The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Journey of an Email Copywriter

Marketing, social media, advertising

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
I've been on this forum for about 2 years now. I was never active in this community but I decided to start a thread of my journey with email copywriting.

I thought it would be kind of cool to document all my successes and failures. I am pretty new to copywriting so a lot of posts will be me posting my spec pieces and my experience trying to help clients.

My goal is to provide value to 7-15 clients before the end of 2023.
My ultimate goal is to create an Email marketing agency.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Day 1

Spec Piece 1

How to Kill That Stubborn Fat

Hey Fitz Here

Did you know it becomes a lot harder to lose weight as you grow older?

From that question, you're probably thinking duh of course it's harder to lose weight when you're older.

But do you know by how much specifically? I would say it is 5-7 times harder to lose weight at an age of 60 than it is for a 20-year-old.

Metabolism, activity, and diet are the main reasons why.

When you reach the age of 40 your metabolism begins to change from a bucking bronco that's been racing for years to an old retired stable horse.

So the best course of action is to attack activity and diet.

Three weeks ago, I went to my grandma's house for a nice visit and chat.

When I rang the doorbell and saw what she looked like after she opened the door I dropped my backpack in shock.

My grandma looked like she lost over 30+ pounds.

I went inside and she said I came at the perfect time she just finished cleaning the house.

I have never seen her clean the entire house without taking breaks before.

The last time I saw her it looked like her weight was taking over her life.

She was struggling to get out of bed and would look at the stairs like she is about to climb Mount Everest just to do laundry.

The worst part was she couldn’t play with her younger grandchildren because she would get winded just walking them to the park.

I congratulated my grandma on her massive weight loss and asked her.

What's your secret?

My grandma chuckled and thanked me and said her secret was a diet and exercise regimen that was so easy she couldn’t see herself failing.

My Grandma said late last year the doctor told her that she is at a high risk of a heart attack if she doesn’t lose weight.

My grandma felt depressed and scared that if she doesn't make any change she won't be here for her family anymore.

My Grandma didn’t tell anyone out of shame. And started researching for something to help her online and that's when she found the Old school new body weight loss book.

The book had what she was looking for so she ordered the book…

She ended up devouring the book in a day.

After reading it my grandma knew exactly what meals to make and what exercises to do that work best for her to lose weight.

Fad diets are all over the place you can't go anywhere without hearing about a new diet that everyone is doing. But the Old School New Body weight loss book is a tried and tested book to help you in the best way possible.

The diet is designed perfectly for mature adults to lose weight and keep it off.

If my grandma was able to lose 35 pounds in 3 months imagine what you could do.

And yes she can now play with her grandkids and walk to the park without getting winded.

The book comes with everything you need to get started.

Including…

What meals to make that will get your mouth watering while burning fat.

The best exercise for you that burns fat while being easy and manageable.

And the best vitamins you should take to make you feel like an old horse back in action to take on the race track.

Not the biggest reader?

That’s fine too the book comes with stop points that can help you even if you only read 1 page a day!

It's 99 pages of entertaining facts no fluff that will have you eating good, feeling good, and living good. Without the constant headache of a diet regulating your life.

So at this point, you are probably thinking why are you telling me all of this or where can I get this book?

I'm telling you this because the book is currently on a limited-time weekend sale.

If you want to finally kill that stubborn fat without losing your mind go to [Link].

-Fitz

First time writing a spec piece for the weight loss niche. It was interesting trying to think of a good emotional story to try to get people to click the CTA which would have brought them to a sales page. I think I may need to work on finding a good emotional story that can truly resonate with the reader.

I am currently reading how to write a good advertisement a short course in copywriting. I'm hoping to get some ideas from this book to implement into my Email copy.

I am still unsure which niche I would like to get into so right now I am trying everything. I feel like it may be a little too early to niche down too. But hopefully, I find a niche that I really enjoy writing about and can go down that path.
Good attempt to start with.

I do write email copy on the side, so some thoughts:

1. Zoom in on the 'losing fat is tough for the elderly' angle.
I think it's a valid point, given how their metabolism slows over time, and their diets might not be very good.

Your subject line 'How to kill that stubborn fat' is quick and fast-- but would only appeal to folks who HAVEN'T tried a single weight-loss product out there. Which is pretty impossible, as weight-loss has been beaten like a dead donkey since the start of the modern age.

It can help to target a more filtered audience (especially if your product is elderly-centric)

So you could start off with subject lines like 'How Grandma rejected shameful fad diets to lose 35 pounds' or
'Now senior citizens can DESTROY fat like brash bronchos. Here's how: ' or something like that.

If you are writing emails more regularly and folks like your content, they'll eventually open the emails the moment they see your name-- regardless of subject line (although a curiosity-driven headline does help with the opens)

2. Rearrange the sequence of the email
There is no one-way street to writing a sales email, but here's one framework that comes to mind:

Story --> Problem --> Unique Mechanism -->Aggravation/Desire --> Solution --> CTA

I see you have all the ingredients there, but they just need to be rearranged.

You started off your email by explaining why the elderly can't lose weight that quickly (i.e. metabolism, diet)

IMO, this is the Unique Mechanism that explains what's exactly WRONG with their problem-- and why they just cannot make any progress with whatever they are using to burn fat.

So you could start off with your Grandma story...up until how she found the book...have the book reveal the Unique Mechanism behind the weight-loss problem (that it's all about their metabolism and diet, and it's what today's fad diets have LONG forgotten)... build up on what fad-diet followers are falling into instead...and then you wrap up with the book's features and the CTA.

The email's starting sentence 'Did you know...?' feels rather cliche and overused.

When you start off the email with the Grandma story, try a reaction or in mid-action. Something like:

' "Wow Grandma...HOW on earth did you LOSE it all???"

I nearly shouted when I saw Grandma-- for the first time in 6 months.

"Oh my dear Fitz, you noticed?" she beamed. "Well I really wanted to lose it for the grandkids."

"Tell me more about it," I leaned in closer...

Well, if you haven't got the memo, Grandma had been fighting to lose weight for THREE years-- ever since a doctor warned her of a life-threatening heart attack if she couldn't get her kilos in order.

Trouble is..."

3. Where to get stories
Ask your client for case studies and testimonials, especially when it comes to sharing how folks used your product.
Don't make stories up-- especially when it comes to sharing results of your product!

You can use stuff like Q&A on Reddit or even news excerpts (but very time sensitive) to provide an expert opinion though.

4. Deadlines
I see it's a limited-time sale.
Would be good to specify the exact date and time of closing.

That way, late buyers won't shoot you once they miss the deadline. They can't!

5. Further readings
'How to Write a Good Advertisement' by Victor Schwab may be a good read for sales copy fundamentals, but for personality-driven emails, you should read how current email copywriters do it their way.

Many of those classic copywriting books were for a time when attention spans were longer, and products were not as saturated as today.

Check out Ben Settle's entire blog filled with his past emails...and for health-related ones, sign up for the email broadcasts from V-Shred, Steve Kamb's Nerd Fitness and Advanced Bionutritionals.

For stories, try 'Micro-Script Rules' written by Bill Schley and Donald Miller's Storybrand.

I follow these although I haven't written any health copy for years.

Read how they present their products...mirror them...and then later write your style.

Pay closer attention to how they present results...it must data and credibility-backed.

But still, if I could appreciate SOMETHING from the classical copy books...is that those ancient copywriters didn't have the Internet for research, or many easy data tracking devices. So when they wrote ads, they had to be 10X AS GOOD-- to overcome objections of any kind.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm going to delve into client outreach tomorrow, as today was a busy day and I wasn't able to spend much time on it.
Delve into client acquisition first so you don't run out of time?

I'm curious why you'll start with outreach too.

I am also considering GoHighLevel, as it appears it could potentially be useful in the future. Currently, my priority is email copy for clients, but I aim to expand into managing email lists and other forms of advertising for businesses.
Try getting email copy clients first before considering what else you'd sell those clients.

Some questions to ask yourself:

How do you help, what do you help them with, how do you do it?

Are you already a good enough email copywriter to help them?

What do people currently pay for that indicates they may pay for your service? Where do those people hangout?

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
You're sending 5 a day? I email ecommerce brands too and the volume you need to be hitting is more like 300 a day. See below 2K sent in the last week. I get 2-3 positive replies a day and that's because of the volume. Get instantly.ai and set up automated sending/follow-ups. You can personalize the 1st email in each sequence, either do it yourself or have AI do it.

For leads I use storeleads.app there are 11M brands on there.

For script, keep it simple.

Hey Name

Personalized Compliment

Case Study / Big Promise

CTA

My reply rate is 8.2% but positive reply rate is more like 2%. So sending 5-10 a day (which I used to do btw) will never lead to results even if your scripts are awesome.

@Wizza134 DM me if you want to talk this more, I've been doing client acquisiton in ecom since June and I'm pretty clear on what works and what doesn't at this point.

Also 300 a day might sound intimidating but I spend like, 0 time on this other than responding to the positive replies and putting a new list every Sunday. It's fully automated.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 12.02.36 AM.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 42

So today I spent time in the Kajabi Facebook Group and the newsletter Discord. I also read through some of the resources in the discord and decided to make my newsletter using Beehiiv instead of ConvertKit. As I started making my Newsletter my friend found it interesting and ended up making his own along with me. So now experimenting with this is going to be a lot more fun.

My Newsletter Topic will be a student-type newsletter as I learn how to get better at storytelling and Art. I'm really interested in these topics in particular and I feel I can blend them pretty well.
@ninjacopywriter ... you and @Wizza134 should hop on a call.

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
@ninjacopywriter ... you and @Wizza134 should hop on a call
WOW...thank you SO MUCH @Andy Black yesterday I was thinking that I would rather focus on short-form copy instead of the freaking long sales letters I used to write in the past...

Plus, I was always good with emails hehe :) thank you sooo much for suggesting this and helping me a lot along this journey :) it means so much to me and I really really hope that once things are better, I will be able to pay it back and pay it forward for everything you've been doing :)

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022

Mattoniy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Apr 9, 2023
Some of the things I did last week
- Sent Cold DMs
- Spent time in the Newsletter Discord
- 80% done with the art and business of online writing by Nicolas Cole
- Sent out my 4th newsletter issue
- Got 2 more subscribers to my newsletter

Plans for next week
Cold DM
Cold Email
Be active in groups
Message family friend/Past client and ask if they need help with anything

Thoughts

I was thinking a lot about what I can do to get a client right now and the easiest and best thing to do was ask my past client/ family friend. It will most likely not be email marketing and most likely either web design, Google ads, or Facebook ads. But I'm happy to help them out with whatever problem that may be.

I'm starting to pull away a bit from making an email marketing agency that helps ecom brands and instead be a marketing agency that helps local businesses/people with Facebook ads or Google ads.

I plan to still continue my newsletter because I've learned that I really like the newsletter business model. I just need to focus even more on growing and creating more.
Hey, this is a really interesting thread.

As a brand owner I can tell you that newsletters are incredibly important, maybe you could expand your service to growing mailing lists as well. I know how hard that can be and it's a skill heavily sort after! How do you market your services? Have you considered a website and using keyword ads to get clients/leads?

Matt

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
I haven't updated in about 2 months so I'm going to start again.

So within the last 2 months, I've bought Sean Marshall's digital marketing course and I've been doing more outreach for my agency. I've completely swapped from offering email marketing and now I'm doing lead gen for a local niche business.

My methods of outreach have been mostly cold Dming on Instagram and cold calling.

I recently scheduled my first appointment by cold calling. So wish me luck!

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 1

Spec Piece 1

Hey Fitz Here

From that question, you're probably thinking duh of course it's harder to lose weight when you're older.

But do you know by how much specifically? I would say it is 5-7 times harder to lose weight at an age of 60 than it is for a 20-year-old.

When you reach the age of 40 your metabolism begins to change from a bucking bronco that's been racing for years to an old retired stable horse.

When I rang the doorbell and saw what she looked like after she opened the door I dropped my backpack in shock.

I went inside and she said I came at the perfect time she just finished cleaning the house.

She was struggling to get out of bed and would look at the stairs like she is about to climb Mount Everest just to do laundry.

The worst part was she couldn’t play with her younger grandchildren because she would get winded just walking them to the park.

What's your secret?

My grandma chuckled and thanked me and said her secret was a diet and exercise regimen that was so easy she couldn’t see herself failing.

My Grandma said late last year the doctor told her that she is at a high risk of a heart attack if she doesn’t lose weight.

My grandma felt depressed and scared that if she doesn't make any change she won't be here for her family anymore.

My Grandma didn’t tell anyone out of shame. And started researching for something to help her online and that's when she found the Old school new body weight loss book.

After reading it my grandma knew exactly what meals to make and what exercises to do that work best for her to lose weight.

Fad diets are all over the place you can't go anywhere without hearing about a new diet that everyone is doing. But the Old School New Body weight loss book is a tried and tested book to help you in the best way possible.

The diet is designed perfectly for mature adults to lose weight and keep it off.

And yes she can now play with her grandkids and walk to the park without getting winded.

Including…

And the best vitamins you should take to make you feel like an old horse back in action to take on the race track.

Not the biggest reader?

That’s fine too the book comes with stop points that can help you even if you only read 1 page a day!

It's 99 pages of entertaining facts no fluff that will have you eating good, feeling good, and living good. Without the constant headache of a diet regulating your life.

So at this point, you are probably thinking why are you telling me all of this or where can I get this book?

I'm telling you this because the book is currently on a limited-time weekend sale.

If you want to finally kill that stubborn fat without losing your mind go to [Link].

-Fitz

First time writing a spec piece for the weight loss niche. It was interesting trying to think of a good emotional story to try to get people to click the CTA which would have brought them to a sales page. I think I may need to work on finding a good emotional story that can truly resonate with the reader.

I am currently reading how to write a good advertisement a short course in copywriting. I'm hoping to get some ideas from this book to implement into my Email copy.

I am still unsure which niche I would like to get into so right now I am trying everything. I feel like it may be a little too early to niche down too. But hopefully, I find a niche that I really enjoy writing about and can go down that path.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Good attempt to start with.

I do write email copy on the side, so some thoughts:

1. Zoom in on the 'losing fat is tough for the elderly' angle.
I think it's a valid point, given how their metabolism slows over time, and their diets might not be very good.

Your subject line 'How to kill that stubborn fat' is quick and fast-- but would only appeal to folks who HAVEN'T tried a single weight-loss product out there. Which is pretty impossible, as weight-loss has been beaten like a dead donkey since the start of the modern age.

It can help to target a more filtered audience (especially if your product is elderly-centric)

So you could start off with subject lines like 'How Grandma rejected shameful fad diets to lose 35 pounds' or
'Now senior citizens can DESTROY fat like brash bronchos. Here's how: ' or something like that.

If you are writing emails more regularly and folks like your content, they'll eventually open the emails the moment they see your name-- regardless of subject line (although a curiosity-driven headline does help with the opens)

2. Rearrange the sequence of the email
There is no one-way street to writing a sales email, but here's one framework that comes to mind:

Story --> Problem --> Unique Mechanism -->Aggravation/Desire --> Solution --> CTA

I see you have all the ingredients there, but they just need to be rearranged.

You started off your email by explaining why the elderly can't lose weight that quickly (i.e. metabolism, diet)

IMO, this is the Unique Mechanism that explains what's exactly WRONG with their problem-- and why they just cannot make any progress with whatever they are using to burn fat.

So you could start off with your Grandma story...up until how she found the book...have the book reveal the Unique Mechanism behind the weight-loss problem (that it's all about their metabolism and diet, and it's what today's fad diets have LONG forgotten)... build up on what fad-diet followers are falling into instead...and then you wrap up with the book's features and the CTA.

The email's starting sentence 'Did you know...?' feels rather cliche and overused.

When you start off the email with the Grandma story, try a reaction or in mid-action. Something like:

' "Wow Grandma...HOW on earth did you LOSE it all???"

I nearly shouted when I saw Grandma-- for the first time in 6 months.

"Oh my dear Fitz, you noticed?" she beamed. "Well I really wanted to lose it for the grandkids."

"Tell me more about it," I leaned in closer...

Well, if you haven't got the memo, Grandma had been fighting to lose weight for THREE years-- ever since a doctor warned her of a life-threatening heart attack if she couldn't get her kilos in order.

Trouble is..."

3. Where to get stories
Ask your client for case studies and testimonials, especially when it comes to sharing how folks used your product.
Don't make stories up-- especially when it comes to sharing results of your product!

You can use stuff like Q&A on Reddit or even news excerpts (but very time sensitive) to provide an expert opinion though.

4. Deadlines
I see it's a limited-time sale.
Would be good to specify the exact date and time of closing.

That way, late buyers won't shoot you once they miss the deadline. They can't!

5. Further readings
'How to Write a Good Advertisement' by Victor Schwab may be a good read for sales copy fundamentals, but for personality-driven emails, you should read how current email copywriters do it their way.

Many of those classic copywriting books were for a time when attention spans were longer, and products were not as saturated as today.

Check out Ben Settle's entire blog filled with his past emails...and for health-related ones, sign up for the email broadcasts from V-Shred, Steve Kamb's Nerd Fitness and Advanced Bionutritionals.

For stories, try 'Micro-Script Rules' written by Bill Schley and Donald Miller's Storybrand.

I follow these although I haven't written any health copy for years.

Read how they present their products...mirror them...and then later write your style.

Pay closer attention to how they present results...it must data and credibility-backed.

But still, if I could appreciate SOMETHING from the classical copy books...is that those ancient copywriters didn't have the Internet for research, or many easy data tracking devices. So when they wrote ads, they had to be 10X AS GOOD-- to overcome objections of any kind.
Wow, thank you so much for this.

1. Yeah my headline needs some work I heard somewhere that when you write a piece of copy you should write 10 headlines and try to pick the best one. Seeing this I can see how if it was sent my target audience would just skim by it and never open it. Those subject lines you suggested are great I'm getting more ideas just from seeing them.

2. I have seen a couple of frameworks for sales emails. You are 100% right I did mix up the order a bit I'll try that framework next time I write. Having the book reveals the unique mechanism and building more on fad diets followers is genius. And that start to an email you suggested is amazing I will try to implement putting more action, in the beginning, to draw the reader in.

3. I actually saw that the best way to find stories is from testimonials and case studies yesterday after I already finished this piece of copy. That would have been so much better I was winging it for the story the entire way through.

4. I will be more specific with deadlines.

5. I do have a separate email for joining newsletters. I am on Ben Settles's emails and Matt Furey's. Thank you for the recommendations for email broadcasts to sign up for I will sign up for those and analyze their emails. I will switch to reading Micro-Script Rules. It does seem up my alley for more personality in my emails.

Again thank you so much for your Critique and notes I really appreciate it

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What are people paying for that suggests they may pay for my services? People are always looking for and paying for copywriters, especially email copywriters, which indicates that there is a demand for my skill set in the market.
People who might pay for email copywriters might also be paying for ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, Kajabi, etc.

Today, I created an Upwork account and joined several copywriting job board Facebook groups. My goal is to find my first client through either Upwork or one of these Facebook groups.
Cool. Also think of communities for the tools people pay for. And communities where you can be a peer (feelancers, agency owners, and entrepreneurs... mich like this forum).

Join in, be a member, have fun.

Another try of making emails with ChatGPT speeds up writing emails tremendously.
Thought it might help. Jasper.ai and Copy.ai are apparently even better for copywriters.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 27

Late update but I gathered the emails of 8 different eCommerce companies and I'm going to cold-email the person in charge of marketing for each company tomorrow using Lemlist.

I interacted mostly in the all things Kajabi Facebook group today. They don't have many posts so I'm going to try to get into the official Kajabi group again. I wasn't accepted into it because I needed a Kajabi Account. So I signed up for the free trial and applied.

Last edited:

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 42

So today I spent time in the Kajabi Facebook Group and the Newsletter Discord. I also read through some of the resources in the discord and decided to make my newsletter using Beehiiv instead of ConvertKit. As I started making my Newsletter my friend found it interesting and ended up making his own along with me. So now experimenting with this is going to be a lot more fun.

My Newsletter Topic will be a student-type newsletter as I learn how to get better at storytelling and Art. I'm really interested in these topics in particular and I feel I can blend them pretty well.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 46

I spent some time in the newsletter discord and searched for more newsletter groups to join. Later on in the day I looked into the Kajabi and ActiveCampaign groups and tried to just learn and be more social in the group.

I also spent some time thinking and drafting the first piece of content I'm going to write about. Then I studied other newsletters that are doing well and analyzed how they make their newsletter entertaining and readable. But I really need to focus on getting readers or else I'll be sending emails to nobody.

I'm also sending out another cold email campaign tomorrow.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I really need to focus on getting readers or else I'll be sending emails to nobody.
While you're in groups and communities, observe what you like chatting about and helping people with. Observe especially if people start tagging you.

Consider starting a newsletter when it's likely you get 20+ subscribers just by telling people (or announcing) you started.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
But I wonder if I'm going to be able to keep coming up with ideas for a topic each week and how to plan ahead with the content for each week.
"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 54

Finished editing the welcome email and interacted with the discord today. I posted my Newsletter in the share your newsletter discord today. I'm going to continue posting on Twitter and implementing strategies to grow and reach my audience.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Day 56

I need to post on Twitter more I did one post and just went ghost for a couple of days. So I need to make sure I just take like 5 minutes out of my day and just write a quick post.
damn keep going with your consistency, i realy enjoy it to follow you.

i see that you want to grow on twitter, i can recommend you to watch this video from george ten:

he is a very successfull twitter "copywriter" with 140k follower.

you will find this valueable for sure.

Spend more time commenting than posting.

good advice.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Who already has your clients?" (Jay Abraham)

Step 1 as a service provider is to make friends, build relationships, and create win-wins.

One good relationship could blow up your business.

Case in point: I connected years ago with a guy building a Facebook Ads agency. We had a few chats and went our separate ways. We reconnected more recently and he's brought 8 new Google Ads clients to me in the last 7 days.

If you're on Twitter then the most immediate benefit is you can connect with people. Follow them, comment on their tweets, end up in DM, end up collaborating. That will bring results waaay faster than trying to post to get engagement, build an audience, and then sell to that audience.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 58

Today I spent some more time on Twitter interacting with people. From commenting and liking posts I've gotten three followers. I was a bit surprised to see that people followed me just by commenting and liking a couple of posts. I'm going to continue being friendly and active on Twitter with people.

I finished writing up the content for my first newsletter post I just need to get the formatting right.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 59

Going to be sending my first newsletter post out in the afternoon. It's not the best but it's a start I can only get better from here.

I spent the day in the Discord Newsletter and on Twitter. I made sure to interact with more people on Twitter and I now have about 5 followers on Twitter.
Consider posting weekly updates here, and focusing your energy in newsletter/copywriting communities, as well as growing your own newsletter.

If you had to make a sale this week then what would you do?

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Consider posting weekly updates here, and focusing your energy in newsletter/copywriting communities, as well as growing your own newsletter.
Yeah, I was considering posting weekly posts after I saw the value/post ratio. I'll make sure to focus on Newsletter/copywriting communities and being a peer in these groups as I grow my newsletter.

If you had to make a sale this week then what would you do?

That's a good question if I had to make a sale this week what would I do? I honestly don't know what I would do I'm still sending out cold emails. I'm still Interacting with people in groups. I think it would be to send out more cold emails and try ending up in someone Dms from the groups I participate in.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 3
Spec piece 3

Man on the brink of diabetes conquers it with crystal water

“I look like a human BOWLING BALL”

Damien said this to himself after looking in the mirror before work.

Damien was 300 pounds and struggling with his weight.

Diabetes ran in the family and he was in the danger zone.

Losing weight wasn’t a want it was a need.

He tried all the fad diets and with each one he switched to he seemed to gain more weight in the end.

He never used to be like this, when he was in high school he was a big muscular football player.

But now, after so many early morning coffee and chocolate donuts the weight started to pile on.

Damien finally had enough and searched for a diet that can actually help him.

A diet that can work for him and not lead him to have to eat weird things like keto fat bombs to lose weight.

After a week of searching, he finally found something that sounded promising.

It was a bottle with natural crystals inside that he would fill with water.

He threw away all his soda cans and only drank water from this bottle.

He thought it doesn’t taste bad and waters better for me so why not?

14 days later Damien stepped on the scale to his surprise…

He lost 10 POUNDS.

He triple-checked to make sure his eyes and the scale weren’t lying to him.

But that's not all he got a burst of energy and decided to go on a quick morning walk before work.

This later became his weight loss ritual.

His crystal water bottle and an early morning walk.

After a year he lost a total of 104 pounds.

Damien escaped the danger zone and is now a strapping 196 lb guy.

Now, Damiens's results were amazing he conquered his weight in a year, I can’t guarantee that everyone will get results like his…

But if this bottle did all of this for Damien who had to lose a huge amount of weight imagine what it could do for you!

Jenna M. Said “after my 2nd pregnancy I gained 24 extra pounds. I struggled to lose weight for 2 years until I found your crystal water bottle. After using it I lost 24 pounds in 3 months. I am now back to a size 8 and still drink out of my crystal water bottle for the extra benefits.

So what's so special about this crystal water bottle that's helping these people lose weight so fast?

It's the super crystals in the center of the bottle that helps you lose weight when mixed with water.

This unique combination of crystals has been used for decades in other cultures around the world by crystal healing experts.

So if you want to melt your weight with water go to [Link]

We are having a 30% off sale that starts January 21st and ends January 27th at 11:59 PM.

- Fitz

This Spec piece was draining to write. As I was writing this I realize more personal issues with myself and how hard I am on myself with the learning process. I tend to obsess that I should be better even though I just started. For the story, I managed to find one in the weight loss subreddit and warp it toward the email. I tried to implement more of the tips that were given to me after my first email spec piece.

I have started reading micro-script Rules to improve my storytelling.

I am struggling to find newsletters to subscribe to for my email swipe file. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 6
Spec Piece 6

Target Market 25 - 50-year-olds who want to lose weight

Offer is a Juice that is proven to help lose weight

Warm Email to Email list

A Secret Juice A day Keeps the Doctor Away

Hey Psst. Psst. Are you struggling to lose weight?

Cause I got something cool I think you’ll like.

Today it seems like everyone is struggling to lose weight.

And trust me I Know what it feels like to not want to go out in public because of the voices in your head telling you how bad you look.

Or have friends and family telling you how to lose weight when that's the last thing you want to hear.

It’s draining…

Especially when you're just trying to live YOUR LIFE.

You have responsibilities no matter what it is.

It's hard to make time for things like…

• Working Out
  • Cooking
  • Finding what foods to eat
  • Researching what diet to go on

All of these problems are hard to fix.

There are so many ways to lose weight.

But with so many choices

And then before you know it you've wasted hundreds or maybe thousands of dollars on food starting different diets.

The worst part is as your pockets get smaller your belly gets bigger.

It seems there is no end to this cruel cycle.

Which is why I’m here to give you our little secret product.

It’s a Juice!

Not apple or orange but…

A Juice we’ve been experimenting with and are finally ready to release to our loyal customers.

The Juice is a special blend of all-natural fruits and vegetables that have been proven to burn fat.

Take a look [Link]

Wizza134

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Feb 27, 2021
Day 7
Spec piece 8

Why your skin is the same as a sidewalk

Hey Fitz Here

So I've come to the realization that dry skin and sidewalks are similar.

I know sounds a bit weird but hear me out…

A sidewalk has layers just like your skin.

A sidewalk has a base layer, a subbase, and a surface layer. While your skin has layers like the epidermis, dermis, and subcutis.

One of the natural enemies of skin and sidewalks is Mother Nature.

And damn, can she be cruel!

Causing rainstorms and snowstorms to pound away at the sidewalks. And causing the cold and the harsh sun rays to dry out your skin.

Eventually, making room for fire ants and other insects to infest the cracks crawling around the sidewalk and stinging anyone with their bite that comes near.

The sting then compels your fingernails to disco dance all over the area to relieve the
itching sensation.

So here's the slight difference your skin won't sting others but will sting you instead.

Then the intense itching sensation will cause you to itch and open up more cracks and wounds on your skin.

A cruel cycle…

But as you know sidewalks and dry skin can both be repaired and maintained.

So why am I telling you all of this?

Because we have recently released our CBD Lotion formula which is perfect for repairing and maintaining your skin.

So your sidewalk-like skin can become moist and resistant to all the elements that are thrown at it.

If you are interested in our new CBD Lotion Formula go to [Link] and take a look

Fitz Oliver

Busy day today could only do one

JoshuaNimako

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 20, 2022
Day 1

Spec Piece 1

Hey Fitz Here

What's your secret?

Including…

Not the biggest reader?

-Fitz

Selling with a story can work but I was looking at this as if I was your ideal customer and I was confused with where you were going the CTA is clear and the offer was only apparent when you mentioned the book,

Have you heard of RIOA and the 5 stages of awareness?

I'm pretty new like you but you want one reader - people over 40 it was I thought this was aimed at

one idea - don't overcomplicate with different ideas decide on one major benefit (which you find through IVOC research "indirect voice of the customer"

one offer - the book

- one action click here for free 5 pages

stages of awareness google search it or read breakthrough advertising and take immediate action from what you read

just be 2 cents but well done on the consistency and keep going you'll make it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.