The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Internet is for LOSERS!!!

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Losers.jpg

Those of us who were at the last gathering at RK's office and recording will see a certain irony in this Facebook post.
:wasntme-sign::wasntme-sign::wasntme-sign::wasntme-sign::wasntme-sign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WHOA Endicott NY!

I have a place just up from Watkins Glen by Seneca Lake. Have not made it up there yet this year.

The leaves haven't started to change yet have they lol

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
WHOA Endicott NY!

I have a place just up from Watkins Glen by Seneca Lake. Have not made it up there yet this year.

The leaves haven't started to change yet have they lol

I actually work with the mayor of Watkins Glen - a humble achievement at best.

My sister lives up in Geneva.

Leaves are actually just starting to turn yellow, here and there.

Just keep the snow away.

PS: I just noticed your IP is near Deland. My parents both lived in Crescent City, and my aunt lived in Deland. Small world.

Last edited:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
What's the incident you all talk of??

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Never thought I'd see RK hawking some weight loss product .... Guess people aren't buying the "make millions in real estate" anymore so RK decided to diversify.... Or in his own words... Deworseify.

Any interesting comments come about from that fb post?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
He might have gotten hacked.

I'm giving him way too much credit.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This looks very MLM ish to me lol. I wonder if he's having problems. Also, that domain is hideous!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Well MLM is how he started in business and how his first book was sold.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
This looks very MLM ish to me lol. I wonder if he's having problems. Also, that domain is hideous!

RK has been on the MLM slippery slope for some years now and even more so after he hooked up with The Donald. Someone needs to write an e-book entitled "When Enough is Enough" tailored specifically for those that don't know when to stop or when they are about to do harm to a good product. The coaching, up-selling, and pressure tactics make people second guess the validity of the author and product IMO.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Not of THAT incident, but he was recording a session for something that day. The whole LOSER thing wasn't recorded, unfortunately.

I think the rest was out on YouTube somewhere.

Could someone fill me in to what this LOSER thing is??

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Could someone fill me in to what this LOSER thing is??

Yea, whats this about? Can't find the video that somebody mentioned.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Yea, whats this about?

Way back in the days of old, many of us (Russ, me, snowbank, kenric, SteveO and a handful of others) used to be members of RK's RichDad.com forum. MJ used to post there, too, before striking it rich in the limo world. Prior to the B&P (an annual gathering of the folks from this forum), we used to gather at RK's offices for several days - to share information.

RK would throw a small wine gathering, and invited several of his co-authors. He was a pretty gracious host. He'd head out of town, tossing someone the keys to the building. He'd even attend a meeting or two, sharing some info with us.

One year, he had set up a recording studio. He would present keynote talks to big corporate meetings remotely from there. He also was recording videos that were available as part of his paid membership levels. We were invited to be the audience for one of those meetings.

Either before or after the recording (it's been a while), we started a little Q&A session. During it, Russ asked what many of us thought to be a good question - was there any thoughts of coming out with a Cash Flow version that dealt with asset protection? RK went off on us after that question.

He said that we were all losers for spending our days on the internet. He kept making the 'L' symbol on his forehead. He started to attack Russ verbally, asking him if he wanted to compare Balance Sheets. It went on for about 3-5 minutes. F this. F that. Losers. Losers. Losers. The internet is a waste of time. And so on.

Long and short, I think this is just how RK operates. I worked for a guy who would sit across the desk from me while he berated his restaurant managers. He'd be smiling at me (his Controller) the entire time. He felt it earned him respect.

That's what we did. We respected his opinion that the internet was for losers, in his mind. We got concerned that he would make our forum disappear. All the work that many of us had put into it would be gone, because he didn't value it. All of us shared freely over there. There were literally hundreds of threads that outlined business plans, strategies, and more. Our respect for his opinion that the internet was worthless lead us to the Fastlane.

We switched all our writing to MJ's forum - a place where we all felt welcome. I was the last holdout on RK's forum, acting as a moderator and forum administrator for a year or two after the split. Some of his employees (who shall remain nameless) even made the switch. Some are still active with the Fastlane Forum.

So, the term 'LOSER' has a special meaning for many of us. It brings back memories of a day when we lost what we considered to be a role model at the time. And it's very ironic that he is using the internet to further his business.

Last edited:

DTS Ltd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 17, 2012
One year, he had set up a recording studio. He would present keynote talks to big corporate meetings remotely from there. He also was recording videos that were available as part of his paid membership levels. We were invited to be the audience for one of those meetings.

Either before or after the recording (it's been a while), we started a little Q&A session. During it, Russ asked what many of us thought to be a good question - was there any thoughts of coming out with a Cash Flow version that dealt with asset protection? RK went off on us after that question.

He said that we were all losers for spending our days on the internet. He kept making the 'L' symbol on his forehead. He started to attack Russ verbally, asking him if he wanted to compare Balance Sheets. It went on for about 3-5 minutes. F this. F that. Losers. Losers. Losers. The internet is a waste of time. And so on.

Long and short, I think this is just how RK operates. I worked for a guy who would sit across the desk from me while he berated his restaurant managers. He'd be smiling at me (his Controller) the entire time. He felt it earned him respect.

That's what we did. We respected his opinion that the internet was for losers, in his mind. We got concerned that he would make our forum disappear. All the work that many of us had put into it would be gone, because he didn't value it. All of us shared freely over there. There were literally hundreds of threads that outlined business plans, strategies, and more. Our respect for his opinion that the internet was worthless lead us to the Fastlane.

We switched all our writing to MJ's forum - a place where we all felt welcome. I was the last holdout on RK's forum, acting as a moderator and forum administrator for a year or two after the split. Some of his employees (who shall remain nameless) even made the switch. Some are still active with the Fastlane Forum.

So, the term 'LOSER' has a special meaning for many of us. It brings back memories of a day when we lost what we considered to be a role model at the time. And it's very ironic that he is using the internet to further his business.

Wow...I had no idea that RK was such an a**hole. Good to know that there are people here with first-hand experience with someone who throws in a little bit of useful information while disguising the process that he executed that resulted in the creation of his wealth...

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WOW GREAT story BOB.

I think this shows a classical situation of fill a need and they will come.

RK was pushing internet minded guys out. MJ saw a need for an internet friendly business forum and made Fast Lane.

Same thing happened on BB.com (over 2 million forum members) They didn't want anyone to talk about prohormones. I made a forum to talk about them picked a couple guys to run/Moderate it and they kept friendly with BB.com so they could still go on there and link people to the new forum. I didn't spend more than 2 hours total on the forum. Sold it 2 years later for 5 figures for $300 investment and 2 hours of work.

DANG I wish that sort of thing jumped out at all of us every day :)

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011

That's a valid question. What about that question made him respond that way? What an a$$.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Way back in the days of old, many of us (Russ, me, snowbank, kenric, SteveO and a handful of others) used to be members of RK's RichDad.com forum. MJ used to post there, too, before striking it rich in the limo world. Prior to the B&P (an annual gathering of the folks from this forum), we used to gather at RK's offices for several days - to share information.

RK would throw a small wine gathering, and invited several of his co-authors. He was a pretty gracious host. He'd head out of town, tossing someone the keys to the building. He'd even attend a meeting or two, sharing some info with us.

Wow.

And thus, Fastlane was born! Thank you RK for being such an a**hole that you would actually lead the creation of a great community of entrepreneurs and investors. And thanks Bob for sharing that. That's pretty cool that the forum itself was founded on the very principles that the Fastlane forum and book teach.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

WOW! Thanks for sharing Bob. I knew there was a history there and a lot of you guys came over from another forum but didn't know the whole story. Very interesting.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Y'all internet people are LOOSERS! :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And thus, Fastlane was born!

Yea, part of the problem with the RD forum was that it was mostly noise and the ownership didn't care what was posted there. Politics, religion, RK is scam, "join my MLM!" turned the place into a bastion of sig-pimpers, victims of the system, trolls, and no-net-worth-know-it-alls.

I left after a spirited debate revolving around politics. Never returned.

I had no idea that RK was such an a**hole.

I've always applauded his first book (and still do) ... but as more and more came out, the coaching, the seminars, the BS, that respect was lost. As I wrote in another post somewhere, every person I know who followed a "RK Real Estate" formula has either filed bankruptcy or is "starting over." What does that say about the longevity of his RE advice? Fastlane survives any economy because money flow it is predicated on mathematics driven by needs, value, and demand.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I clearly recall that session in particular....

It was AFTER the recordings were done.

No recording equipment was on.

There are some video recordings out there where you can see Bob, me, and many others, as the audience for his videos. I remember they were on youtube.

You should have seen the faces of the RD employees after it... they couldn't find a way to apologize. Even his wife came to apologize.

We later found out that, yeah, he would do that every now and then, to try to establish authority.

The moderators in that forum had their hands tied. The forum was overrun by garbage. We all left.

I recall MJ saying his plan was never about having the forum first and the book second, but he jumped at it and that is how this forum was created.

A couple years after that incident, we found out the RD company was doing some internet business (or trying), but it seems it never worked out for them.

they were also working on some franchising, but it seems it did not work, I have not heard about that in a long time.

Later came the internal fight with the co-author (and the brains behind the company, as I understood), Sharon Lechter. Things changed a lot.

I can tell you though, his wife? Very nice lady.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
wow, thanks bob and andviv for the detailed background story. this explains a lot and most of all its very interesting to hear the story behind this great forum!

seems like that was the beginning of the end of RK? (havent read his book yet or followed any of the other RDPD stuff, but seems to be that way from reading all your comments regarding him/his business)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe the beginning of the end for RK the forum, haven't been on there in years and years, but for RK making money via books, dvds, presentations, products etc?

No way no how. IMO he will just continue to get bigger and bigger. Would not be surprised to see him on Dr Phil and/or Dr Oz in the next 2 years.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Dr Phil and/or Dr Oz

Had to google that. You have crazy shows over there (well, maybe we have sth like this here too, havent touched a TV for anything else than a good movie for about 10 years)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WOW I would say easily 35% of my income is from things I have seen on TV.

In fact if I ever meet Dr Oz I will give him a BIG kiss. One of his guests mentioned a product, we were looking to bring it out. I saw it on his show I paid the manufacturer DOUBLE the price they had given us if they could finish it in 5 days. They did and in just 3 months we sold FIVE times more of that product than and entire year of that product.

The profit on that one product paid for my VP's entire years income. And just yesterday I wrote him a bonus check for 40K.

TV has been very very good to me :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.