The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC The Millionaire Fastlane: Spanish Version

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

truesouth

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2011
Patagonia, Chile
Hello,

I am a big fan of TMF, and without doubt the best book I ever read in my entire life.

My primary language is Spanish. And as a second language I use English.

Today, I'd like to give copies of TMF to my friends and family. However, none of them can read well the English language.

MJ DeMarco, have you ever thought about launching a Spanish version of TMF? I'm sure it would be a hit everywhere.

Best wishes.

- Fernando

MODERATOR EDIT:

Screenshot_2018-09-15 Hootsuite.jpg

Spanish Version found here:

VIA RAPIDA DEL MILLONARIO, LA

https://t.co/DVjIzqqT6T

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'd like to see it in French.

I would be able to offer help and assistance to get the book published in France.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
2-3 people (minimum) could do this on a couple of months, so we need MJ's response

The problem is not translation, its distribution.

The usual process is to get a Spanish or French publisher to buy a license -- they then translate, produce, and distribute. I only receive a small royalty. Does anyone here own a publishing company?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
The usual process is to get a Spanish or French publisher to buy a license -- they then translate, produce, and distribute. I only receive a small royalty. Does anyone here own a publishing company?

So you can't translate it and put the translated version on your business' website?

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Haci es amigo, este libro se puede vender en todos los idiomas y se puede vender buen!

truesouth

Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2011
Patagonia, Chile
The problem is not translation, its distribution.

It's great that you're interested in this. :)

What about Amazon.es and BookDepository.com? And of course your own website.

I think that is all that is needed to successfully distribute the Spanish version of TMF.

What do you think about this?

- Fernando

"The market will always tell you in which directions you should be moving, or not moving."​

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
So you can't translate it and put the translated version on your business' website?

What about Amazon.es and BookDepository.com? And of course your own website.

Sure these would all work however I just don't see an applicable ROI at this time. All this stuff costs time and money. Yes, several people have requested for a Spanish version (as well as a French, Hungarian, Japanese, and Italian) version -- however, there needs to be enough volume to make these ventures worthwhile which is why the best venue is selling licenses to companies who are familiar with the markets for the translation language.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
the best venue is selling licenses to companies who are familiar with the markets for the translation language.

That makes a lot of sense. If/When you do license it to be sold in Spanish, please let us know here on the forum. I will definitely be buying a few copies to give as gifts!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
One of my close friends owns a publishing company in Russia. Interested?

Bobby, I'm not sure how I missed this, but YES. Do they purchase translation licenses?

After four months, there are news about this issue?

At the moment, I've sold licenses for Polish and Hungarian with Thai, Italian, Japanese and Indonesian in the pipeline.

I've received a lot of "translation" interest for Spanish from individuals, not publishing companies. While I would sell a license to an individual, they need to have experience (or show an ability to execute) on the process, which, isn't exactly easy as it could take months to complete.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Oct 25, 2012
MJ the past month I've been talking with a good friend that owns a publishing company in South America. They are specialized in US Books/Publications.

I want to get more details about the license to distribute. What is the best way to reach you about this opportunity?

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Oct 25, 2012
I've received a lot of "translation" interest for Spanish from individuals, not publishing companies. While I would sell a license to an individual, they need to have experience (or show an ability to execute) on the process, which, isn't exactly easy as it could take months to complete.

MJ the past month I've been talking with a good friend that owns a publishing company in South America. They are specialized in US Books/Publications.

I want to get more details with you about the license to distribute. What is the best way to reach you about this opportunity?

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am trying to buy a copy of TMF for my niece in Spanish. I am currently in Mexico and the internet connection is just terrible, have not been able to find where to get the book in alternate languages. I had thought there was a Spanish version though...

Amazon Mexico only has it listed in English from what I can see

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I am trying to buy a copy of TMF for my niece in Spanish. I am currently in Mexico and the internet connection is just terrible, have not been able to find where to get the book in alternate languages. I had thought there was a Spanish version though...

Amazon Mexico only has it listed in English from what I can see

It is in production now, I'm guessing release later this year or early next.

I'll post a link to the publisher...

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Thanks MJ! I will be looking for it to come out!

For now I got her Padre Rico, Padre Pobre (rich dad, poor dad). This should hopefully start to develop a spark that she can start with.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom