The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Value Pyramid - A Hierarchy of Consumer Values

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Hey everyone.

I've been down this path for over two years now and I still struggle sometimes when it comes to focusing on value. This morning I decided to do something about it and did a deep dive. I started with Unscripted and used the index to find the mentions of value. The content in that book is great. Props to MJ for having such a "no bullshit" way of explaining things.

It wasn't as easy to find 100% relevant info online until I found this article from Harvard Business Review back in 2016. It's called The 30 Elements of Consumer Value: A Hierarchy. It's probably worth the read if you're interested in this stuff.

I printed out the image from the article and put it on my wall behind my computer screen. Next, I looked at the content I was writing for my website and made an outline of the value being provided, not only by the content itself, but about the service the content is about.

This was definitely a good idea. I am much more clear about what the hell I'm even doing here, which I can't always say!

It got me thinking though, are there more categories that are missing from this list? Or, can we get more specific or accurate?

Of all the places I know I think TFF has the highest concentration of value-focused people. So, what do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Hey everyone.

I've been down this path for over two years now and I still struggle sometimes when it comes to focusing on value. This morning I decided to do something about it and did a deep dive. I started with Unscripted and used the index to find the mentions of value. The content in that book is great. Props to MJ for having such a "no bullshit" way of explaining things.

It wasn't as easy to find 100% relevant info online until I found this article from Harvard Business Review back in 2016. It's called The 30 Elements of Consumer Value: A Hierarchy. It's probably worth the read if you're interested in this stuff.

I printed out the image from the article and put it on my wall behind my computer screen. Next, I looked at the content I was writing for my website and made an outline of the value being provided, not only by the content itself, but about the service the content is about.

This was definitely a good idea. I am much more clear about what the hell I'm even doing here, which I can't always say!

It got me thinking though, are there more categories that are missing from this list? Or, can we get more specific or accurate?

Of all the places I know I think TFF has the highest concentration of value-focused people. So, what do you think?

View attachment 27361
I don't know if there are more (That's alot), but it made me think their may be hybrid values. Seth Godin had a thing on the axis of multiple values needed by a market segment. Like a gradient of complimentary needs.20190911_163531.png

Edit: stealing that value pyramid picture btw. Thank you!

Last edited:

Cyberdeth

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I don't know if there are more (That's alot), but it made me think their may be hybrid values. Seth Godin had a thing on the axis of multiple values needed by a market segment. Like a gradient of complimentary needs.View attachment 27362

Edit: stealing that value pyramid picture btw. Thank you!

I'm actually just in the process of reading Seth's book. I feel the two images compliment each other. Thanks for sharing the pyramid @GoodluckChuck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.