The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

THE Secret Lifehack from the 2015 Meetup...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
The person that got off of the airplane yesterday is not the same one that got on a plane to Phoenix 3 days before.

My entire belief system has changed.

I was lucky enough to get a ride from the airport from a Fastlane action hero ;)

One of the first questions he asked me was, "What do you want to get from coming to this?"

I didn't have to think about the answer, I knew before I had left home; I was here to see that there were real flesh and blood human beings that were living the life I am striving to live. I wanted to realize that without a doubt what I want and who I want to be are real as real as I am.

I did.

But, I realized something even bigger than that.

My biggest take away from the meetup was that I can't do this.

The person I am, the person writing this, is not a person that is capable of achieving my true potential - the person that can fulfill my true purpose. The person you are is never going to be the person you want to be if your heart and head are really right with entrepreneurship.

Only the person you are willing to become will be able to achieve what you want to achieve now.

Who you are and what you have right now is exactly what the you that you are now is capable of producing.

The idea of realizing the reality of process means that you understand that this journey is really the pursuit of total mastery, which is something you will never actually achieve. Something that never ends. Something you commit to do until you are dead.

No matter how good you get, you can always be better.

But even more than that, I realized that it has been my own limitations, my own limited perspective, that have been keeping me from realizing that all along.

You cant expect a damn thing in your life to change if you are not willing to change your damn life.

If you want to radically change the life you are living, you'd better be ready to radically change the way you are living your life.

The true power of the meetup isn't in the priceless knowledge that you get from the presentations (and they are priceless!). It isn't even from the life-changing interaction that you will not find anywhere else. It isn't even the bullet-proof coffee that may or may not result in a condition known as "disaster pants".

The true power of the meetup is found in the fact that you are unable to remain the same person that you were before coming.

I don't believe it is possible.

I will see you all in 2016.

*Oh yeah, sorry - there is no "lifehack". That was a joke for those that attended the meetup ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Great post. I had the same realization from my first BP- that "I need to take steps I never thought of to get to the levels I've never been at." Don't let the normal life back home you're used to suck you back in. As you keep changing, people you hang out with and things you spend time on will change and that's normal - that's where you chose your journey's path. Like JEdwards once said - "a big mistake I made was hanging out w people who didn't have money when I finally got some and spending it on them - instead I should have gotten friends who DO have their own money sooner."

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I'll tell you one thing, being around people with this same mindset for a few days is like crack.

I'm seriously going through withdrawals...

This BS I have been telling myself is good enough suddenly hurts a lot more today.

CobraSEO

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 28, 2014
It seems like such a simple concept but is something I never consciously realized until you said it. Thank you

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Great post man.
I'll tell you one thing, being around people with this same mindset for a few days is like crack.

I'm seriously going through withdrawals...

This BS I have been telling myself is good enough suddenly hurts a lot more today.
Yuuuuup!

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Great post man.

Yuuuuup!
I miss you man - I was just thinking about you!
Wish we could have talked more at the meetup.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Nice try, but we all know what the "lifehack" was.

hqdefault.jpg

redsfaithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Jul 2, 2014
Bexley, OH
Like JEdwards once said - "a big mistake I made was hanging out w people who didn't have money when I finally got some and spending it on them - instead I should have gotten friends who DO have their own money sooner."

I spend money, at times, on old friends. I enjoy it. I think this kind of thinking is morally bankrupt, to be honest.

If someone needs so much external motivation that they think they're hurting themselves by hanging around non-entrepreneurs / the non-wealthy then god help them.

Note, I'm not saying hanging around the successful isn't helpful, of course it is. But give me a break on thinking you need to drop friends because you figured out how to make money.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
It's 3pm, your toilet awaits as does the success of Warren Buffet. ;)
I found out that I drive the same make/model vehicle as @MJ DeMarco. That means I'm half-way to success! MJ, what time do you normally use the toilet in the morning?

@pickeringmt, that's a fantastic analysis. Rep+.

I wanted to realize that without a doubt what I want and who I want to be are real as real as I am.
This is what I was thinking on the way home. And it was @Eskil's presentation that really drove it home. I mean, I've read the progress threads of those who have succeeded, but being there and hearing/seeing it in person made it seem so much more real and within reach.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Great takeway @pickeringmt Reading your post I could tell @Eskil's presentation impacted you. It's amazing seeing such a humble guy go, "oh, yeah, and so I did all this and made this and...well it's going good."

Note, I'm not saying hanging around the successful isn't helpful, of course it is. But give me a break on thinking you need to drop friends because you figured out how to make money.
Toxic people will make your life hard. People who whine and bitch about their job, their life, and such will bring no value to your life. Eventually you just drift apart.

Life is about value, valuable people will never cease to be friends. I just met 70 people who are very valuable, regardless of their current progress.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just met 70 people who are very valuable, regardless of their current progress.
Hell yes - It is all about trajectory, not the point you are at.

It was powerful to experience so many people with the same trajectory

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.