The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The one and only fasting video you need to see.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Great thread, +rep coming your way.

The amount of calories is not that important, but honey consists essentially of fruit sugar or fructose, which reacts and raises the insulin level.
Fung is saying that it is much more about the insulin level than it is about the calories. (25:00)

In Asia they used to have little to no obesity even though they had a calorie rich diet.
The obesity rate went from 1% to 13% in 30 years. (40:16)

source:

yea i binge read all of fung's articles and i agree now that consuming anything that raises insulin levels will probably disrupt the fasting hormones.

Although im sure in theory its possible to do it if you're exercising at the same time or something but why bother, the healthy body will begin to burn fat if necessary.

I've actually done a 30+ hour fast just the other day and i felt mentally sharp as F*ck, i only drank plain tea. 0 calories.
and i worked out too and felt fine.

been eating once a day for like 2 months now, i eat a 2000+ calorie feast, pretty high fat, but lots of carbs too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Day 9 over...
Day over day.
grrr.

Day 8 done...
Day over day.
Damn this is slow, I'm only drinking 6 glasses and hungry.
I'll have to force the last two days just cause people are watching.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I find that paleo, keto, and IF(12pm-8pm feeding period) work pretty well together. If anything, I don't have to try to hit ketosis, I hit it by accident as a natural consequence of eating only meat and veggies.

I've been doing that for about 2 months this year with a break in the middle, and have gone from over 15% to 12% fat. Excited to see my abs for the first time in my life. I hope they don't look weird like some people's.

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023
If you've ever wondered about fasting, why/if it works, or how it works. Then this is the video for you:

I read about fasting a couple of years ago and started implementing it as soon as I could.

I first started with what I'd call a "moderate" fast where I made sure to not consume any calories for 12 hours every day. I didn't use the 5/2 method, and I didn't go strictly "Paleo" either.

The result? I lost 40lbs in about 6 months. The majority of it fat/water weight (FYI I didn't use one of those BMI tests to be exactly sure).

The video above is about as good an explanation of why and how it works as I have ever seen. If you've got 30 minutes to watch it, I suggest you do. Unless you're an adonis already of course.

P.S. Please forgive me for trying out a tiny bit of copywriting in the process. I need some practice :).
It really helps me and I think it will help a lot of people. In my case I only eat first time around 13 -15, last time around 20:30 sometimes I get a little later around 21:20. I use coconut oil in the morning, rinse my mouth with it for 10 minutes and spit it out (it has helped my teeth immensely and generally gives me some energy. Thanks for the great information!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.