome site that has links to books and pdfs on a great number of things related to the aforementioned topics.

You know, in case anyone else has decided to just hole up in their dwelling for the entire weekend and they don't have any basketball/hockey to watch. :p

survival.jpg

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
There is really no way of knowing. They could be shut down by some authority or the company. The shoppers or drivers may refuse to accept a job. These services are also obviously dependant on the availability of goods at the stores.

You set the tip up front, so larger tips may help your job be selected by workers.

I'm planning on using this for fresh and frozen produce until it no longer is available. If the services stop I will cut out the salads and transition completely to my dry and canned goods. If that all runs out and I still can't get supplies I will break into the buckets of dehydrated potatoes. If those run out, things will get very interesting. I guess I'd grab the shotgun and go foraging before I starved. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point

I just tried placing another Instacart order from Sprouts at 21:15 on Friday. The earliest delivery date is Monday at 16:00. So it's definitely impacting the Instacart service already. It will be interesting to see if the order actually makes it through.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington

This has got to be sarcasm. Right?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I have made the decision today to no longer train BJJ or combat sports for the foreseeable future.

The risk is to great.

I wont cancel my membership as id hate for my place to go under.

being extra vigilant with hygiene.

My training event for work was cancelled next week. it was 2 days in the CBD scheduled with hundreds of people employed in the company supposed to be attending.

Your BJJ school would probably be super happy if their students maintained their memberships until the pandemic is over. I still think students might be able to pair up and regularly "roll" with one other classmate, maybe at one of their houses. At least you could have 1 person you still trained with.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
This has got to be sarcasm. Right?

the response today was actually good. He could have been ignorant and continued the poor testing and information flow to people. Now we have opened up funding, testing is coming online, people are aware we need to elongate how and when this virus hits our healthcare system, and the economy didn’t continue to tank.

It could be ALOT worse, mind you, it still can get a lot worse but today was actually good.

edit: stock market not economy. I’d say we have a 1 month window before we see some serious problems with the economy if we do shut down for that long

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Your BJJ school would probably be super happy if their students maintained their memberships until the pandemic is over. I still think students might be able to pair up and regularly "roll" with one other classmate, maybe at one of their houses. At least you could have 1 person you still trained with.

Yeh i think everyone that can afford to keep paying will as we love the place, but some might not have the means.

I was just chatting to a mate of mine about it, and he has mats at his place and has invited me to roll at his, as he was thinking the same as me.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
There is near 0% probability trump hasn’t been tested, probably multiple times.

trump has his own personal physician on hand all the time. His health is monitored constantly. When he travels there is an actual trauma surgeon that travels with him, I personally know someone that was a presidential trauma surgeon.

however, trumps status may be considered a matter of national security.

Trump has never said he wouldn’t be tested. He has said he would, he just hasn’t said if he has. There are lots of reasons I can see why they would not want to disclose upfront if he had been test or not, and what his status is.

Nothing to worry about.

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
the response today was actually good. He could have been ignorant and continued the poor testing and information flow to people. Now we have opened up funding, testing is coming online, people are aware we need to elongate how and when this virus hits our healthcare system, and the economy didn’t continue to tank.

It could be ALOT worse, mind you, it still can get a lot worse but today was actually good.

edit: stock market not economy. I’d say we have a 1 month window before we see some serious problems with the economy if we do shut down for that long
There is no "Google website" coming on line. It's only Verily site in Silicon Valley. So... "testing is coming online" is fake news.

Did you notice the timing of the rose garden press thing? As it happened, the market closed nice and high. Why the F were all those CEO's there except to help the Dow?

But all the worry-worthy comments came after the closing bell Friday. I'll bet a dollar that markets sink Monday - bad.
"I'm not responsible for dismantling the Pandemic Task Force in 2018" is not a good answer to a question about what the Administration did. Or "I don't know anything about it because it wasn't me."

There are NO tests available for us non-NBA players, non-Hollywood types.

Promises of tests are not actually TESTS. The hospitals refuse testing symptomatic people unless they're literally unable to breathe. Because. There. Are. No. Tests. Available.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
There is no "Google website" coming on line. It's only Verily site in Silicon Valley. So... "testing is coming online" is fake news.

Did you notice the timing of the rose garden press thing? As it happened, the market closed nice and high. Why the F were all those CEO's there except to help the Dow?

But all the worry-worthy comments came after the closing bell Friday. I'll bet a dollar that markets sink Monday - bad.
"I'm not responsible for dismantling the Pandemic Task Force in 2018" is not a good answer to a question about what the Administration did. Or "I don't know anything about it because it wasn't me."

There are NO tests available for us non-NBA players, non-Hollywood types.

Promises of tests are not actually TESTS. The hospitals refuse testing symptomatic people unless they're literally unable to breathe. Because. There. Are. No. Tests. Available.
A big pump and dump perhaps? I did notice that they did the state of emergency right before the markets closed, which allowed the market to respond and close up nearly 10%. I was thinking also that there has to be a reason, if nothing else to let everyone get a nice bump and enter the weekend on a better note than they did Thursday.

I dunno.....I know that I'm sitting in cash and real estate, and my business is safe as long as the government doesn't completely crash.

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
Some are investing in domain names. :D :D

novelcorona.com - Created: 2020-01-21 17:23:44 UTC
anticorona.com - Created: 2020-01-21 23:38:47 UTC
preventcorona.com - Created: 2020-01-25 13:19:44 UTC
coronaprevention.com - Created: 2020-01-21 19:57:22 UTC
nocorona.com - Created: 2020-01-25 15:48:53 UTC
avoidcorona.com - Creation Date: 2020-02-06T22:59:01Z
stopcorona.com - Creation Date: 2020-01-24T00:50:01Z

falcon87pl

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Poland
„So when Wuhan thought it had 444 cases, it had 27 times more. If France thinks it has 1,400 cases, it might well have tens of thousands.

[...]

With the number of cases we see today in countries like the US, Spain, France, Iran, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden or Switzerland, Wuhan was locked down.

And if you’re telling yourself: “Well, Hubei is just one region”, let me remind you that it has nearly 60 million people, bigger than Spain and about the size of France.”

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Here's how I know this is fake news: Trump himself would never willingly expose his daughter (the precious Ivanka) to this virus. He's been tested. And if he's positive, his daughter is miles away, probably locked in a box.
Meanwhile America’s first daughter Ivanka Trump has not gone into isolation and or been tested after her exposure to Australia’s corona virus-infected Home Affairs Minister, Peter Dutton.
Peter Dutton met with Ivanka Trump in The White House last week. Picture: AP/The White House

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Meanwhile America’s first daughter Ivanka Trump has not gone into isolation and or been tested after her exposure to Australia’s corona virus-infected Home Affairs Minister, Peter Dutton.
Peter Dutton met with Ivanka Trump in The White House last week. Picture: AP/The White House

It is MIND BLOWING....tells Tokyo to cancel Olympics.

Tells WWE to keep having wrestling crowds and says his Rallies will continue and his people/family/himself are likely spreading the virus.

Not tested....shaking hands at Virus Speech. Same guy that said leave the Americans overseas and stranded on cruise ships.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It is MIND BLOWING....tells Tokyo to cancel Oympics.

Tells WWE to keep having wrestling crowds and says his Rallies will continue and his people/family/himself are likely spreading the virus.

Not tested....shaking hands at Virus Speech. Same guy that said leave the Americans overseas and stranded on cruise ships.

*Just want to add...
I love this place. M.J. and many others have given the world life changing 100% free knowledge to leverage.

We are not The Borg from Star Trek..we can have differing opinions.

But facts rule the day I want us all to PROSPER. and LIVE.

Somebody else we know has no problem attacking/hating the messenger.
We are above that.
If Misinformation was a crime....but it can still put people in harms way.

What a lame post.

Are these the tiny things you are going to focus on right now?

The guy has a million things on his plate and nearly every media outlet in the country looking to find any perceived mistakes and magnify them 1000 times.

I suggest focusing on what you control and where you can add value.

Is this the best use of your time right now?

Rokit1210

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jul 11, 2019
United Kingdom
It's interesting times for the nuclear industry, it needs people and supplies 24/7.
I'm classed as essential staff and I'm part of the emergency plans so as long as I'm not ill... I go to work. In fact, there's talk of emergency plans right up to quarantining healthy people on site depending on how bad it gets and how many staff get sick.

I might have to live at work! Scary thought if all your family are getting sick and you can't care for them. Hopefully it gets nowhere near that bad but, if I have to live on the site for a couple of months then I will.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.