• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

OFF-TOPIC The NBA thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Rawr, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Rawr

Rawr Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Figured if people here loved Basketball we could discuss it. It is one of my passions - playing in real life, videogames, watching.

Right now, watching Celtics is so much fun. I just want KG to get a ring. As far as most exciting players - I have to give it to Kobe.

Just saw Camby on TV pre game interview:

"Well, our gameplan for tonight is - 1. Stop Kobe. 1a. Stop Kobe. 1b. Stop Kobe" For my money there is no better offensive player, especially 1vs1 in the league right now.

what are you early predictions for each conference finals?

2. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $183
    I agree. I really like a respect KG a great deal. Unfortunately, I'm a Knicks' fan and watching them play these days has become painful (especially tonight...they're currently down by 43).

Right now, my picks are Bulls vs. Celtics in the East and Suns vs. Rockets in the West. I don't know how the Spurs will lose, but it could happen. I like Yao and T-Mac a lot, and the Suns are just fun to watch. I think those would be more like matchups I would want to see, but they're my picks nonetheless.

Back to the Knicks...Isiah really needs to be fired. He has lost control of his team, and I don't see him getting it back. His only real beneficial aspect is his scouting ability; he is an excellent drafter. Unfortunately, he can't assemble the talent into a cohesive unit.

Which teams do you root for?

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $385,096
    Admin Post
    For me, I don't pay attention until March. The season is just too long. The Celtics do look good though!!

4. JesseO

JesseO Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $102
    I'm a Suns/Lakers fan myself....are they doing any good?

5. Luke12321

Luke12321 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $919
    This is how I feel about it MJ! It is just toooo long! I love college basketball and march madness IMO is like nothing else. Celtics are looking very tough on the court and on paper. You put three hall of famers on one team that are hungry to finally win a ring and you got something special. Still though, they have to go out and win the title. The spurs, suns, mavs are all waiting in the wings for a shot at the celtics.

6. Yankees338

Rep Bank:
    $183
    The best part about the Celtics is that all of the stars they've put together are great guys. None of them have a problem deferring to another. Any of them could score at will, but they prefer to get each other involved. They're all team players; they deserve everything that comes their way.

Garnett is a great guy. Definitely one of my favorite players. Him and Duncan are both very similar...terrific players who will do anything to win. He's so unselfish. I love him. Why can't the Knicks trade for him? Arghhhhhhh

7. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $919
    My problem I guess with the NBA is that I don't have a favorite team. We have the Bobcats here in NC but everyone here calls them the "heelcats". The reason is, Felton, May, McInnis...are all UNC TarHeel's. They have had other UNC guys in and out and most recently drafted Brandon Wright but traded him away on draft night. Also, they have Micheal Jordan with his finger in the pot and he hires his unc friends to run the show. Felton and May during the same draft was what made it (the name Heelcats) really take off though. Felton has played well but May has been a bust thus far. They have still yet to make the playoffs....and I am glad! haha They should of known better than to draft both of them.....they still have to keep Wake Forest, Duke, N.C. State fans happy as well! haha

8. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Oh man, where were you the last draft when Isiah picked some random kid who would have still been there in the second round as the 19th or 20th pick?! Ronaldo Balkman - the man who will save the Knicks :rofl:

Honestly though, it was just a horrible decision making process all along - Rose, Francis, Curry.. I believe if they eliminate Marbury (good luck!) the team has enough skill with Crawford, Randolph, Lee to get a few more players and do decently.

I am predicting the same Suns - Spurs matchup in the West... East too hard to call, but possible Celtics vs

Bobcats - you guys should be doing much better now that you got J rich. I havent been following whats going on with your team but you should be 8-10 spot in the West. It will be interesting to see if Morrison develops into something special - I think he was a solid pick.

9. Yankees338

Rep Bank:
    $183
    They definitely should've waited on Balkman, but the Suns were rumored to be interested at 27th I believe, which was before the Knicks next pick at 29. He's actually been a good pick, though, IMO. The Knicks have plenty of scorers; they need defense, hustle, energy, and rebounding. He provides all of that.

I agree with you about the Bobcats. They have some good talent over there. They just put an offer sheet out on Varejao, too, which means he'll be theirs if the Cavs don't match.

10. Luke12321

Rep Bank:
    $919
    Varejao the answer? Doubtful. IMO, this is a guy who rode L. James success and now is trying to cash in (and Bobcats will probably take the bait). I actually seen Morrison at a college game that was inside Bobcats arena this past weekend...man he looked very rough. If I had that money....I would dress like it but whatever. haha Morrison was limping and appeared like will be out for awhile. I like Morrison though....he plays hard.

11. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Varejao can board, so it could help them, but I wouldn't spend too much money on him - he really can't score.

Being a fan of the worst team in the NBA right now and seeing them getting beat right now once again, I always had other teams that I favor - Lakers, Sonics.. I love pro basketball so it is easier for me to pick teams I do not like that those I do. (Knicks, Spurs. Blazers, Grizzlies)

12. Reisteve

Reisteve New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    As a long time Laker fan (West Chamberlain, Hairston, McMillian, Goodrich), I would love to see them dong something this year, but realitically it is not in the cards.

Spurs are the team to beat... Phoenix should give them a run as will the Mavs...

Cetics in the east (God, I hate saying that)

The Spurs are just too tough a TEAM. They are more than Duncan, Manu, and Parker. They play great team defense as match up well with all the teams...

Just my thoughts though..

Steve

PS Kupchak sucks... Bring back the Logo!!!!

13. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
  14. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    The NBA rocks and the season isn't long enough! As long as I can remember I've been a Lakers fan. I recall watching the Showtime Lakers on a black and white t.v. with my brother. Then, I became a Suns fan. Hm, I vividly remember the 92-93 NBA Finals when the Suns faced the Bulls and that was the talk of town. It's still hard to remember Paxon's deadly 3-pointer as it put an end to the Suns' magical season. :(

Primary picks:
    West: San Antonio - call them Old Faithful but as boring as they are, they're still the team to beat
    East: Boston - new additions have meshed well, very impressive team

Secondary picks
    West: Dallas
    East: Detroit

As much as I like the Phoenix Suns, I wouldn't bet on them. Talent wise, they're amazing but I don't like their coach at all.

15. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    I have my own thoughts about D'antoni.. have you seen this?

http://holdenfish.multiply.com/video/item/66

Suns > Mavs currently IMO

16. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    Ha, yes, I had seen D'antoni during his drama moment, yet it's hard to see what he was so upset about. Round 2 is today, Suns should win (considering their team is way more talented).

17. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Wanna throw some rep on it? Loser gives rep to winner. I'll take LA since they are at home

18. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    Sounds like a plan, I'm in.

19. Dynain

Dynain PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $38
    Keep an EYE on the nuggets!!!!!

D:banana:

20. S928

S928 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $108
    What was I thinking? I should've stuck with my gut ...

:smx4:

The Nuggets???

21. Rawr

Rep Bank:
    $5,523
    Hey it was a very close game, suns were rallying back up every time to get back in the game, 62 points in the half!!

What are we looking at with the Nuggets? They have two explosive weapons and a great shotblocker, and there are teams to beat in the conference.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.