The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
People buy toilet paper because they perceive it as more scarce. It appears that way because it's bulky and light weight, therefore stores only stock the amount they can fit on the shelf.

Then, it snowballs because the word gets out that the store is out of toilet paper.

I was at Costco the other day and there were 100 people waiting in line to get toilet paper. Then, I went across the street to Safeway and the toilet paper aisle was completely full.

It's all about perceptions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I am curious how easily people can be manipulated. For example if people started posting pictures of empty shelves of pasta sauce would we all throw an extra can in our carts next time we are at the store, or would we make a special trip right now to make sure we were able to get it. More interesting would we be relieved or upset if we found the shelves empty or if we found them full? I suspect we would have a moment of pure joy if there were 2 jars left and you got the last 2 even if you don’t like pasta. Many lessons for understanding your own personal psychology especially if you are a trader and can recognize your own emotions.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
We're up almost 200 from yesterday in the Netherlands. :( 800. Luckily, It's Introvert season. I'm used too it. Ah...Good thing I'm a Mental Toughness Coach on Adversity...I think I hear my calling! :)

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
New press conference from the Danish prime minister.

• We shut down our borders from tomorrow
  • All not necessary health care functions will shut down. All health care people will focus on covid19.
  • Transport of goods still allowed.
  • All travel, to the whole world, is now advised against.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 24, 2017
Spain
In Denmark, you won't be tested now unless you are seriously ill. The government says we have a really high dark number of infected people. Only around 800 confirmed, but we have a lot more because of the priorities of the health system, focusing on thr very ill and not us, who will get well staying at home for a week or two.

When I hear this from the Danish government, I can't imagine how high the numbers of infected people are in Italy, China, Iran etc. You can't use the official numbers of infected people for anything, since it has nothing to do with the real number of infected people.

My advice, start having precautions and avoiding crowds.
I am in Madrid, Spain, where cases are exploding now and hospitals are starting to collapse.

A week ago we were at the same point as you are describing in Denmark. Although it was clear there was local transmission, they only tested people with symtoms coming from Italy or China. Actually our first death was a person who had died three weeks before from "unclassified pneumonia". Having that information, last Sunday we had a massive demonstration, Government saying there was no rational risk at that time.

On Monday they were cancelling schools, running out of toilet paper and all that stuff. They cancelled the Valencian "Fallas" (last time they were cancelled was because of the civil war), they must be really scared to take that unpopular and expensive measure.

Today they declared state of emergency and starting tomorrow in Madrid all shops will be closed except pharmacies, hospitals and supermarkets. I am pretty sure there will be mandatory quarantine by Monday, Italy style.
They are now admitting we are about to become a Milan 2.0 and preparing us mentally for what is coming, but the worst part is that we saw it coming and made the same mistakes and even worse ones.

My advice to all of you in other countries in 2 or 3 digits for infected people: get ready and take it seriously, this is not the flu, this sh*t gets really nasty very quickly. Ah, and dont beleive that stuff that it only affects old people, in Spain, we have several young people with no prior patologies in our ICUs in critical condition.

In conclusion, get ready, take this seriously, avoid crowds and stay at home as much as you can.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 24, 2017
Spain
I've never understood the meaning behind stocking on toilet paper. Wouldn't people run out of food before they run out of toilet paper? Same thing goes with hand sanitizer, all the shelves are empty in my stores but the soap is all there still. It's cringe.

Exactly, and why don't they realize that, if they run out of toilet paper, they can clean their a$$ with f*cking soap!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Tampa is closing shop. Kind of creepy. We're well prepared, and now starting the process of helping friends who are not. God did NOT give us a spirit of fear, so if you are one of the few here that have my number and are feeling fear, call me.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I don’t mean to pry vigilante but I have a lot of respect for you and am curious on your views on helping those who haven’t prepared. I am a Christian and on one hand feel an obligation to lend a hand whenever I can, on the other hand I have my own family to look after and not knowing how long this is going to last don’t want to jeopardize them to help those who simply ignored this.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Australian Government announced Friday afternoon that all gatherings over 500 people were banned, starting Monday. Not sure why they wouldn’t make it immediate...

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
There are a reported 38 cases in Louisiana and the governor closed all schools in the state K-12. Colleges are doing online teaching and I can't find any toilet paper. I don't trust my 14 year old at home by them self for an entire month unsupervised. Gas has gone down so I guess that is a positive.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Just wish everyone was as calm as Mr. Trump. No need to panic guys.. the technology and resources we have available at this day and age, we all should be extremely grateful. Imagine being in a third world country with an outbreak like this.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
First reported case where I live - Duval County = Jacksonville, FL.

Visited two Publix and a Walmart today. No hand sanitizer, no rubbing alcohol, no bleach, limited TP stocks with some brands gone. Still some cleaning/disinfectant cleaners available and plenty of soap. Also plenty of food of all types.

The good news - I gassed up for $1.83/gallon. BJ club member price but seeing lots of $1.9ish signs around.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Tampa is closing shop. Kind of creepy. We're well prepared, and now starting the process of helping friends who are not. God did NOT give us a spirit of fear, so if you are one of the few here that have my number and are feeling fear, call me.
The manager at BJ's and I had a little chuckle yesterday. He said something like, "I wonder when this will blow over?" To which I responded, " just in time for a hurricane so we can do it all over again." This is FL after all.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The market (thus far, it is still ongoing) loved the press conference. I'm guessing it was the coordination with public/private interests. I was pretty impressed, but I am just one opinion. Money poured into the market, and the market represents millions of minds and trillions of dollars.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
The UK is employing a unique "herd immunity" strategy where 60-70% of the population has to get the virus to build immunity.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
The market (thus far, it is still ongoing) loved the press conference. I'm guessing it was the coordination with public/private interests. I was pretty impressed, but I am just one opinion. Money poured into the market, and the market represents millions of minds and trillions of dollars.
Great press conference. If this doesn’t boost the confidence in people, then I don’t know what will.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
Have you guys seen this? Couldn't find the youtube link so had to post the reddit one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlyterrifying/comments/fhgm0w View: https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlyterrifying/comments/fhgm0w/wuhan_residents_powerful_and_chilling_message_to/

Basically, the woman says images from China about hospitals being cleared are fake and everything is still overflowing, nothing is improving.
stuff like this needs to stop.. have to get more official reports. This is fear mongering if it’s wrong.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
Pretty sure Worldometer is getting overloaded right now. I can't seem to get on.

Pretty sure the whole damn world just woke up.

My work for example instructed us to work from home starting next Monday.

Costco was also a s^&tshow last night. It felt like I was on a different planet.

EDIT: On the flip side this might free up a bit more time for working on my projects, so theres some silver lining.

Last edited:

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
stuff like this needs to stop.. have to get more official reports. This is fear mongering if it’s wrong.

If she is right, there's no way an "official report" would reveal it.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
If she is right, there's no way an "official report" would reveal it.
Stop paying attention to sh*t like that. I deal with several factories in China, including Wuhan and we have a personal friendship at this point, they’re all telling me the numbers are down significantly and people are doing MUCH better.

Last edited:

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Stop paying attention to sh*t like that. I deal with several factories in China, including Wuhan and we have a personal friendship at this point, they’re all telling me the numbers are done significantly and people are doing MUCH better.

I'll take every bit of evidence into account. There's no way to truly ever know anyways.

Your partners in Wuhan are probably just telling you what their news is telling them. Are they being told the truth? Who knows.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I'll take every bit of evidence into account. There's no way to truly ever know anyways.

Your partners in Wuhan are probably just telling you what their news is telling them. Are they being told the truth? Who knows.
They live in the middle of where it all started. They can tell just by looking outside if things are better or not.

I’m just saying, in times like these, its best to avoid most media, especially things on reddit.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Pretty sure Worldometer is getting overloaded right now. I can't seem to get on.

Pretty sure the whole damn world just woke up.

My work for example instructed us to work from home starting next Monday.

Costco was also a s^&tshow last night. It felt like I was on a different planet.

EDIT: On the flip side this might free up a bit more time for working on my projects, so theres some silver lining.

I am sure this has been posted before buried in this thread somewhere,
but I thought this could be an alternative to Worldometer:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
Really great speech by Trump. I’m glad redfield isn’t involved anymore.

Love the idea of the brains in this country....google, quest, labcorp, taking over and getting millions of test

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
it just occurred to me that this panic buying cycle is almost identical to the technology adoption cycle.

CACB6AFE-5D1A-45A2-8535-9EA4D44CB8D8.png

Basically the preparers that began preparing and sticking up 2-4 weeks ago (or even earlier) were equivalent to the innovators on this graph.

Those that started buying up supplies on the last week were the early adopters.

right now we are starting to see the early majority starting to show up and buy things.

the point is that if this continues, which I see no stoping at this point in time you will have both the early majority accelerate, then the late majority will come on too. So I’m betting we are just seeing the tip of things running out. We are most likely just at the start of the early majority. In the days to weeks ahead you will see the true panic when the early and late majority get full vested and involved.

A5B21C53-2B5A-473B-96E8-7457325183ED.jpeg

this was north Scottsdale Costco today at 1pm. Lines for every register reaching back into the product isles half way back in the store. I believe we are still at the beginning of the early majority, imagine how much busier things could be.

It’s kinda interesting to see the cycle Of products. It seems like at first the products to sell out were prevention (hand sanitizer, masks, etc...), next came precaution (some water and a some extra food), now we are entering preparation (longer term supplies, dog food, etc).

What do you expect the next cycle to be a run on. I’m guessing it’s going to be monitoring. Pulse oximeters, thermometers, blood presssure cuffs, etc. And then therapeutics such as antibiotics, oxygen concentrators, etc. too bad it’s hard to get stufff from China now.

EDIT

I still feel the same, risk is significant but low from the virus under 50. But when the chimp brain takes over I definitely don’t trust other people or how society my react. Both towards healthcare and resources.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Stop paying attention to sh*t like that. I deal with several factories in China, including Wuhan and we have a personal friendship at this point, they’re all telling me the numbers are done significantly and people are doing MUCH better.

Have they given clear dates for when stuff will be delivered?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
this was north Scottsdale Costco today at 1pm. Lines for every register reaching back into the product isles half way back in the store.

Honestly, that location is a shit-show normally with lines into the aisles.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.