The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Romance aside, you let a bumble match with a glock in your house in the middle of the night lol. She sounds fun.
She didn't kick open my door brandishing it. It was in her purse.

She showed it to me as we were talking later.

I imagine only the fruitiest of liberals would kick someone out of their house for showing them a gun in a non-threatening manner.

She was "tired of drawing muscular guys"

It's giving "Baby, don't worry about your size, the big ones hurt" vibes. LMFAO

Good luck in the search for Johnny Girl.

I am not looking for me. I am a fully a man. I am what a man should be. I am looking for a woman that is what a woman should be. What a man should be and what a woman should be are actually opposites in many many ways. This confusion is why sissy liberals with weak handshakes that sit when they pee, don't mind ending up with the nasty girls who don't shave their armpits and act terribly. And this is why clear minded strong men have amazing feminine wives who don't cause problems.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I trained with 2 former Professional MMA fighters at the gym the other day, and the skill level they had in all forms of combat was incredibly impressive.

I got to work on my striking and wrestling with them aswell so that was very educational.

We are making a thing of it every week to do one MMA sparring session ontop of BJJ, this will make me get so much better than I already am.

View attachment FB_VID_4995989236008872733.mp4

cYn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 25, 2023
And this is why clear minded strong men have amazing feminine wives who don't cause problems.
This comment reaffirms something I've been struggling with.

I have two wonderful kids, a 17-year-old daughter and a 9-year-old son.

My son is just like me. In fact, he's much stronger (mentally) and smarter than I was at his age. I'm able to teach him about hard work, discipline, and self-control, and he gets it.

But my daughter is the complete opposite. I can't seem to get through to her. I want her to be able to stand on her own two feet so that she can never be tied down by a guy. But I've slowly learned over the years that her role doesn't have to be the same as mine. She excels in a supportive role. She has high emotions, but in a good, feminine way. I realize her calling in life may be exactly what you point out: to support a man with the utmost love she can give him. You're right. Why would a man want a woman emanating masculine energy? That's what hanging out with the boys is for. But the high contrast that a woman can bring into a man's life is the missing piece.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
It's giving "Baby, don't worry about your size, the big ones hurt" vibes. LMFAO
wait, was she lying to me when she said that?

She showed it to me as we were talking later.
I gathered that from the original post.

I wasn’t implying you should kick her out, I just thought it was a funny observation. I'd probably not care, other than the fact it means I made someone feel like they needed a gun around me. I try to avoid that scenario lol.

It's a bit surprising to me that people agree to go to someone else's home before meeting them in public first. I wouldn't, even if they were as amiable as Johnny.

I can call emergency services with my Apple watch in about 10 seconds, and I feel like that's a sick feature more people need to know about and/or use. It makes me feel pretty well protected. technology is cool.

I love green beans but I hate broccoli. The texture freaks me out. Luckily, this is why restaurants have menus.

I am not looking for me.

lol I figured from the blushes at curse words requirement.

Physical attributes aside, I have learned that I don't match well with someone who is the polar opposite of me. I used to think opposites attract, until I dated someone pretty much completely opposite of me and it drove me batshit insane. I felt like I had to explain everything or have everything explained to me.

I think my goal (for now at least) is to eventually find someone who's roughly 60-70% similar to me, as I feel like that keeps things interesting but also familiar enough not to be too problematic. Everyone is going to want a different mix of that I suppose.

with weak handshakes

I hate shaking people's hands, and wish we would all just kinda stop doing that. I'm not an anxious person in general, but this gets to me. I still do it out of politeness & formality, but it's one of my biggest social aggravations. If that is anyone's first interaction with me, I will 100% fail. Luckily this has not been too much of a problem, but it does require recovery work occasionally.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I hate shaking people's hands, and wish we would all just kinda stop doing that. I'm not an anxious person in general, but this gets to me. I still do it out of politeness & formality, but it's one of my biggest social aggravations. If that is anyone's first interaction with me, I will 100% fail. Luckily this has not been too much of a problem, but it does require recovery work occasionally.

This may be a me problem, but if someone gives me a weak handshake, the first thing that comes to mind is judgements such as:

Placid
Weirdo
Something not right there.

Or I would probably also assume, that maybe you just don't like me very much.

Not saying you are those things btw, but straight off the bat, it doesn't leave a good impression with me.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
This may be a me problem, but if someone gives me a weak handshake, the first thing that comes to mind is judgements such as:

Placid
Weirdo
Something not right there.

Or I would probably also assume, that maybe you just don't like me very much.

Not saying you are those things btw, but straight off the bat, it doesn't leave a good impression with me.

Yep. These are things I have to fix in the recovery stage. I know people will think this so I just try and compensate for it. It's nothing personal, just know there are people like me out there that have this problem lol.

I also have a sensory thing with chalk. I can not touch chalk, like it pretty much freezes my train of thought until I set it back down. I actually tried to promote a business on a chalk bilboard once, but couldn't do it. I just kinda stood there in panic until I eventually dropped the chalk. There's very few things I'm afraid of, mostly consisting of stuff that can kill me like snakes/tarantulas, but chalk, chalk could haunt my nightmares. it was a big problem when going rock climbing but no where else in adult life. It's a much bigger issue when you're a kid and chalk is abundant.

I think shaking hands is something similar for me, couldn't tell you the reason. Not near as bad though.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

piano

Dmin7,8,9,13
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
You should learn how to shake hands properly, especially as an adult.

Tips from me:
To always give just enough pressure, match your handshake strength with theirs.

If you fail to give a proper handshake (often times they are actually at fault, particularly the more the younger they are), "apologise" and tell them that you'd like to try it again. This usually positively surprises them as well.

Against people that give you painful handshakes, there is sadly not much you can do. The only thing that comes to mind is to say out loud "Oh you're hurting me!" and let the social pressure depressure his handshake. Never happened to me though.

(I learned this and more from Pease's definitive book of body language btw)

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Jul 9, 2018
Guys talking about handshakes, you need to up your game.

Here's the Alpha handshake -

alpha-handshake.gif

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Going to visit a Dallas museum Saturday to learn more about the holocaust and the survivors. Learn about perspective and what a great time we live in.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.