The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Hero's Journey - Heaven, Elysium, Valhalla on Earth

Anything related to matters of the mind

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
A corollary to the FTE (F*ck This Event) thread.

I'm a big fan of Joseph Campbell and the The Hero with a Thousand Faces.
He deconstructs myth and lore to show that the Hero's Journey follows a certain pattern.
Think of Odysseus and his long journey back home.

We see this pattern in modern epics such as Star Wars, the Matrix, and Gladiator.
These heroes are usually depicted with a mission to restore order and grand vision to return to a peaceful family and home.

There are scenes in Gladiator where Maximus has visions of himself at his home and in the fields with his long deceased wife and kid, in order to get himself through his injuries and battles.

From what I remember, he kept referring to Elysium.
  1. What movie do you play in your mind to motivate yourself after painful mistakes and setbacks?
  2. What future do you envision?
  3. What is your version of Heaven, Elysium, or Valhalla on Earth?
  • I picture a house by the lake with a fire pit and big barbeque smoker for making brisket low and slow.
  • I see a Corgis, Huskies, and lots of rescue puppies dancing and barking for my divinely inspired brisket.
  • My wife and kids are there too (even though I’m too busy to have a relationship right now).
  • My daughter is on my back like a monkey, grabbing my beck, and is unknowingly choking me out.
    • (Good, I hope she chokes out any creeper that she comes across when she gets older).
  • My son is latched onto my leg and is using my foot as a seat.
    • (That means he wants me to walk around while he acts as a weighted boot to play and to test my strength).
  • The brisket is ready now…time to eat, listen to some evening jams, and make sure everyone is taken care of...
  • No one will go hungry, the lights will stay on, and we will have a peaceful home
Back to work, back to the arena...I'm still fighting.

Friday night and I'm still in the flow.

Thanks for reading FLF - the Entrepreneur with a Thousand Faces

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
When the ancient gladiators of the Colosseum engaged in battle against man, lion, or bear, surely the most successful were not pondering their Valhalla or Heaven. Such was left for the poor philosopher, living under a tree. Are you in the Colosseum fighting for your fastlane, in the crowds spending their money for the entertainment of movies and Colosseum fights, or the sidewalker under the tree dreaming of Valhalla?

This is a closer corollary to the lambo color thread than a FTE.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
When the ancient gladiators of the Colosseum engaged in battle against man, lion, or bear, surely the most successful were not pondering their Valhalla or Heaven. Such was left for the poor philosopher, living under a tree. Are you in the Colosseum fighting for your fastlane, in the crowds spending their money for the entertainment of movies and Colosseum fights, or the sidewalker under the tree dreaming of Valhalla?

This is a closer corollary to the lambo color thread than a FTE.
  • I think you are misunderstanding me or missing the forest for the trees.
  • Usually, when people have a FTE it is closely followed by a mission and vision, and they seek a better life.
  • No one said to spend money opulently or dream under a tree all the time like some feel good hippie.
    • That is jumping to a wild conclusion.
  • A dream without work is just a fantasy, but work without a dream is misery.
  • I'm simply asking people what their vision for their future is and what keeps them motivated as a natural next step to their FTE.
    • I used this usage, corollary - a natural consequence or result
  • Breathe and dream with me for a moment, BUT not longer than that. ;)

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Condo on the beach.... Cabin in the mountains.... Large RV

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.