The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital Marketing Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 16/10/22
Kind of embarrassed to post this, but I did nothing this week. I got very focused on a programming assignment for university and did not really do anything else for the whole week :(.

The only failed journey is the one we give up on. I will post something more of use next week!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 22/10/22
The final week of the exam. Looking forward to wrapping it up and getting my focus back here.

This week I had a call with a potential client who wants a personal website. She seemed interested in paying and I worked hard to find her core problems and offer solutions to them. I have sent her a proposal that summarizes our call, and her problems and has a price quote.

Also, I have scheduled another call for tomorrow with another potential client. Let's see how it goes.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 31/10/22
I am still here, hehe!

Exams and assignments went well. Now it's time to grind on web design.

So, over the past week, I managed to convert both potential clients into actual clients! However, I don't want to celebrate too early, as they have not signed the contract yet.

How did I do this? Pricing myself quite cheaply.

I am currently going to charge both of them 325 euros for their websites. Therefore, in total, I will make about 650 euros. Although I know I should charge more, getting some money into my pocket is going to motivate me to continue doing this.

It's almost 3 months into this journey, so I have been craving some success.

Anyways, enough of this mental chit-chat, I will update you all next week with how stuff goes.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 05/10/22

Had a creative meeting with client #6 (paid one) about what she wants on her website. Looking forward to getting that started.

Client #7 (the other paid one) signed the contract that I sent to her. So it looks like we really starting officially! I am going to have a creative meeting with her soon as well :)

I have also been prospecting with some clients. One client has said he wants to start but needs to spend some time to get everything sorted. Let's see how that goes.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 12/10/22

Continuing to build the website for client #7. Not anything crazy.

Last edited:

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 19/10/22
Almost wrapped up the website for client #7.

Client #6 is very headstrong about the exact aesthetics that she wants on her website, so I am stuck having meetings with her for more clarifications. If this continues like this, I will just move on from her.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 26/10/22
In terms of productivity, this week was very poor. A combination of the World Cup and mid-term exams derailed my website-making goals.

On the bright side, I finally wrapped up a contract with client #6 for 325$.

On to December!

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 03/12/22
This week went well. Put in about 2 hours a day every day. Here is what I accomplished:
  1. Finished and submitted website for client #7.
  2. Starting website of client #6
  3. Client #5 (the lawyer) gave me feedback on the draft website I had delivered in the summer. Anyways, I improved on his input, and let's see what he says (hope he responds quickly this time). In our most recent convo, he also mentioned more projects he has, so let's see about that.
  4. Client #4 (apartment owner) has bought a domain and wants me to transfer the current finished website into her domain. So this will be another officially completed project. Let's see how this goes.
The upcoming week will become busy with a couple of personal things, but I will try to continue working on this!

Last edited:

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 07/01/2023

Happy New Year, everyone.

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past week; I had a short mental phase.

The following has been done in the past month (not a lot, but slowly making progress):

1. The website for the baby shop, which was a paid client, has been completed, and all the feedback has been implemented. I have also provided her with a long-term SEO plan, hoping she gets some results. I will keep following up with her and help her get the benefits.
  2. I finished the website for client #7 - the creative strategist - and she provided minor feedback to improve the website.
  3. I uploaded the websites for client #2 - the interior architect - and client #4 - the apartment owner - onto their domains. These projects are officially done.
  4. Created my portfolio with the websites completed and published so far.
  5. I posted in about 30 Facebook groups as I am searching for new clients now. I managed to get about 4 leads, out of which I sent a proposal to two of them. I am now aiming to 3x my price point to about 950 euros per website.
Now that I have officially published my first 5 websites, I have realized something. When making websites, graphics and all those cute stuff do not matter. What matters is improving sales for the clients. This is where the real value is provided. A few websites that have provided immense value to the clients will be a great stepping stone to improving my price point.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 14/01/2023

Decent week; the last half of the week was filled with action-faking. We are reaching 6 months into this project, and I need to do something to take it to the next level; I am tired of being in this state of 25% effort only.

1. Baby Shop and Creative Strategists have some more changes they want to implement. So I am working on that with them.
  2. One of my proposals got rejected as they did not have any money. I tried negotiating with them, but they did not have any money.
  3. I have not gotten any other responses from the other proposals.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
All right, I will stop updating this thread now.

I am quitting this journey because I have realized that I need to find places where I can create value or work towards creating a solid offer.

My next journey will be on a similar path (online marketing), but it will be more value-focused.

Most importantly, I want to start from a clean slate. But this does not mean that I am starting from 0 again. I have learned quite a few skills and developed a decent understanding of what I need to do.

I will add a link to my next thread here soon: Link

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.