• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your income—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

The Well Defined Man | Authentic Attraction

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by AndrewNC, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MitchM

MitchM Act. Then Adapt. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,342
    There is a youtube channel called "Sorting Myself Out." It is about a guy trying to take Jordan Peterson's advice and implement it within his own life. He isn't successful, but he is trying to get there.

If you really want to pursue the success with women route, I recommend that you take some notes from this guy's channel. Put yourself out there and don't be afraid to admit that you aren't too good with women. I can tell 100 percent from what you have communicated that you aren't exactly a role model in this area. In fact - you are teaching guys what not to do in many of your posts.

I wish you success, so let me say something from my point of view. From looking at your site it seems that you give a ton of advice without ever really being an expert (I mean, who can be an expert on that many things?). There are way too many things that you offer to help people with.

Actually become an expert - it will take longer but the pay off will be much greater. That way you can really help people.

Ross Morgan, Envision, ZF Lee and 4 others like this.
  2. The EL Maven

The EL Maven No longer life's passenger Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $382
    I'm new around here. Don't know you from anyone. I did see a bunch of highly esteemed people trying to talk sense into you, yet from what I can tell the big complaint is that you're a sidewalker offering coaching services. The criticism seems self-explanatory to me.

Seriously though, I don't need to read much of your writing once I see a sentence like this. This is the most f'd up mindset I've read in years. Please, for the love of God, do not go around giving men advice on how to succeed with women. Or, if you do, at least wait several years after you've really understood the customer. This is the most massive disconnect I've ever seen.

From my vantage, you're selling elixir and giving poison. You will destroy people doing that. Please work on yourself first, and everyone will win in the end.

3. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,421
    That isn't his point - his point is you should be documenting regardless as it is a positive ROI no loss (practically speaking) endeavour.

4. PureA

Rep Bank:
    $6,421
    and @ @AndrewNC, imagine if you put all this energy towards something that provided more value.

The raw ingredients are there brother, don't get down, just be self aware enough to navigate your actions and vision more effectively.

We've all heard the stories of "He acted in spite of all of the feedback and won against the odds..." It's romantic, but sometimes it is time to listen - especially when you are getting such constructive feedback from guys that have the accolades.

5. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,550
    Oh, damn... :wideyed:

:rofl:

Ross Morgan and ZF Lee like this.
  6. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,550
  7. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,335
    Tags are rough on this one...

8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $269,620
    Admin Post
    Just an FYI, I have nothing to do with that, but I'm pretty confident in my suspicions.

Raoul Duke, Kak, Ross Morgan and 9 others like this.
  9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,338
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read the tags.

Since when tags became trolls as opposed to being labels?:arghh:

Almantas, masterneme and Azure like this.
  10. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $2,973
    I made the mistake of reading this thread, and I gotta say, it's the same reason I ignore the many internet dumpsters full of dating advice. I'm not coming down on anyone. I'm no Casanova. I'm just an ugly poor guy. Here's my take: FOCUS ON OTHER PEOPLE. If you make your life about doing things for other people and chill out with the pickup and dating nonsense, you'd be shocked at the kind of people you attract, male and female. I posted basically this same thing in a marriage thread and it went dead after that. I hope the same thing happens here.

Also, being a surly bastard that is 10 yards past giving a rats ass about what spectators think goes a long way.

Like I said in the other thread: It's a shame there's no other part of this forum where we approach problems by thinking about how we can meet other people's needs.

11. GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,643
    FFS this made my eyes bleed.

Summary....

DO NOT EVER TRY TO SELL THEORY.

SELL EXPERIENCE.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Raoul Duke, Supa, GPM and 26 others like this.
  12. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,692
    Rep+

Ross Morgan, ZF Lee and GlobalWealth like this.
  13. AndrewNC

AndrewNC Limitless Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $64,251
    I decided to take some time away from this, take the advice of the greats and continue to move forward with my original vision...

"If you're not being criticized, you're probably not doing anything exceptional."

-Neil Strauss

"People write something about me on the Internet and compare me to awful human beings, tell me that I'm a con artist and a horrible person, which is one of the most difficult things a noble person can deal with But they don't penetrate mat at all, because I'm so used to it."
    -Gary Vaynerchuk

Two major business lessons learned throughout this experience:

First off, I think the persistence, confidence, and determination on this should serve as a model that a lot of people on here could incorporate into their business. I have never been more motivated, on point, focused, and confident with the future success of what I'm working on with this business today...

Something a lot of people lack when they are starting a business up for themselves.

In fact, the more people resist it - the stronger my confidence in myself and my abilities gets. After reading back on the criticism on this thread, I doubled down gathering my testimonials from my long-term clients of where they are years later (from my other brand), as well as my own personal transformations that have happened with myself in this area of my life.

And I attribute this unbreakable confidence to....an unbreakable vision.

Milestone #1. Have a Vision so strong that nothing can stop you.
    • How many times do your friends, family, peers, or whoever tell you that you're crazy for wanting to pursue business endeavors.
    • How many people on this forum jump from one money-making 'opportunity' to another when they face a little bit of criticism, failure, or don't have success right away?
    When I talk to some people on here, their prime concern with starting a business is "How quickly can I make money so I can quit my job?"

When I speak to Jess about what we are setting out to accomplish with this product and this brand, I straight up told her that we shouldn't expect to make any sizable consistent sales for at least 6 months. And she was excited for that. Because we are here set out to make a difference in the world, and that is our #1 goal for this.

Back to advice from Neil and Gary...

According to them (one of them being the exact person I'm modeling my writing style after), just the fact that this is being criticized means I am on the right track to keep pushing forward with this business (@Milkanic - I'll let you be the proof reader and find out what book those quotes are from).

But they are only two people sharing their words of wisdom with me on this, so on my time away, I decided to consult with Chris.

Chris is a visionary who is the co-founder of one of the largest social justice movements that is legitimately changing the world. Similar to how MLK and Rosa parks were leaders in the civil rights movement. He knows a thing or two about creating a massive vision of the future, and making sizable progress towards it despite any obstacles he might face. He's been doing this for over a decade now, and no matter what he faced on his journey - his Vision is so strong and unbreakable, that nothing will stop him from accomplishing it.

He also inspired others to jump on board with his movement, and many of them have faced jail time and other personal sacrifices to make this dream a reality.

He said to me, "You need a vision of what the world will be like when you are done with your work. While your goals, strategies, and tactics are subject to change; your vision is timeless and will forever remain the same."

My vision is unbreakable and nothing, not even the fear of death itself will get in the way of making it possible. No matter how many people tell me not to do this, including people here; that would do injustice to what my vision is for this world - so I'm sticking with the vision.

So for that reason, I will continue to press on with this...

I think this is a lesson I once lacked before I built my first business - never leading to working on something long enough to see a noticeable return.

So the vision is there.

Milestone #2. Navigating through Barriers to Entry

Also, another thing that came up during the past week was the concept of Barriers to Entry.

I spoke with a guy who was on the verge of starting a company in the relationship improvement niche as well. Someone who has been involved in the industry as a consumer since 2010 and even started his own business. Someone I look up to for someone with more experience in this field, and even he said he was anticipating responses and criticisms like in this thread.

industry-wdm.png

He backed out of the business before it took off.

Most people can't handle criticism and pressure of putting themselves out there. In his case, he moved on to starting another business that is doing pretty well so far - and he is happy with that. Knowing him, he is confident enough where he could have pressed forward, but most other guys would give up and never stick it through this barrier to entry in this industry.

But whereas most people crumble under pressure and give up when facing this much heat - I developed the abilities to get to the point where it no longer phases me.

Spent about 4 hours with this girl doing the 'weird tapping' and NLP stuff that people usually laugh about on this forum. And it got me to the point where facing criticism and controversy no longer phases me at all, physically, mentally, emotionally. Also, years ago I spoke with the founder & CEO of one of the largest men's personal development companies in the world and he provided insights on the topic.

So now I reached the point where I am on my purpose, nothing will stop me from making this business a success, and I can 100% handle any criticism and pressure that comes my way, to enjoy the process of building this business as it grows.
    1. Having a vision that keeps your blinders on, away from the distractions, and
    2. Navigating past barriers to entry where most people give up.
    Two important things for growing any larger business.

-The Well Defined Man is on His Purpose

Updates this past week while logged off from the forum:
    • Also targeting women now (based on the advice of Jess),
    • Website, email marketing, free course, blog, about page, and all of that setup.
    • Got published as a guest-author on a men's relationship blog (female dating coach who has a mid-sized following and is going to grow in the future). Plan on sending off weekly guest blog posts to her on that.
    • Wrote a rough draft of an article on a controversial topic - and will plan on spreading that out into the pickup artist and feminist crowds on social media to try to bridge the gap between male and female psychology - so people can see eye to eye instead of arguing back and forth.
    • Also, had a really great conversation with the product development leader of a large company who gave me great advice on how I should go about developing the product. Already made some significant improvements with the direction things are going based on his feedback. That will be a post for another day.
    Logging off the forum for at least a few more days, and getting back to work...

14. PedroG

PedroG (Formerly PeterCastle) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,658
    Andrew, do you think there is a difference between being persistent and ignoring haters, and being stubborn and refusing to take advice?

What I see is someone refusing to listen to anyone and justifying his behavior by claiming he's awesome for ignoring criticisms.

It's like every time someone tries to give you advice, you use that to motivate yourself even more because it makes you feel like you're so great for handling all the criticism.

Have you ever thought about this? I'm seriously asking.

It's almost as if you love this sh*t. You do things on purpose so people criticize you. THAT is really what you are doing here isn't it?

You are using everyone's criticisms to make yourself feel important.

As someone into NLP, are you self aware enough to admit this to yourself?

This is dangerous man, because you can't even tell the difference between criticism from haters, and real advice. How do you expect to be successful?

JordanK, SYK, masterneme and 19 others like this.
  15. Bhanu

Bhanu Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $121
    M J request you to kindly lock this thread . Such a colossal waste of time already.
    You can't wake up a person who is pretending to be asleep.

16. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,118
    some-call-it-stalking-i-call-it-love-stalking-meme.png

17. WJS

WJS Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $260
  18. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative 'Pre-Revenue' Unicorn Hunter Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,118
    You're f'n kidding, right?

What happened to your goodbye proclamation?
    7 Years on this forum - The Fastlane Journey through Life - Final Post

90% of the forum already went Scorched Earth.
    Next time, "logging off for a while" better mean AT LEAST 3 Months while you get your sh*t together.

+1 Lock this thread. @MJ DeMarco

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018 at 11:56 AM
  19. Longinus

Longinus Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,713
  20. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $56,395
    JGYSRXf.gif

21. PureA

Rep Bank:
    $6,421
    Andrew,

The "He defied all the odds, they said he couldn't do it, but he persisted and changed the WORLD" is a lot more relevant when the naysayers are your family, friends, and co-workers (people that haven't achieved in their own life and seeing someone else prosper is painful for them).

However, at TFLF, the 'grade' of opinion is a whole lot higher. For the most part here we are all in this game together, we love it, and we want to see each other succeed. The forum is literally based on sharing, helping others and consequently helping yourself become a better person and businessman.

You are delusional at this point.

JordanK, SYK, craig1928 and 26 others like this.
  22. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,335
    [​IMG]

JordanK, AgainstAllOdds, GSF and 2 others like this.
  23. craig1928

craig1928 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,267
    [​IMG]

24. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative 'Pre-Revenue' Unicorn Hunter Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,118
  25. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $70,494
    Since xenforo won't/can't create an "ignore thread" function, would the mods please lock this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.