The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The "Inside The Mind Show" With MikeCarlooch - Marketing & Entrepreneurship

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Man.. I'm excited for this..

Glad to announce my new show INSIDE THE MIND

Over the past 8 months on the forum, I've met some really awesome people who've done some AMAZING things, and I wanted to learn more about these individuals! (even though the show will not just be people on this forum)

What is the show about?

1. Online Publicity
2. Social Media Marketing & Growth Hacking
3. Entrepreneurship

Ready to listen to the first episode?

In this first episode, @Johnny boy gave me 40 minutes of his time to talk about growing his lawn care business, building relationships on the forum, great marketing advice, and much more..

Stay tuned

SPOTIFY: Click here

-Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

Over the past 8 months on the forum, I've met some really awesome people who've done some AMAZING things, and I wanted to learn more about these individuals! (even though the show will not just be people on this forum)

What is the show about?

1. Online Publicity
3. Entrepreneurship

In this first episode, @Johnny boy gave me 40 minutes of his time to talk about growing his lawn care business, building relationships on the forum, great marketing advice, and much more..

Stay tuned

(will be available on spotify, itunes, etc soon. I'll update the thread)

-Mike

Love the thoughts about hiring.

There are definitely weird markers you can start to recognize after you interview dozens of people for the same type of position.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
536%
Apr 17, 2022
I'm astonished at the stark contrast between what an actual $500k per year business owner looks like vs. the average guru scammer that tells you to do your morning routine, eat fruit and meditate to become a millionaire.

Also Johnny is more mature than I expected. :rofl:

Edit:
Finished watching the whole thing. "Focus on fitness and dating" - legit best advice for young men, this will build up your confidence.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Love the thoughts about hiring.

There are definitely weird markers you can start to recognize after you interview dozens of people for the same type of position.
Same. One of my biggest takeaways from the interview was “be okay with f**king things up, and don’t let imperfection and complaints stop you from growing your business”

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Want to become great at communicating and building relationships with people on forums and social networks without coming across as a sleazy sales person?

Episode #2 Of Inside The Mind features @Andy Black .. This one is a GEM!

Here's just one of the gems Andy dropped on this episode:

Ready to watch / listen to the full show?

SPOTIFY: How To Sell Without Selling With Andy Black

Enjoy!

Mike

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Want to become great at communicating and building relationships with people on forums and social networks without coming across as a sleazy sales person?

Enjoy!

Mike
Lol. "How to sell without selling". Good title. Someone else in the forum said something similar before.

Thanks for having me and asking interesting questions. Some I'd never thought about before, or not articulated.

Hope it helps folks.

I'm curious what people's takeaways are, and what they'd do different going forward.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

Enjoy!

Mike
Another stellar episode from The Looch

Did anyone else notice that as the episode progressed Andy's hands became more animated.

It started with origami and finished by conducting the 1812 overture

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Another stellar episode from The Looch

Did anyone else notice that as the episode progressed Andy's hands became more animated.

It started with origami and finished by conducting the 1812 overture
Lol. I noticed that too. I think and talk better waving my hands around. Also, we finished after midnight and when I get tired I get more animated to keep myself going.

Curious if you had any aha moments. I could tell Mike had a couple when he started nodding his head and grinning. It's the same when talking to people ... you can see when something clicked with them.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Enjoy!

Mike
Noticed the 5 min video and the long video are on different YouTube channels.

Wondering if it's best you have them all on one channel, and under different playlists?
Maybe with different coloured thumbnails for the different types of videos?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Curious if you had any aha moments. I could tell Mike had a couple when he started nodding his head and grinning. It's the same when talking to people ... you can see when something clicked with them.
Yep ! I'm about to bump your diesel and coffee thread, I've never understood it until yesterday

Noticed the 5 min video and the long video are on different YouTube channels.

Wondering if it's best you have them all on one channel, and under different playlists?
Maybe with different coloured thumbnails for the different types of videos?
Yes.. What seems to be the best is the joe rogan style green clips, I just remembered that. When his podcast was on youtube, I believe he did both his podcast and clips on the same channel. I might be wrong though

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've watched back some of our chat.

Thoughts:
  1. You're a very good interviewer Mike. You had prepared and asked good questions, and you let guests talk. You're clearly paying attention and trying to understand too, and you ask clarifying questions along the way.
  2. The format of showing both people at the same time is really good. My Zoom recordings are all of one speaker at a time. When I'm watching back I'm watching you to see when you get an aha moment. That would be lost if only the speaker was talking.
  3. The short you extracted was just an extract. You didn't edit it down. I like that. When I extracted parts out of longer videos I tried to then tidy up the video to make it under 60s... and it took AGES. I may reconsider extracting sections from my longer videos and posting as is.

For the folks who watch the video. Don't just watch me (waving my hands around). Watch for when Mike's head starts nodding, or he sits back grinning, or shuffles in his seat because he's just had an aha moment. Keep an eye out for when you give people aha moments - and figure out what it was that did it, and if you can replicate it for someone else, and then replicate it at scale.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
I've watched back some of our chat.

Thoughts:
  1. You're a very good interviewer Mike. You had prepared and asked good questions, and you let someone talk. You're clearly paying attention and trying to understand too, and you ask clarifying questions along the way.
Thanks Andy! The truth is I’ve consumed so much of your posts that I didn’t even prepare questions haha, this was stuff I’ve been wanting to ask you for a while

The format of showing both people at the same time is really good. My Zoom recordings are all of one speaker at a time. When I'm watching back I'm watching you to see when you get an aha moment. That would be lost if only the speaker was talking.

Agreed!

1. The short you extracted was just an extract. You didn't edit it down. I like that. When I extracted parts out of longer videos I tried to then tidy up the video to make it under 60s... and it took AGES. I may reconsider extracting sections from my longer videos and posting as is.
Yes the reason i actually did that is because I think people here on the forum have a better attention span than scrollers on social media, and are more willing to watch

For the folks who watch the video. Don't just watch me (waving my hands around). Watch for when Mike's head starts nodding, or he sits back grinning, or shuffles in his seat because he's just had an aha moment. Keep an eye out for when you give people aha moments - and figure out what it was that did it, and if you can replicate it for someone else, and then replicate it at scale.
I was going to message you today and tell you if you made your diesel and coffee framework into a course, I would be interested in learning the technical side of everything. That was a real aha moment for me

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was going to message you today and tell you if you made your diesel and coffee framework into a course, I would be interested in learning the technical side of everything. That was a real aha moment for me
Interesting. In our chat I was even wondering what free lead magnet to create for people. The aha moments you got around that part of our chat, and the aha moments @xShepherdx got in our chat, makes me think it's to do with how I help people and sell without selling.

This is exactly the sort of feedback people should look out for and that I also mentioned in our chat. They're "shut up and take my money" moments.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO

What is the show about?

1. Online Publicity
3. Entrepreneurship

Stay tuned

SPOTIFY: Click here

-Mike
Awesome, just subscribed to your YouTube channel

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
In this episode I speak with @Kak of the Kyle Keegan Radio Show! You do NOT want to miss this one.. Kyle talks about his journey in entrepreneurship, how to make stuff happen using your phone, thinking BIGGER, great advice to new entrepreneurs, and SO MUCH MORE!

Here's a GEM Clip:

Ready to watch the full show?

SPOTIFY: Life, Liberty, and Entrepreneurship With Kyle Keegan

ENJOY !

Mike

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
In this episode I speak with @Kak of the Kyle Keegan Radio Show! You do NOT want to miss this one.. Kyle talks about his journey in entrepreneurship, how to make stuff happen using your phone, thinking BIGGER, great advice to new entrepreneurs, and SO MUCH MORE!

Here's a GEM Clip:

ENJOY !

Mike
Just subscribed to your channel. Keep it going!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018

Here's a GEM Clip:

ENJOY !

Mike
Kyle, you look so young for an old man wisdom bombs. :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Here's a GEM Clip:

ENJOY !

Mike
Nice man! Already up.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018
@Kak great job answering all Mike’s questions. Seriously gold info on how to use your phone and get past the gatekeepers to the CEOs.

I do think you need to expand on education. I’ve listened to your show a lot, I know what you mean but new listeners here may misunderstand your message.

You know my view: formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.

Please post some more comments here and expand on what you said about college.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak great job answering all Mike’s questions. Seriously gold info on how to use your phone and get past the gatekeepers to the CEOs.

I do think you need to expand on education. I’ve listened to your show a lot, I know what you mean but new listeners here may misunderstand your message.

You know my view: formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.

Please post some more comments here and expand on what you said about college.
Yes. Exactly.

Education is absolutely paramount. You need to be a polished person of excellence and always striving for more. I believe being a successful entrepreneur requires a deep thirst for more education.

That said, is learning some accounting methods, business law, and technical finance stuff worth tens perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars? No, but you still need to know the stuff.

I am a “student” forever. Books are my favorite, but people find value in other stuff. If I was 18 again, I’d be looking for an apprenticeship with someone swinging for the fences like @Antifragile and spending my spare time self-educating the technical parts of business… Like accounting, business law, finance, and communication.

Let me make this simple. No one has ever tried to qualify me by asking if I have a formal college degree, but they didn’t have to ask. You should have way more than an MBA in your head, and if you don’t, it should be one of your top priorities.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Yes. Exactly.

Education is absolutely paramount. You need to be a polished person of excellence and always striving for more. I believe being a successful entrepreneur requires a deep thirst for more education.

That said, is learning some accounting methods, business law, and technical finance stuff worth tens perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars? No, but you still need to know the stuff.

I am a “student” forever. Books are my favorite, but people find value in other stuff. If I was 18 again, I’d be looking for an apprenticeship with someone swinging for the fences like @Antifragile and spending my spare time self-educating the technical parts of business… Like accounting, business law, finance, and communication.

Let me make this simple. No one has ever tried to qualify me by asking if I have a formal college degree, but they didn’t have to ask. You should have way more than an MBA in your head, and if you don’t it should be one of your top priorities.
Question on this

If someone is 18 like you said and they have no one around them, no connections etc and want to become an apprentice for a big player who is already successful, such as yourself.. let's say someone like that came to you and wanted to be YOUR apprentice. Under what circumstances would you agree to have them onboard and teach them what you know, like what would that person need to do in order to get that attention, especially since successful people running businesses need as much time as they can get (from what I've heard)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Question on this

If someone is 18 like you said and they have no one around them, no connections etc and want to become an apprentice for a big player who is already successful, such as yourself.. let's say someone like that came to you and wanted to be YOUR apprentice. Under what circumstances would you agree to have them onboard and teach them what you know, like what would that person need to do in order to get that attention, especially since successful people running businesses need as much time as they can get (from what I've heard)
I think my primary concern would be having to babysit someone. What I would want to see in someone is a willingness to be a fly on the wall, look professional doing it, and not get in the way. I don’t want to constantly have to find ways to entertain someone, I’d want to go about my business and allow my apprentice to observe and ask questions later. Finally, I’d want them to provide some kind of value to me, whether it be scheduling appointments, writing emails, or driving my truck, just making my life easier. They need to be a solid gain on my life instead of a consumer of my time.

Would I pay? Yeah probably. More like a cash tipping situation. I’d expect whoever shadows me to be willing to make sacrifices to be there, even if that means working nights, hustling a service business, or a second job to make their time there work. That’s not for me, that’s for them. Making sacrifices for something they want makes it more important to them.

Do I have this opportunity available right now? No. I don’t feel like there’s enough action every day to teach what I’d want them to learn. I don’t need a homeschool student. I’d need a value adding, go getting, super smart, self sufficient, do what it takes attitude that learns from doing and values experience over all.

I have had periods of time where my work days would be highly valuable and entertaining to an apprentice, and periods of time where an apprentice would be bored to death. Personally, I’d aim higher than me for now.

Again, it’s case building. Build a case that you’re not just a lead weight added to their day. Convince them it’s a brilliant idea to have you around. Offer any and all value you can for only chance to learn. Remember school is expensive and you’re literally paying an institution so you can work, free is a bargain by comparison.

Last edited:

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Hi Mike, great content and work you're doing. Is it possible to add a link to the full video within the comment section of the shorts and pin that comment?

I'm thinking that would help people who'll like to see the entire clip from the shorts you're sharing

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@mikecarlooch... we discussed this in our chat.

Say you wanted to get on Kyle's radar to work *with* him.

Don't ask "How can I help you?" ... that's making Kyle think or ask what you can do for him. He's going to say No.

Notice how his main issue with taking someone on is they'll take up his time. Time is the most precious asset for business owners.

So turn it on its head. How can you save Kyle time and help him get what he wants?

What does he want? Is there anything close to his heart you can help him with that you don't need permission to help him with?

What about creating 3 TikToks/YouTube Shorts from his podcast? What about taking 3 video clips from his chat with you and adding your magic and giving them to him with instructions on how to upload to TikTok, YouTube, Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, LinkedIn, etc?

Be a person of value.

Show, don't tell your value.

Don't ask for permission. JDI

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!