The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The road of reinventing myself

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
Hello. My name is Stefan and this thread will be my journal to Entrepreneurship.

A few words about me:
  • All my life I didn't give a shit about doing things, knowing that a job is waiting for me. Because of this mindset, I lack skills.
  • I have a 8-16 job in which I action faking how often I can. I earn ~800$, but where I live this is called medium lifestyle.
  • I tried in 2017 Amazon FBA after I paid for a course 1.5k. Failed after 6 months, and I closed the "business".
  • I have a wife that supports me and a baby on the road :).
  • I can't find my place in any job, and I can't speak about my dreams with anybody except my wife (most people look wired at me when I say that I don't plan to stay long at this job). In my city, if you earn like 500$, you have a nice job and you should do anything to keep it. Anything, like a$$-licking your boss and not speak what you think because it might get him upset and get fired. I can not do that, I do not want my life to be like that.
  • I jump from one idea to another, especially when things get hard.
I am constantly having a battle with myself, and I do not get anything done.
So, by creating this thread, I want to be accountable and to see the progress I make. I will update it weekly, and I will not stop until I get where I want.

At this moment, I do not know exactly what to do, but I will not wait for the idea to come to me anymore. I have been waiting for 3 years and after I read TMF and Unscripted I realized that 5 years later, I will be in the same spot if I do not do something. Although I know this stuff, I have problems in getting things done.

For example, every day I repeat the same cycle: I plan to wake up at 5:00 and work before my job, cause I noticed that I come home tired and also I want to spend time with my wife. But in the evening, thoughts are coming to me that it is already too late, and I can not wake up at 5:00 cause I will not get enough sleep. Some days, even though I have those thoughts, I put an alarm at 5:00 and in the night I wake up and after I watch the clock and it is like 3:00 in the morning, my brain says "you only have 2 hours to sleep and you feel tired" so I stop it. And every morning after I get to the job I say "Tomorrow I will wake up at 5:00, I will work at my dream" But in the evening is the same, same thoughts. This is one of my battles with myself. I am sabotaging myself every single day. I do not know yet how to break this pattern.

Regarding business ideea, I am looking at finding a product to get it from China which resolves a problem. And I want to have an online store, to sell in my country first, to get some capital, and expand later. I do not have a company yet, cause I want to find the product first.

So my plan is this:
  • It is a site in our country where people put products (second ones, new ones) and it cost nothing to put it there. I plan to put products there, and see if people call me. If they call me, I will order the product and make an online store. I plan to read all the posts that Walter did about importing/exporting and also buy his book. Also, I want to learn how to make fb ads, to test also the idea of the product, without having it in my hands.
  • For my battle with waking up at 5:00 in the morning, I took the app Alarmy and put the photo alarm which means that I have to get up and go to the bathroom and take a photo in order to stop. (Every day I am dreaming about freedom and entrepreneurship, except in the morning. Even though I have a lot of reasons why I should take action, in the morning I feel that it is not that important, LOL)
  • Started BJJ and I love it. I plan to learn and stick to this art for a long time.
  • I do not plan to leave my job until my business produces income. I want to not have the stress of money, especially that the baby is coming.
This post took me about 2 days to create. I am so glad that I found this forum. Every day I plan to read the gold threads and push myself in order to rewrite my subconscious programs that are sabotaging me.
I tried the trello app to put my ideas there (read the laser focus thread), but I didn't use it for days. I will try to actually use a pen and a journal for my ideas and steps.

So, here it begins. Thank you for taking the time to read this long post. For me, it was a liberation to put my thoughts here and to reflect at my current lifestyle, knowing that through my actions I arrived in this spot.

Stefan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
So, here it begins.
NO. You started your journey a long time ago when you decided to change your financial life. You are currently working on your goal. Congratz :)
Believe in yourself.
All the best for your journey.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!