The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Real Estate Game

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Poorvu writes a great overview of brilliant real estate transactions that have taken place. The book is loaded with actual examples from people that had vision and were willing to take risks.

As he was more of a teacher than an investor, his perspective is unique. His back of the envelope (BOE) method of quick evaluation is something that should be useful to most investors.

He relates the RE game to game that he made up in order to give perspective.

My Rating: 4 stars

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 1, 2008
Poorvu writes a great overview of brilliant real estate transactions that have taken place. The book is loaded with actual examples from people that had vision and were willing to take risks.

As he was more of a teacher than an investor, his perspective is unique. His back of the envelope (BOE) method of quick evaluation is something that should be useful to most investors.

He relates the RE game to game that he made up in order to give perspective.

My Rating: 4 stars
In other words, how do you go from nothing into generating cash month after month without having to buy property or becoming somebody's landlord?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
When I first read this book, the concepts where very foreign to me. His book is not a newbie book, its certainly on the advanced level. I look forward to reading it again soon. Hopefully this time I can understand more.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
I read this book when I first started in real estate development. Made no sense to me.

I re-read the book about 3 months ago (after 4 years in the industry) and realized what a great book it is.

Well worth the read, but yes, not for newbies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I read this book when I first started in real estate development. Made no sense to me.

I re-read the book about 3 months ago (after 4 years in the industry) and realized what a great book it is.

Well worth the read, but yes, not for newbies.

You know what?

I have that book, and I thought the same thing.

I started reading it, then set it to one side.

Guess I'll have to pick it back up and try again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.