The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The truth

Anything related to matters of the mind

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
If you are stuck remember the following. This is a quote from chapter 23 from Positioning by Al Reis and Jack Trout. A gREAT read.

"Anything worthwhile doing is worthwhile doing lousy. If it wasn’t worthwhile doing, you shouldn’t have done it at all.

On the other hand, if it is worthwhile doing and you wait until you can do it perfectly, if you procrastinate, you run the risk of not doing it. Ever."

Stop being a wantrepeneur today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you are stuck remember the following. This is a quote from chapter 23 from Positioning by Al Reis and Jack Trout. A gREAT read.

"Anything worthwhile doing is worthwhile doing lousy. If it wasn’t worthwhile doing, you shouldn’t have done it at all.

On the other hand, if it is worthwhile doing and you wait until you can do it perfectly, if you procrastinate, you run the risk of not doing it. Ever."

Stop being a wantrepeneur today.

Nice.

Procrastination and Perfectionism are two sides of the same coin.

One delays starting, the other delays finishing.

Both avoid shipping.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I disagree, I think its short sighted to just rush out product and assumes that you are incapable of action.
Don't believe that cr#p, know you will act on time, and deliver exactly when you intend to. Once you know that, there is no point pushing, prodding or being otherwise annoye because it just slows the process.

I think you should take time, BUT on very simple things, this way you can be sure you develop rather than get tangled in ego.

I'm developing stationary.
For all you know, I'm making a pencil.
How much EGO do I have in creating that pencil?
How many times can I scrap the design and start again?

Its just carbon and wood. Its proven, and it works.

Now conversely, if I'm making a propeller hat that drives a fan on your face and hard boils an egg, I'm sure I'll have to reiterate and reiterate and fail, until I remove the propeller and egg cooker and focus on creating a good hat.

Simplify, and design it well, and deliver it on schedule.
There is an art of humility in the CHOICE of your business.

There are exceptions to this rule though, such as when you have a new invention.
BUT your goal should not be to force feed it to the masses but AGAIN simplify it. Remove any excessive or unnecessary pieces and clarify its purpose. Then when there is customer demand, deliver it on cue.

Messy? Hell no... Complete your SIMPLE task.
If its not simple, MAKE it simple (yes it will take time, some experimentation, but you don't choke your market on messy product and a poorly executed vision)

Bam! Knock down one thing at a time. Like a great novel, you don't get to know the character at once, you get to know them a page at a time.
BUT IT IS NEVER rambling diatribe.

:tiphat:

tl;dr

Knock down one thing at a time, keep your product simple and unfettered by complications.

Businesses like a great novel happen page by page, you don't get to know the character at once, you get to know them as each simple sentence completes.

But development of a story and character should never be a rambling diatribe.

If your business needs constant reiteration try to get simple and back to basics.
Babbling on is no use to anybody.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.