Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
- Oct 21, 2017
But back to the topic at hand, yea there are some really bizarre Conspiracy theories surrounding this stuff. The British Psychological Association had a really good article about it.
For example, the myth that COVID-19 is less dangerous than the seasonal flu was deployed by US president Donald Trump as justification for delaying mitigation policies.
The recent downgrading of COVID-19 death projections, which reveal the success of social-distancing policies, has been falsely used to justify premature relaxing of social distancing measures. This is the logical equivalent of throwing away your umbrella in a rainstorm because it’s kept you dry until then.
The new conspiracy theory that blames COVID-19 on the 5G broadband system is one of the most bizarre pieces of misinformation.
Some to the more Bizarre ones:
- 5G causes COVID-19 (or weakens the immune system allowing COVID to flourish)
- The virus is a bioweapon
- After mitigation efforts reduced the death toll a few people thought this was due to "epidemiologists were wrong"
- The US military released COVID into China
- A number of really bizarre ones surrounding Bill GatesConspiracy theories and misinformation about coronavirus damage society in a number of ways.theconversation.comAs the COVID-19 crisis worsens, the world also faces a global misinformation pandemic. Conspiracy theories that behave like viruses themselves are spreading just as rapidly online as SARS-CoV-2 does offline. Here are the top 10 conspiracy theories making the rounds. Blaming 5G This conspiracy...allianceforscience.cornell.edu
Weird Al wrote a really good song about this:
Cris with all due respect,
1) How do them demonstrate that social distancing was successful in a scientific way ? Correlation doesn't mean causation...
2) Epidemiologist were wrong even in the social distancing models...
3) When do we get a "suicides caused by economic colapse " model ?
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.