The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Do you think the COVID19 pandemic is an intentional hoax, mass hysteria, or something else? If intentional, by whom and for what purpose? Just curious what is to gain by freaking out the entire planet.

No I was just making fun of @Rivoli

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
Tom Hanks and his wife are reporting they're infected, via Twitter. I wonder if this will wake up the normies?
Read their tweet yourself. They said it’s basically a slight cold. Barely had a fever.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Heres a good account of someone's spouse that had it and their experience

https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-C0VlD-19-story-61466a56811

Drive2Riches

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 18, 2014
Washington
But not the UK.. which is already dealing with the Brexit storm. Now they’re gonna be stuck with Europeans pouring in to try to use their airports to get to America. The UK is now the gatekeeper?
European Trump assets only exist in UK.
Tom Hanks and his wife are reporting they're infected, via Twitter.
They were in Australia when they got tested.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Wow, your incredibly intelligent and well thought out rebuttal has changed my mind. Now I can see the truth. This is all just a hoax.

Nobody anywhere in the world is under quarantine with their government restricting their movement.

There haven't been any panic runs on useless paper products. Nobody would ever think to get food next.

People would never resort to violence over scraps when they realize they're behind the curve.

There are no supply chain disruptions that will limit peoples' access to goods in the future.

The truckers will always ship food to the stores, no matter how many of them or their families get sick.

The utility workers will never get sick and stop coming to work to maintain critical infrastructure.

The hospitals have infinite resources, so no matter how many sick people show up at once, they will all get personalized attention just like those on the Diamond Princess.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

Welcome, glad you’re woke now.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Unless god forbid someone famous dies. People probably don’t see Tom hanks as that old. It’s abstract to people, someone like this dies and it becomes super personal super fast. One very public example and the shit could really hit the fan.

Tom Hanks use to be a heavy smoker and is a Type 2 Diabetic, while his wife is a breast cancer survivor. They are both 63. I don't know if that puts them at more risk, but they may not be out of the woods yet.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Heres a good account of someone's spouse that had it and their experience

https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-C0VlD-19-story-61466a56811

that’s very interesting, and makes me wonder if Jackie and I actually contracted CV late Jan beginning of February. Jackie got sick first, her throat was so sore she lost her voice completely for 4 days. She was completely wiped out for 3 weeks and had to take time off of work.

I had a work trip , but got symptoms a couple days before I left. The sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had in my life. I had no symptoms except a sore throat, maybe some fever I don’t remember. I partially lost my voice but it just was really scratchy but didn’t go away entirely. Just a terrible sore throat. It lasted about 3 weeks, it lasted so long I actually started to become concerned it was something more serious like throat cancer. I’ve never had a sore throat like that ever in my entire life. It was so bad at night I would wake up choking from the thick secretions that built up on the back of my throat.

We both recovered completely around 2-3 weeks ago.

unfortunately at the moment they only have a test for the actual virus, there is no serology to test for antibodies. When they do I will get tested. but if it’s positive I’m certain that is when I was infected.

At that time CV was just barely a blip on my radar and as far as I was concerned something happening in China and the grand princess.

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
In Minnesota, they do curb-side testing, where if you have COVID symptoms you essentially drive up, they come out to your car and swab you, and then let you know if your results are positive or negative.

The colleges here are switching to online classes for the rest of the semester. There's 5 people now in Minnesota with the virus, and I feel foolish because I've been going to the gym, sauna, and eating out a lot recently without care. I now have a few symptoms - bad congestion, dry cough, and a fever. It's only been 3 days and ive been getting worse, and while I'm hoping it's a cold you never know...

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
that’s very interesting, and makes me wonder if Jackie and I actually contracted CV late Jan beginning of February. Jackie got sick first, her throat was so sore she lost her voice completely for 4 days. She was completely wiped out for 3 weeks and had to take time off of work.

I had a work trip , but got symptoms a couple days before I left. The sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had in my life. I had no symptoms except a sore throat, maybe some fever I don’t remember. I partially lost my voice but it just was really scratchy but didn’t go away entirely. Just a terrible sore throat. It lasted about 3 weeks, it lasted so long I actually started to become concerned it was something more serious like throat cancer. I’ve never had a sore throat like that ever in my entire life.

unfortunately at the moment they only have a test for the actual virus, there is no serology to test for antibodies. When they do I will get tested. but if it’s positive I’m certain that is when I was infected.

At that time CV was just barely a blip on my radar and as far as I was concerned something happening in China and the grand princess.
My step mom said something to that effect, but it was last year. Lasted forever and she was quite sick.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014

I had a work trip , but got symptoms a couple days before I left. The sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had in my life. I had no symptoms except a sore throat, maybe some fever I don’t remember. I partially lost my voice but it just was really scratchy but didn’t go away entirely. Just a terrible sore throat. It lasted about 3 weeks, it lasted so long I actually started to become concerned it was something more serious like throat cancer. I’ve never had a sore throat like that ever in my entire life.

Yep, makes me wonder if I have it now.

My employee was on a cruise mid January. When he got back he got sick twice, really sick I kept making fun of him but he said it was the worst he's experienced in his life. He went to the doctor and they quarantined and tested him briefly late January/early Feb. Came back negative. Didnt think much beyond it but still kept a pulse on the whole situation.

My throat has been sore for the past 5 days. I have 0 health issues and am extremely healthy/workout/run daily + vitamins etc so I wonder if it wont affect me as bad?

Im watching for a cough/fever because other than some body aches and sore throat Im fine. The body aches could be from over working and working out - noticed yesterday that my back was just achier than usual but could be nothing ( i try to not be the guy that thinks he has everything). Theres no reported cases in my city or state for that matter but reading that article brings the virus into perspective for people.

Not much you can do about it either way... if you have it - try to survive and not spread it. If you don't - try to survive and dont get it.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Control.

This has always been foremost for me in operating my business. I've always looked for ways to make sure that we could create procedures and operations that would enable us to continually grow.

You build a team, create a brand, develop a customer base, plan for the future and something out of nowhere knocks you to your knees and forces you to reassess everything.

The Big CV

Like many of us on TFF, I too, own a small business. 10 employees. A couple of B&M stores that cater to a close knit niche market. Regulars that often come through our doors just to see what's new.

Employees that have been with me for years. I regard most of them like family.
We are a team.
They helped build an idea into reality.

Business isn't just about the bottom line. It is just as much about building relationships and helping others to grow in their strengths also.

And now a whole new challenge. A whole new protocol to figure out. A new unseen force to reckon with. A silent, unseen competitor that wants to steal and suck the very soul from your business and possibly your life.

The past few days I have been wrestling with developing and implementing a protocol on how and when and to what extent to combat the threat of C0VlD-19 for not only the business but also my employees livelihood.

Retail already has it's own challenges, and now has the added threat of seeing a customer walking through your front door, and feeling a bit 'under the weather' and hacking sputum all over your most popular items. Or an employee coming to work with the sniffles that soon run a fever and begin to develop a low hollow cough.

I, like many of us, desperately have to begin implementing a policy for that day most likely in the near future. Or will I just be told to shut down???

Questions millions of small businesses will be facing real soon...

How do we all develop a protocol when we have so few answers?

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California

I had a work trip , but got symptoms a couple days before I left. The sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had in my life. I had no symptoms except a sore throat, maybe some fever I don’t remember. I partially lost my voice but it just was really scratchy but didn’t go away entirely. Just a terrible sore throat. It lasted about 3 weeks, it lasted so long I actually started to become concerned it was something more serious like throat cancer. I’ve never had a sore throat like that ever in my entire life. It was so bad at night I would wake up choking from the thick secretions that built up on the back of my throat.

Envision, have you had contact with any people from China or anyone infected?

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
View attachment 31003
Envision, have you had contact with any people from China or anyone infected?

Assume that was meant for me. Jackie works at Mayo Clinic, and patients and benefactors from all over the worlds are constantly coming through. I interact with lots of people from all over the world on a regular basis. We don’t know specifically of any at risk contact, but our normal social and work network there is extensive travel for work and pleasure.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Remember to sell the N95 one, not the surgical one!

But even then, other health products related to strengthening of the immune system can do well.

It seems that the virus came from eating ‘exotic animals’...so I guess vegan meats and stuff should get a boost.

The only thing I read on SA about the Wuhan virus was ‘hedging with options against Chinese indices’ or something like that lol.

I F*cking love the fast lane forum.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I had a strange fever a few months ago but it was late November, way too early unless it's been in Europe for much longer (I do travel a lot though, but only within Europe). My mum and I had a temperature for weeks. She always has colds because she works in a nursery and kids are petri dishes, but I rarely do, and I haven't had a temperate in over a decade. It was mild, but my voice was messed up for a month or two on after that. Normally I would brush it aside but I remember thinking it felt like a different virus.

Might have been a different virus but it does make me wonder when covid actually came to Europe. I'm sure it wasn't February.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
You want 300 million ppl to go buy some rice and beans and toilet paper.. today? And then when they’re allll done with that you want us to stay home, not go anywhere, and twiddle our thumbs for a month because of unconfirmed conflicting numbers, no clear mortality rate, constant misinformation from a communist country and some YouTube ppl?

That's what we are doing here in Italy, ma'am. There are no unconfirmed or conflicting numbers here:

- 10590 are currently infected
- 827 died
- 1045 recovered

The total number of cases: 12462.

Everything is closed now, except grocery stores, but you don't want to go out and buy small stuff whenever because of the contagion, so you better stock up.

People are encouraged to work for home, and to go outside and move anywhere you have to self-certify that you are doing well and provide a good reason for going out.

There's no way in hell I'm going outside unless I run out of food.

Friendly advice from someone who is living in one of the most affected countries:clench:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Something tells me that while other businesses are terrified of the financial and economic impact, survival companies have a big smile on their faces and that smile isn't going away for a while!

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
That's what we are doing here in Italy, ma'am. There are no unconfirmed or conflicting numbers here:

- 10590 are currently infected
- 827 died
- 1045 recovered

The total number of cases: 12462.

Everything is closed now, except grocery stores, but you don't want to go out and buy small stuff whenever because of the contagion, so you better stock up.

People are encouraged to work for home, and to go outside and move anywhere you have to self-certify that you are doing well and provide a good reason for going out.

There's no way in hell I'm going outside unless I run out of food.

Friendly advice from someone who is living in one of the most affected countries:clench:

Are you allowed to go outside for a walk? I'd start climbing the walls with no fresh air for a month

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Are you allowed to go outside for a walk? I'd start climbing the walls with no fresh air for a month

We were, up to yesterday, but our PM Conte just issued a new government decree so not anymore, unless you have a dog. Even then, you can only for a brief moment and only around your house.

You can only leave your home to:
  • Go to work
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Visit your relatives (and only if they are seriously ill)
  • Going to a pharmacy and the hospital
Additionally, it is advisable to wear a mask if you are to go outside, although this isn't enforced.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
In Germany we have around 1800 infected with the Coronavirus, 3 confirmed deaths.

Every few days there's news of a case in some company. The company then has to take measures concerning the department or workplace the infected works at (or had contact with). Resulting in a lot of companies sending part of their employees home to remotley work from there.

BMW here in Munich already had at least one case. A big TV station had a case and sent around 200 employees home to work from there. Most of these cases are done as a precaution to guarantee having enough employees healthy to do their jobs. It could possibly happen every day that your workplace gets shut down if a case within the employees gets detected.

There are now football (soccer) games being held in empty stadiums. They call them ghost games.

Lots of events and concerts are cancelled. Mostly by the organizers. There is currently the recommendation to cancel every event with more than 1000 expected participants.

A lot of precautions at the moment.

The big wave hasn't hit us, yet. Everyday life is going kinda normal. I say kinda, because you definitely feel its impact. At least that's how it's here in the south of Germany.

It's pretty much the number one topic everywhere you go. A lot of people are stocking up on hand sanitizers, toilet paper, noodles, rice, tomato sauces, and other things, resulting in emptier supermarket shelves on some days (especially weekends). Haven't seen someone with a mask on so far, but there definitely are people wearing them here, too. Younger people are afraid to visit their grandparents or other older people in fear of maybe transmitting the virus.

A lot of people compare it to the influenza, in a comforting way ("influenza is way more deadly and nobody panics about that"), but as far as I read about it, it's not as simple as that. The Coronavirus has similarities with the influenza, but on the other hand we just don't know enough about it, yet.

As I said, a lot of precautions at the moment and more and more cases becoming known every day. Pretty strange feeling at the moment. Life is pretty normal, but still, everybody is more or less scared and unsure of what's about to come.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Something tells me that while other businesses are terrified of the financial and economic impact, survival companies have a big smile on their faces and that smile isn't going away for a while!
I’ve a client that sells office supplies. I’ll check with them this morning whether they’ve seen an uptick in orders for home office supplies and if we should increase ad budgets.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
We were, up to yesterday, but our PM Conte just issued a new government decree so not anymore, unless you have a dog. Even then, you can only for a brief moment and only around your house.

• Go to work
Additionally, it is advisable to wear a mask if you are to go outside, although this isn't enforced.

That's horrible. I understand the reasoning behind it but it's horrible.

This is gonna cause another baby boom lol

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

• Go to work

How are things at the supermarket when you do go?

They are running normally or there is some sort of system in place?

If you got time it would be great to see you post up some more advice since the situation in Italy is where most of us will probably be in a few weeks. Thanks.

.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 18, 2016
Belgium, Europe

that post explains why we must all take action to help slow down the spread of the virus

It includes the call for action (social distancing) that I want to help propagate.

I'm in prep mode ( so no time to read the forum since page 20 of the thread.)

And that includes spending countless hours trying to convince close friend and relatives about the urgency of the situation.

It's hard to convince people.
Especially when the Belgian government keesp acting like there is no need to do anything special.

In the meantime, they put other people at risk and me too

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

• Go to work

Very sorry to hear about your situation.

I believe we will all be in the same situation very very soon.

Alot of people will lose there lives.
Others will lose jobs, i am likely to get the boot id say.

My boss is in denial about this, he will likely lose his business. Either he is in denial or trying to get me to think everything is alright.

I hope he doesnt for both our sakes.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
It’s amazing how even different hospitals are taking it more seriously than others. The hospital here in Reno is doing a bang up job of pre-emptively planning. They are limiting family from visiting, and installed a tent outside the ER to presceen people before the ever enter so they know if any level of quarantine is needed.

it’s all about slowing the rate of spread.

what I’m hearing about the hospitals in SDL, doesn’t sound like they are taking nearly as serious precautions.41BA0C84-0623-437E-959F-8916A9542DA2.jpeg4998E722-BA77-4AA3-BE04-FCAAA7EDABA8.jpeg

VDP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 11, 2019
15 new cases in China, 6 of them are imported. They say that it has peaked there. In total: 80.000 people infected with more than 3000 deaths and more than 80% is recovered. They will start importing and exporting more again.

Very very good news.

I see no reason for this to be very far from the truth, at least the fact that it is going better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.