The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Straight-Shooting NO BS Truth on How to Make A Fortune

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
Good Stuff !!!

If I can be truthful , I have a degree in Marketing and the "balls" part is actually

going with the "anti-guru" trend for selling books :) Its clever!

and Apple products are the case study example, for a good marketing and brand selling.

people buy apple because of the marketing so much that it had been made studys in neuromarketing that shows that people associate the apple icon in apple products as is to religion. Its based on the tribe mentaly etc...

so marketing in Apple is the key.

For the demand part I think is Gold, and the selfishness of the market. I love the ideas on the book and think is a true classic.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
people buy apple because of the marketing

Hmmm, I didn't buy Apple because of marketing. I bought Apple because I like productivity. And after using one for 4 years I can't imagine going back to PC. I'm loyal because of what APPLE has done to my efficiency, not because their marketing is convincing. No marketing campaign in the world would ever make me go back to PC ... so what is more important ... MARKETING or PRODUCT?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
I like the new book cover.

The standard font and the square boxes / yes and no circles do not really fit into the rest of the picture... Things like that have a lot of potential of going viral.

Autonomust

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 27, 2011
Northeast PA
Nice. I'm feeling that new cover too. Truth hurts, but this formula will make a positive impact on somebody and guide them to the fastlane.

Respect.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Quit selling books... Start selling posters!

dubaismartmoney

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 28, 2011
My view about apple is based on scientific facts and business case studies as a mentioned

so what is more important ... MARKETING or PRODUCT?

I dont know, lets ask McDonald's or Coke a cola , or tons of major companys:

Can anyone in this forum make a better product than McDonald's??? I bet you can.

On the other hand, can anyone make a better biz system than McDonald's ???

A different total story! do you really think the billions spend every year in marketing by top companies like MC or Coke are for nothing???

So, my position is, you need to have a good product but thats only a part of the equation.

Now going again for the case of apple, they build loyalty with strong branding , for example the keyboard is diffrent , the OS, design, etc. They sell you a tribe , and yes windows sucks.... loool so they as MJ teach us, capitalize on the competion weakness. But dont forget that apple was in bankruptcy just a few years ago... do you remember they firing Steve Jobs because he was very dificult to deal with...

In conclusion we have alot to learn with Apple they are in fact one of my fav examples about smart marketing, speciality branding , a great company in fact!

for the product I wont spent 600 bucks in a phone that I can get for 300 with better specs in some cases... :)

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
You don't own an apple computer do you? If you did, you'd know that people that buy Apple products aren't buying because they want to be in a "tribe" or be a part of the Apple "brand" or whatever you want to call it. They buy because Apple has a reputation for building a quality product that works 10 times better without the headaches. Similarly to how more and more people are buying Toyota cars and trucks, they're just more dependable.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
McD is a franchise, so their product is their business system.

But without marketing you won't sell anything. With marketing you can even sell worthless stuff.

For a truly successful business you will need a good product and good marketing. Apple would not have succeeded without both of them.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
You don't own an apple computer do you? If you did, you'd know that people that buy Apple products aren't buying because they want to be in a "tribe" or be a part of the Apple "brand" or whatever you want to call it. They buy because Apple has a reputation for building a quality product that works 10 times better without the headaches. Similarly to how more and more people are buying Toyota cars and trucks, they're just more dependable.

I agree on the computer side. But Iphone/Ipad attracts different customers. Think of all the kids raging because their parents didn't buy them an Iphone... (experienced it first hand...)

EdmundDantes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 9, 2011
MJ,

First off I love the new cover design. Second, thank you again for bringing basic economics back into the paradigm of success literature. It's 100% true that nobody will ever continuously buy something unless they get some sort of tangible or intangible value in return, plain and simple.

Demand = Market Value
Passion = Personal Value

If you can marry your personal passion to demand in the marketplace then you will have success, otherwise you are chasing ponies in the sky.

Keep up the great work MJ and thank you for cutting through the bull and telling it like it is.

GDevDir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 9, 2011
UK
liking the new cover!

if its one thing that put me off buying the book, it was the cover (glad i just went and got it!)
should help boost your sales for such a minor change!

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just wanted to say I'm really digging the new book cover, MJ. It looks much more professional than the previous cover. Love the poster as well. Will be sharing this.

winch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 6, 2011
Perusing the older video posts, the popup window that asks for an email address comes up on EVERY page. Is this by design because it slows the browsing experience wayyy down.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Perusing the older video posts, the popup window that asks for an email address comes up on EVERY page. Is this by design because it slows the browsing experience wayyy down.

The pop up only should appear ONCE every 30 days. If it pops on every instance/page request, your browser is not allowing the cookie to be set which tells it to stop. If it doesn't find the cookie, it thinks you are a 1st time visitor or haven't visited > 30.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
new book design, looks good!

few things about the poster.. 1- the font is not really nice IMO, especially the one in the aqua boxes and the font below the left column headings.

Also, I don't really like the Apple sentence, I feel there is no need to relate to Apple or Facebook in order to sell your book. It seems that every single book about money has to say something baout apple or facebook and IMO it's not necessary, plus your beleifs about Apple are not shared by everyone. Me for one thinks a LOT of people buy iPhones instead of let's say a samsung galaxy just because of the branding, not because one product is superior.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.