The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

The rat race has opened my eyes with how blind I was to reality

Yato_god

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 14, 2024
To sum up, I am 24, in the middle of moving apartments that I painfully regret. a recent breakup, a family with values that doesnt resonate with me, and a career that for the last 2 years have been stagnant with a close call to being made redundant.
My family are religious. Super religious. I have grown to the ideology that this religion is my core belief. But I always knew it wasnt. I have continuously said that for a long time but I wanted to keep my mum happy, the one that I deeply care for, although this had changed when I started working at 18. This had completely altered and ruined my view of the "working life" or the sidewalk as I understand it now. I was in a "good job" with a "good pay" and was living at home playing games all day.
Overtime my job had completely ruined my mental. With colleagues continuously looking down on me and making me feel as I had always felt from almost everywhere else. An idiot.
I know that I'm not now, but when I grew up and its basically all I heard. I would believe that, and it would effect how I spoke to people. This led me to partying, smoking, getting drunk till i vomit. And spending days and nights playing online games to cope that Im not happy with my life.
the company itself was great in terms of progression in career...until it got bought out. And that's when it stagnated. I had realized that up to a certain point I wasnt progressing anymore. I was just stuck, doing the same thing, not doing anything exciting or fun. This made me think "is this really all there is to it? is this what I have to live through until im old?"

2021 is when I realized I wanted some type of change and control in a healthier stance. I was chubby and fat and spent the entirety of 2021 losing weight and i felt good that i was taking a positive direction in my life. but something I hadn't realized was that i was alone in the battle. And I continued for 9-10 months before I stagnated my weight and was slowly finding it less interesting when I had reached my goal and I couldnt build anymore muscle without dedicating time. I wanted to become fit, but bulking wasnt how I wanted to spend my time.

2022 was when I got with my ex, honestly those were my happiest times with her. It was fun and meaningful. But up until late last year did I understand her perspective of her needs when she wanted me to move in with her. We were long distance in different countries but it was easy to travel, though after 8 months together, she told me she wanted me to move to her in a year. As if I can wave a magic wand, move over and adapt as if there wasnt going to be any issues. Of course this needed time for me to be able to do this. this went on for another 6 months and in that time, I seen how she was struggling to support me in my lowest times. I realized the side of her that I loved was our honeymoon phase, and the reality of her was a blaring red flag. This had become a tipping point a few weeks ago when she messed up, and I messed up aswell not too long after. We had issues and a timescale to reach her goal with us and I realized she couldnt wait for it any longer. So I had to break it off as my mental couldnt handle all of my existing issues on top of issues with her. I wanted to move apartments so I can find somewhere cheaper, and I was also potentially about to be made redundant. And now the killer was breaking off my gf. I dont blame her though, I take accountability with how our relationship ended and understood why this couldnt work and how I also caused issues. Luckily we're still mutually friends as we get along really well. But it did made me question what Im even doing with my life.

Ahh the joys of post break up. that wasn't fun. I wanted to find meaning and motivation again. It made me think about life and made me understand that SO MANY issues can just be solved if I was rich. Why cant I? Whats actually stopping me. Im 24 with little responsibilities. As im typing this, im trying to get the moving sorted for an apartment that I dont even want. But I just gotta take it and make it work for me. Im away from parents that stops my mind from being invaded of the slow lane. And I want to live fast now. I want to feel like I can wake up and do whatever the hell I feel like. I did always want this lifestyle for myself. But now im determined to get there. I dont want to live a 9-5 wondering when the hell I can retire. I dont want to wake up on a time i dont like and work like I give a shit. I want to choose how i spend my life. And the first step is grinding to get that large dough to make it worthwhile. I want to become "that guy" that everyone looked down and is now living his best life. Travelling, driving nice cars, doing whatever the hell I want because my time is important to me. I dont want to waste it by doing dumb shit to deal with the stress of the sidewalk and slowlane. I want to grab that stress and chuck it straight into the bin and relax in a hotel in St Lucia overviewing the beautiful mountains (or volcanoes?)

the slow lane is failing me, and the sidewalk is just a scam to keep me inline from corporate bullshit. I want to live my life to the fullest and get to my goal of financial freedom. And I'm determined to make it there

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
451%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the intro, you've demonstrated all the reasons WHY you want to live a great life, including a lot of great visuals, but then it ends there.

It is easy to recite our painful past (we all have them) and then ultimately, do nothing while life gets in the way.

Basically I'm asking, WHATS NEXT and WHAT NOW? What's the plan?

You have a strong why -- but that only gets you on the playing field. Winning the game is a whole different deal.

Welcome to the forum.

NervesOfSteel

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 26, 2023
To sum up, I am 24, in the middle of moving apartments that I painfully regret. a recent breakup, a family with values that doesnt resonate with me, and a career that for the last 2 years have been stagnant with a close call to being made redundant.
My family are religious. Super religious. I have grown to the ideology that this religion is my core belief. But I always knew it wasnt. I have continuously said that for a long time but I wanted to keep my mum happy, the one that I deeply care for, although this had changed when I started working at 18. This had completely altered and ruined my view of the "working life" or the sidewalk as I understand it now. I was in a "good job" with a "good pay" and was living at home playing games all day.
Overtime my job had completely ruined my mental. With colleagues continuously looking down on me and making me feel as I had always felt from almost everywhere else. An idiot.
I know that I'm not now, but when I grew up and its basically all I heard. I would believe that, and it would effect how I spoke to people. This led me to partying, smoking, getting drunk till i vomit. And spending days and nights playing online games to cope that Im not happy with my life.
the company itself was great in terms of progression in career...until it got bought out. And that's when it stagnated. I had realized that up to a certain point I wasnt progressing anymore. I was just stuck, doing the same thing, not doing anything exciting or fun. This made me think "is this really all there is to it? is this what I have to live through until im old?"

2021 is when I realized I wanted some type of change and control in a healthier stance. I was chubby and fat and spent the entirety of 2021 losing weight and i felt good that i was taking a positive direction in my life. but something I hadn't realized was that i was alone in the battle. And I continued for 9-10 months before I stagnated my weight and was slowly finding it less interesting when I had reached my goal and I couldnt build anymore muscle without dedicating time. I wanted to become fit, but bulking wasnt how I wanted to spend my time.

2022 was when I got with my ex, honestly those were my happiest times with her. It was fun and meaningful. But up until late last year did I understand her perspective of her needs when she wanted me to move in with her. We were long distance in different countries but it was easy to travel, though after 8 months together, she told me she wanted me to move to her in a year. As if I can wave a magic wand, move over and adapt as if there wasnt going to be any issues. Of course this needed time for me to be able to do this. this went on for another 6 months and in that time, I seen how she was struggling to support me in my lowest times. I realized the side of her that I loved was our honeymoon phase, and the reality of her was a blaring red flag. This had become a tipping point a few weeks ago when she messed up, and I messed up aswell not too long after. We had issues and a timescale to reach her goal with us and I realized she couldnt wait for it any longer. So I had to break it off as my mental couldnt handle all of my existing issues on top of issues with her. I wanted to move apartments so I can find somewhere cheaper, and I was also potentially about to be made redundant. And now the killer was breaking off my gf. I dont blame her though, I take accountability with how our relationship ended and understood why this couldnt work and how I also caused issues. Luckily we're still mutually friends as we get along really well. But it did made me question what Im even doing with my life.

Ahh the joys of post break up. that wasn't fun. I wanted to find meaning and motivation again. It made me think about life and made me understand that SO MANY issues can just be solved if I was rich. Why cant I? Whats actually stopping me. Im 24 with little responsibilities. As im typing this, im trying to get the moving sorted for an apartment that I dont even want. But I just gotta take it and make it work for me. Im away from parents that stops my mind from being invaded of the slow lane. And I want to live fast now. I want to feel like I can wake up and do whatever the hell I feel like. I did always want this lifestyle for myself. But now im determined to get there. I dont want to live a 9-5 wondering when the hell I can retire. I dont want to wake up on a time i dont like and work like I give a shit. I want to choose how i spend my life. And the first step is grinding to get that large dough to make it worthwhile. I want to become "that guy" that everyone looked down and is now living his best life. Travelling, driving nice cars, doing whatever the hell I want because my time is important to me. I dont want to waste it by doing dumb shit to deal with the stress of the sidewalk and slowlane. I want to grab that stress and chuck it straight into the bin and relax in a hotel in St Lucia overviewing the beautiful mountains (or volcanoes?)

the slow lane is failing me, and the sidewalk is just a scam to keep me inline from corporate bullshit. I want to live my life to the fullest and get to my goal of financial freedom. And I'm determined to make it there

People often seek fast lane to catch-up with everyone who has surpassed them .. from colleagues to ex's BFs ..

Make sure your reasons are in cohesion before you buy a course or something .. lol

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...