The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane, Russian Edition

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
*** Coming Soon!

Today I received the WIRE $$ for the license payment for license and translation of TMF into Russian. The Millionaire Fastlane is coming to Mother Russia and I'm excited. It will probably be at least 9 months before it gets to print. As always, when I get news of availability, I will update. (These license deals have been an interesting experience I must say.)

The three big ones remaining... German, Portuguese, and Spanish.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I've seen the Hungarian version in a bookstore and in my opinion the English version is the best.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Mj,

Make one for the Afghan/Persian language and let me be your distibutor :)

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I google translated the page and the book title is

"Get Rich! A book for those who dared to make a lot of money and buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini"

is that what it says on the actual book too?

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I think I need to buy this, gotta brush up on my Russian and The Hunger Games wasn't cutting it. ;)

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Hopefully the book is translated a little bit better than the title is. Can't get much worse with the title. ;)

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I google translated the page and the book title is

"Get Rich! A book for those who dared to make a lot of money and buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini"

is that what it says on the actual book too?

Yup, pretty much that what it says:)

@MJ DeMarco: I think it's an interesting title, very direct. I love the original title, but in my opinion, it's tricky for translation.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
LMAO yea that's definitely what the title says!!!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I'm from Germany and I love your book! The problem is that alot of people over here are not that good in english to actually read a whole book written in english. So it would def be a lot easier to sell it in Germany if it's translated into german in a way that doesn't take away from your style of writing it.

symbaline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2015
Moscow
I've read this book in English recently and found out that it was translated in Russian. The title, which was translated above is correct, however, the meaning of title is odd. At the first sight, judging by the Russian title, this book for those who is wealthy already!

MJ, the book is great, very insightful.

Thank you!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Do you have sales numbers for Russia already? How did it do?

Nikson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 10, 2016
California
I wonder how sales have done in Russia.

I'm new, so started reading the original, but found an online version in Russian as well. Seems like its pretty close, just surprised that the title got more lengthy than the original...

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
nice...mozno i porusski...lol

@MJ DeMarco - did you know that you have a Russian in the house?

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
*** Coming Soon!

Today I received the WIRE $$ for the license payment for license and translation of TMF into Russian. The Millionaire Fastlane is coming to Mother Russia and I'm excited. It will probably be at least 9 months before it gets to print. As always, when I get news of availability, I will update. (These license deals have been an interesting experience I must say.)

Hi Mj, i live in Russia and
*** Coming Soon!

Hi Mj, i live in Russia and I continue to talk to my friends of your great book. I am very curious to see how it will be 'translated. In fact, in the Russian language and culture, there are ways of saying that we in the West have no sense. I would like to assimilate them quickly to be able to speak freely with my friends. Thank you very much.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Многие прочитавшие TMF , даже имея западный менталитет (это важный нюанс), начинают стремиться "побыстрее сделать деньги", не понимая, что материальный успех приходит к тем, кому есть чем поделиться, а не тем, кто просто нуждается в деньгах. Это описывается в книге и MJ говорит об этом в своем видео, но похоже до людей это не доходит.
Не имея ни знаний, ни навыков, ни инструментов, невозможно достичь материального благосостояния. У большинства нет ни первого, ни второго, ни третьего.

Для русского менталитета эта книга будет либо слишком жесткой, либо создаст иллюзию возможности жить так, как в реальности эти люди жить не смогут.
Здесь у людей рабский менталитет, все чего хотят рабы - иметь своих собственных рабов.

I'll leave it there in Russian for all the obvious reasons.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Вот почему ум должен быть первым, чтобы изменить

New

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 2, 2016
Многие прочитавшие TMF , даже имея западный менталитет (это важный нюанс), начинают стремиться "побыстрее сделать деньги", не понимая, что материальный успех приходит к тем, кому есть чем поделиться, а не тем, кто просто нуждается в деньгах. Это описывается в книге и MJ говорит об этом в своем видео, но похоже до людей это не доходит.
Не имея ни знаний, ни навыков, ни инструментов, невозможно достичь материального благосостояния. У большинства нет ни первого, ни второго, ни третьего.

Для русского менталитета эта книга будет либо слишком жесткой, либо создаст иллюзию возможности жить так, как в реальности эти люди жить не смогут.
Здесь у людей рабский менталитет, все чего хотят рабы - иметь своих собственных рабов.

I'll leave it there in Russian for all the obvious reasons.

I guess Russian people still need some years of evolution in this sense. From my experience, 90% of the population has either

A) Communist, entitlement mindset (mostly older people): "Before, there were jobs for everyone, you were take care of. Now the corrupt government and all these oligarchs are exploiting us fair people, while we live in crap"

B) 90s mentality: Getting money is the goal, the end justifies the means

Sad, but true. I hope MJ's book at least helps a little bit to point the mindset of people in the right direction

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
I disagree. If there is any mentality "holding back the Russian people" it's the pretense that any Russians think of themselves as representative all other Russians. There is no monolithic Russian identity. That's the tragedy of Russia. The country is too large, complex and old for common understanding.
Russian ingenuity and entrepreneurship have long been bright sparks, however the economy including lack of a strong transportation infrastructure has always impeded growth until recently. The space program and cultural exports currently are tippng the iceberg.
Entrepreneurship is alive and well.
Remember, you can never block a gopnik.

Now for my favorite Russian entrepreneur:

Life of Boris 2.5 M subscribersc

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ov6-wfN0I7s

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TrmhORG8cYc

Last edited:

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
@MJ DeMarco
Hi MJ how can I buy copies of MFL in Russian?
(Birthday presents!)
Thanks

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007