The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC The Worldwide Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

David Harrison

Dedo
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 27, 2018
London
I think the common ground would be that in both cases, millions of peoples lives are affected by decisions that a small group of people in a government are responsible for.

In both cases the government in power boils down to usually a small group of less than a hundred people that are responsible for the message, and direction that is sent to the population of millions. That is how horrific things like the holocaust happen. You believe a German citizen in Germany has a bloodlust and is any different than any other person in any other country at that time or since? Feed a rational person the message you want them to believe, for long enough, with enough "evidence" (factual or made up) and eventually that rational person will believe the only rational solution is the extreme one you provide.

This current situation puts a giant light on behavioral psychology of populations, and how it's moved. It's not a coincidence that countries are all reacting in similar ways. The way to get someone to agree and in this case comply with you is to provide them with enough evidence that leads them to believe that they are making the best/right choice on there own free will.
It's a shame people can't see similar "actions" compared to the past. If they did, and ignored the "narrative", things would make a lot more sense.
Folk in all ages think "yeah, that was then, this is now, it'll never happen", Tick tock...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
When you have constitutional rights to fall back on. I am NOT going to talk to police therby ultimately not complying with essential only transportation movement/curfews.

I also know the DA, so I’m not worried about what will ultimately happen to me. He probably won’t be charging people. If he did though, a good defense attorney would be at the ready. This is a case where the arrest itself will be illegal.

The last time I got pulled over, I was excited to see a body camera on the cop. They deescalate police tyranny pretty well. Under no circumstance should anyone be aggressive or rude to a cop. Just politely inform them of your right that you intend to utilize.
Remember when they slap those cuffs on you for walking alone in a huge park, that they just released over 3,000 felons from prison for the “public good”.

you’re the criminal, the prisoners aren’t, up is down, left is right.

how did they get this power? Happeners who at the beginning of this thread acted like the world was falling. People like @GIlman @loop101 who cave their civil liberties at the first push.

real Americans are always team nothingburger and refuse to budge for just a flu

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Remember when they slap those cuffs on you for walking alone in a huge park, that they just released over 3,000 felons from prison for the “public good”.

how did they get this power? Happeners who at the beginning of this thread acted like the world was falling. People like @GIlman @loop101 who cave their civil liberties at the first push.

Over and over you post stuff that I am flat out ready to love. And then you garnish it with a heap of bullshit. :rofl:

WillHurtDontCare

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
A quick reminder. We still have constitutional rights. You don’t have to talk to cops. If they ask you where you are going, you DO NOT HAVE TO, AND SHOULDN‘T ANSWER. It is none of their business.

Never talk to the police.

They flat out tell you "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

They aren't inherently bad people, but they don't have to be. They don't know you, and there's a limit to how much they actually care about your well being. Their job is to close cases.

Oh, and bureaucracy just has this tendency to cause additional dehumanizing and absurdity. Don't forget that.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Over and over you post stuff that I am flat out ready to love. And then you garnish it with a heap of bullshit. :rofl:
I am the truth teller.

What distinguishes a true American is always choosing liberty Over security. On a sliding scale, the media is the biggest security shill, then you have the people in this thread saying the sky is falling.

The farthest in the liberty scale, is the alpha male nothingburgers, who either absolutely refuse to accept “science” or “concerns”.

pick yours side

WillHurtDontCare

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I actually clicked LIKE on the post before I read the rest of it and had to unlike it. So close to being accurate and civil, and then so far...

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2014

Two things can be true at the same time.

1) This disease is serious, and causing lots of severe health problems, i and many people in health care are seeing this directly.

2) But equally true is that I very much disagree with a huge swath of what the government has and will do in response to this. Anyone who knows and had actually talked to me knows this.

My points have largely been to point out how and why this disease is not a nothing burger. When people make obvious errors in how they construe data I point it out.

I also point out where and how I expect people and politicians to react and laws I expect them to impose based on what I’m seeing happen around the world. It does not mean I advocate or universally support what governments are doing. I am often pointing out what and how human nature echos and response is predictable. I also have changed my opinion on some things, because government is terrible and can’t do anything that doesn’t get totally screwed up. If you listen to the discussion @Kak and I had you will see this. Link if you wish to actually listen.

The issues I have with many of your posts, well most of your posts, is the support you provide for your positions does not support, and often has refuted your position.

I love when people disagree with me, I love for them to show me using data or well reasoned logically coherent arguments why I’m wrong, and I WILL change my views and opinions when I am presented with these types of convincing arguments/data that is compelling. It’s dumb to hold onto a position once anyone knows it’s no longer well founded, and if you read my posts over time you will see shifts in my thinking about many things.

I guess that’s the thing about your arguments that I can’t buy into at all. Your thinking appears to be completely rigid, you made up your mind months ago and will recast the facts to fit your reality, or simply disregard inconvenient data instead of dealing with it and providing any wellreasoned rebuttal.

Actually I do find you a fascinating case study of someone living in a world ruled by complete and utter unwavering confirmation bias. I find your comment interesting though:

@Rivoli says “The farthest in the liberty scale, is the alpha male nothingburgers, who either absolutely refuse to accept “science” or “concerns”.”

Not sure the value of absolutely refusing to accept science, but I guess it highlights how you perceive the world and maintain all your positions religiously.

I prefer to think for myself, look at every piece of information and determine why it might be valid or invalid. Then try and learn and grow from information. I will hold firmly to any position that is reasonable to hold to. But I won’t ignore science or concerns just so I don’t have to chance my mind.

Last edited:

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2011
To me, tyranny is simply the resulting laws and enforcement of laws created by well intentioning people that used their own experiences, biases, professional advise, and flawed(or not flawed) thinking to craft a law. Its not like we have a single person that is dictating.

Its a bit difficult to respect any figures of authority anymore. There is just too much corruption. How do you differentiate between tyranny and legitimate safety precautions?

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
Photoshopped. I never said that.
According to the site, it appears you edited that post around the exact same time you posted this:

You realize you just accused someone on this forum of Photoshopping? That's a SERIOUS accusation.

Given that you're potentially hurting the reputation of a long-time forum member, I'd hope the Mods would go back and see whether she really photoshopped your post to make you look bad or whether you changed your post and lied to make her look bad.

Whomever is wrong should be called out.

AND IF IT WERE MY FORUM, I'D BAN SOMEONE FOR LYING TO TRY TO DESTROY ANOTHER MEMBER'S REPUTATION.

Last edited:

Nakhul

New Contributor
Mar 4, 2016
New York City
Doctors in NY are now assuming that everyone has already come into contact with someone that is positive or they are already positive. This is now scarier than I initially thought.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Kak

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
According to the site, it appears you edited that post around the exact same time you posted this:

You realize you just accused someone on this forum of Photoshopping? That's a SERIOUS accusation.

Given that you're potentially hurting the reputation of a long-time forum member, I'd hope the Mods would go back and see whether she really photoshopped your post to make you look bad or whether you changed your post and lied to make her look bad.

Whomever is wrong should be called out.

AND IF IT WERE MY FORUM, I'D BAN SOMEONE FOR LYING TO TRY TO DESTROY ANOTHER MEMBER'S REPUTATION.
I think the punishment should be worse. If someone is trying to make a joke, they should be executed.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Photoshopped. I never said that.
Now now, @Rivoli. There's no need to be a bad sport. Although I had to crop and enlarge portions of your post so it would fit, you and I both know that I did NOT edit your post. C'mon now, own up to what you said. You're quite eager to ridicule people like @Gillman for his posts. Surely you can take some good-natured ribbing yourself, right? (Original unformatted screen capture attached.)
FastlaneForum-RivoliScreenCap-2020March12-GuysItsOver.jpg
*Chickenhawk pauses to consider what other screen-captures she's compiled during the past few weeks and smiles in anticipation.*

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Did you tell the truth when you accused Chickenhawk of Photoshopping your post?

Just curious: Do you think I member should be banned if proven that they lied and slandered another member?
No, I think anyone making jokes should actually be guillotined.

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Now now, @Rivoli. There's no need to be a bad sport. Although I had to crop and enlarge portions of your post so it would fit, you and I both know that I did NOT edit your post. C'mon now, own up to what you said. You're quite eager to ridicule people like @Gillman for his posts. Surely you can take some good-natured ribbing yourself, right? (Original unformatted screen capture attached.)
View attachment 32029
*Chickenhawk pauses to consider what other screen-captures she's compiled during the past few weeks and smiles in anticipation.*
Lol if its not completely obvious, no I don’t think you photoshopped my post lol. I thought your graph was funny and was trying to go overboard in a funny way.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
Sigh, the life of a troll.

I was one when I was a teenager, usually the person doesn't have much going on in their life(from personal) experience. A sad sight to see *shakes head*
If I made one person chuckle, I made my day

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Lol if its not completely obvious, no I don’t think you photoshopped my post lol. I thought your graph was funny and was trying to go overboard in a funny way.
This does beg the question, though, if you weren't trying to accuse me of lying, why did you modify your March 12 post?

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
You lied to protect yourself, and in the process risked hurting the reputation of a long-time member on this forum.

You only admitted it when you were caught.

Again, not my forum, but if it were, you'd be gone. And that's not a joke.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2018
This does beg the question, though, if you weren't trying to accuse me of lying, why did you modify your March 12 post?
Because it was funny. Originally I was going to edit it to “NOTHING TO SEE HERE” but settled on NOTHINGBURGER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I have zero coding skills whatsoever. Are coding skills needed? Will the be learned in the...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock