The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Journey Continues

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners,

As a commitment to my Fast-lane journey I will be posting weekly on what progress I am making towards my freedom and wealth.
Week 1 in summary;

I have re-read ( and actually studied/ took notes) The Millionaire Fastlane . While the first reading was inspiring, and action provoking, I am now grasping all the aspects on undertaking this journey.

I have had a conversation with one of my friends who recently attended a workshop on startups. He and his group have already come up with an idea, gathered investment and are already on their way to building a business that solves a need for the market.

I have begun getting my financial literacy in order. Taking an online course from Khan Academy on finance and capital, and will hope to finish within two weeks.

I have become part of a small start up that has put me in charge of research. Its really small but I knew nothing about business a week ago.

Goals for the coming week,

Figure out a way to make an income, most of it will involve online ventures so I can work to raise money at my own rate. This will be used to fund my Fastlane's startup phase when I do start.

Start thinking more like a producer and watch ads, to see what sells to the market. This is about mindset.

Start coming up with ideas and seeing where I stand on that front. Execution is way more important but if I can prefect the two wealth will grow at an astonishing rate.

Read 2 more books on business, This week it will be The Richest Man in Babyloan and Rich Dad poor dad. ( not to follow advice but see how these men leverage common slowlane knowledge to get rich).

Any advice is welcome and see you next week.

K.

End of Week 1- 28th July 2017

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Week 2

Hello Fastlaners,

I was unable to post on time because of computer issues but here is the update for week 2.

I read The Richest Man in Babylon as well as Rich Dad Poor dad. They have made me a little wiser, and after seeing the world with a new perspective I now realize that most people are poor because they do not know how to manage their money.

I have found a mentor who is actually running his own business and he is teaching me the ropes of what he does as well as business basics.

I have come up with three ideas thus far that I would rate 8/10. They solve needs in my region and also obey the commandments CENTS.

I have continued with my course to gain financial literacy.

I have realized that most products sold by big companies sell a feeling and not a product. Like why do people buy coke and not a more healthy drink. It seems presentation to the market is the biggest factor for any product.

I have found a hustle that I can get started with as soon as I get my laptop. I will finance the laptop with a job I will start within the next couple of weeks. Even though the pay is low o Fastlaners ($300) I need it to really get things started.

Goals for this week.

Browse the Hustling section of the forums and find something to do when I have the resources available. Most of what I've seen on there would be putting me on the same income level of engineers and doctors in my country. If I can get started then I know growth and start up capital will be raised within 6 months.

Continue coming up with more ideas. ( Feels like action faking but there is nothing else to do).

Read 4 books this week, on advertising copy and at least 1 bio/auto-bio.

Increase my Financial literacy.

Continue saving the penny as MJ advised in TMF .

Raise money to buy Unscripted .

The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds.- JFK

This statement tells me there is so much more to learn.

Hopefully there will be no delays for the weekly update this week.

Until Friday!

The journey continues.

K.

End of week 2 - 4th August 2017

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners,

Here is the update for this week.

I managed to get a better understanding of marketing and why people buy what they buy. ( P.s it is not chance).

I have continued to increase my financial literacy, now I know the basics of inflation, mortgage, taxes, and the stock market.

has been a slow week...

Anyway, I browsed the Hustling section, and Upwork seems to be a good place to start.

I already know how to do a bit of graphic design so I will start there.

All but 2 of my goals were achieved.

Goals for this week.

Do market research, and start raising capital to implement my idea. the Goal is $10 000

Continue reading and financial literacy.

Start SinisterLex's 15-day copywriting challenge.

Slow week, hopefully, there will be more to share next week.

Until then,

K.

End of week 3- 11th August 2017

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners!

With a bit of delays here is the progress for last week.

I finally have obtained my own laptop, with a small investment from my parents.

With that same investment I have gotten Wifi installed at our house.

I began SinsterLex's copy challenge. ( currently on day 2. Long story I did not have access to the forums during the week so I had to improvise ;) ).

The next couple of weeks will be critical.

I will have to provide a return on my parents investment as our deal. The investment was $500 but it has given me the tools to make money online.

I have also grown a little wiser. Instead of worrying about starting my business, it would be better I focus on the startup capital and the like.

My goal is to start my business before the years end, I want to be growing in knowledge ( and income) within the next few months.

Onto my most urgent problem.

Fastlaners I have been looking through the hustling forums, there is so much available to do. Copy-writing is what I will stick to for now.
I'm nervous as hell, I did not even know what is was a few weeks ago and soon I will be approaching clients. If you have any pointers I ask you to PLEASE SHARE THEM!

The startup goal is still 10K. This will change as I grow wiser.
Things are looking up!

I will be back Friday, to tell you how the journey is going.

K.

Week ending - 18th August 2017

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners!

It's been another good week.
Here are the updates.

I signed up for a freelance service, and got my first two gigs, I completed the first one and got my first $40 from online ventures. It's not much but it proves to me that making money online is possible. This is my first official result thus far. If I do the oher my mind will be working for me.

I begin at a small start up within the first few days ( the job previously mentioned).

Have started learning about building websites and HTML, CSS and WordPress.

These feel like big steps because they unlock the DNA for creating an income to start my Fastlane business.

Goals for this week.

Restart the 15 day copy challenge. With me getting the online gigs I had to take a break and I will start from scratch so that I learn.

Continue learning and try to launch a basic website within 2 weeks, this is not to make money as such but just to learn.

and all the basics like reading, FL and learning.

Until then,

K.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners,

It's been another week but, again progress has slowed.

What I have done,

• Created my first website, learned a bit about WordPress and SEO.
  • Done an short online course that gives a basic intro to Affiliate Marketing.

That's all, it's frustrating that I can't seem to do anything but I'm sure that will change over time.

So so fastlaners I'm going to need your help, I'll post another tread just for exposure but...

What next steps do you recommend I take?

I've done freelancing and the first week was good but now I'm not getting any gigs.
I tried Upwork but they keep rejecting my profile even when I twerk it. So I use Guru if that gives anymore information.

I still am not generating an income, what are some suggestions?
I've gone through Hustling and freelance section but I want to hear other ideas since freelancing seems to be stalling.

I would appreciate any tips you guys might have for me, because I feel stuck right now.

My goals for the week,

Just get this little thing figured out.

Learning isn't so easy huh?

Until next time
K.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
It's been a good week fastlaners.

I realized were I was making errors in my approach to this whole raising capital thing. I was thinking that I could just walk in and jobs on freelancer websites would just come to me.

Boy was I wrong.

I re-calibrated and saw that my goal is not to be a freelance god, rather I just need to learn skills that will aid me when I start up my fastlane business and make some income with said skills in the meantime.

So here is the week in review.

• I have started doing more online courses, because the amount of knowledge available is beyond anything one can imagine.
First up was a course from Edx. Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?

• I've learned market segmentation.

• I'm just about done learning HTML, now I'm moving on to CSS,following the advice from @Fox in his thread.
  • I"m continuing the 15 Day Copy course and will be done this coming week.

These are skills that I have learned, and I will begin using them to increase my ability to raise capital online as well as use them later when I launch my own website for my Fastlane business.

I've made my first WordPress Website, it's not going to be winning any awards but now I know how to build a simple website using word press.

It has been a week of learning and that is good.

My goals for this week.

My office job will begin within the next few days. They are paying me $300 a month. I have seen the results of others on the forum and this is really nothing. I hope that within a month I can match this, pay back a small loan I got to be able to work online, and create a new revenue source.

Continue learning and gaining skill sets that will be used to aid my Fastlane.

That is the update, and I'm a little wiser about a few things.

Until next week

K.

Week ending 9 September 2017

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello Fastlaners,

No major updates for this week,
  • I've learned some new skills that will aid me in the near future including
HTML5
CSS,
The bare bones of copy writing
End User profiling for your products or services (this I have already started using)
Beach head markets

i also begin work this week, after much delays. This is good as part of the work is sales and I need to learn that.
Also I now have a way to buy more online courses that can teach me what I need to know at my own pace.
Once I go through a certain one, I'm going to put my web design skills to the test by doing some work for a few businesses.

For free of course, it's all about adding value and the money follows ;)

Also I will have a way to buy UNSCRIPTED , but I want to hold that off until I actually get my FL up and running, as I read in the thread about which to read first. TMFL or UNSCRIPTED .

Goals for this week;

Continue learning,
Apply for some copy writing gigs and improve my skill set, even if I get paid a penny.

That's all I can think of for this week, but if I think of anything else I will update you all.

Until next week!

K.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
Hello fastlaners,

A good week this one has been.

I have only done two major thngs but that is all I have needed.

First I started work and realized that I will never live my dream lifestyle working for someone else.
The people I work lack vision. I think this is the single greatest disadvantage of anyone who lacks the mindset taught in TMFL (and probably UNSCRIPTED ). I'm learning new skills and this will no doubt help in the future.

Gents, the slow-lane is the second greatest deception that has ever been taught. The first is the sidewalk. You have the experiences I'm having and you grow wiser.

I'm also about 25% through through learning web design as per the udemy recommended in Fox's thread in the Hustling forums.
Feels good and I hope to get my clients soon.

I've been dropping the ball on my copy writing and, I need to get that sorted out this week. There is a Facebook group and I want to see if I can get my first gig there.

This week I just want to focus on the web design and copy writing.

In other news, the government in our country has messed up once again and we might be on the brink of another hyper-inflation incident. (If you do not know just google Zimbabwe hyper inflation and see what happens when people are financially illiterate on the national level. Imagine being a trillionaire but unable to buy a loaf of bread).

I do not know whether this will affect the internet services but, I hope not. The knowledge on this forum is literally my college education.

I hope you all can continue on your own journeys and, continue learning. Any advice you guys can throw will be appreciated.

Until next week, cheers!

K.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
It's been a long while since I updated but here I am still working on my journey.

Well over the past two years I've been slaving away at my idea trying to bring it to life.

I can safely say that the first prototype has been completed. I did a small market analysis to see if it holds up. The reaction was great and I now feel confident that this business covers all aspects of the CENTS model.

Now that product development is nearing its end I can start tying up lose ends like the packaging and design.

Once I ahve that sorted I can move to start looking for investors or trying to raise the capitial by my own means. Given the part of the world I live in V,C firms don't exist and I'd really like to keep 100% ownership until the company is making Fastlane revenue and I can save up before selling.

The other option is to start doing side hustles to fund my business. I've been trying the web design route and copy-writing route but neither have given results that I see people from other parts getting. I shall have to see how things go.

Well I'm really confident that I've created something that provides massive value to the market, but as MJ says in TMF product development is only half the battle, distribution systems is the other monster.

Well gents I shall continue to be slaving away and I will hope to update more frequently as the train continues to gather steam.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but they were laying brick every hour.

Onward.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.