The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital Marketing Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
About a week ago (22/07/2022), I took a leap of faith and bought @Fox's course on web design.

I thought it would be quite cool to capture my successes and failures. Also, it would be a way to give back to the community as I have been simply consuming without producing for a long time.

Goals (End of 2022)​

1. Get 2,000 euros per month. This would be enough to move out of my parent's house.

What I have done so far​

1. I reached out to my local Facebook group with an offer to design a website for free. Out of about 30 messages, about 7 clients have the passion, interest and solid business ideas I am looking for.
  2. Started designing a website for my first - free - client. As a Computer Science student, I have some experience with coding, so I have chosen to modify an HTML template for this client.

Thread update frequency​

1. About once every 2-4 days; or earlier if I feel like it.

Notes to myself​

1. Stop going back to the drawing board at the first sign of a hurdle; push through it.
  2. Seek discomfort, failures and provide immense values.
Good luck everyone and let's get these dubs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 29/07/2022
  1. I am almost about to finish the website for client #1. It is not a web-design-masterclass, but I think it meets all the functionaries set by her. For those interested, client #1 is a wedding card print service in Indonesia. They seem to be popular and have about 13k followers on Instagram.
  2. HTML templates are not very efficient. I have dedicated about 20 hours and 21 euros to this website now. Luckily I have summer vacation or else I would have been very pissed at myself. My following website will have to be with some other tool.

Last edited:

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 01/08/2022
  1. Finished website for client #1. She said she wanted some revisions, so I will work on that now.
  2. Started website for client #2. Learning from past lessons, I have picked up Webflow. Although it seems easier, making the website responsive is super annoying as the elements keep moving around. For those interested, client #2 is wanting a landing page for a tea product. I think I can get quite good results from this as the tea itself has a great story and he has also hired a top-level marketer to promote the product.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
These updates are good, keep 'em coming. I hated HTML templates and gave up for a while. I'm interested to hear if you find a good work around.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
They are so time-consuming! Did you get back to ever using them again?
Nope. Not to be discouraging but I don't need the money I'm just sick to fekking death of ugly websites and "easy builders" that create lag and screw your SEO so I keep circling around this idea of just building them myself for ppl I love. But I suck at code.. so.. much.. ugh. Takes me forever. Basically I just commented so I wouldn't lose your thread. Also, you have sales skills so I'm fairly certain by next year you'll be making 10k a month.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Nope. Not to be discouraging but I don't need the money I'm just sick to fekking death of ugly websites and "easy builders" that create lag and screw your SEO so I keep circling around this idea of just building them myself for ppl I love. But I suck at code.. so.. much.. ugh. Takes me forever. Basically I just commented so I wouldn't lose your thread. Also, you have sales skills so I'm fairly certain by next year you'll be making 10k a month.
Thanks for the words of confidence :)

In regards to your message, I agree with what you are saying. I have a friend who is trying to do SEO for a client that has their website on Wix and it is a NIGHTMARE.

On the other hand, I don't think there is any harm in using some website builders. As long as it solves a problem, looks neat and is SEO compatible, I say why not?

Also, coding can be quite annoying to learn, I feel you. If you are ever stuck on a bug or need some extra hands, I am always down to help you out quickly via Zoom/Google hangout or smth.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 05/08/2022
  1. Finished revised website for client #1. I still stand by my point that HTML templates are like a black hole - they will just suck your time.
  2. Finished the initial version of the website for client #2. I first created it on Webflow. However, I really struggled with making it responsive on all devices. I almost started missing HTML templates, but then I started over again on WordPress. I tried Elementor (and found it annoying), so I stuck to my previous WP stack of Betheme + Bebuilder. After 1.5 hours of setup, the website was then finished in 3 hours.
  3. Talking to some new clients on the side. Most of my traffic is still coming from that Facebook post on the local group. One of these clients wants to transform an Adobe XD design into a website and he is willing to pay. However, after having consulted the experts in Fox's program, I am on the mind of skipping this project. The reason is that I am not solving any real problems, nor getting real results that I can showcase in the future. Nevertheless, I have messaged this client for a call/meet-up. My aim is to really understand his problem and see how I can serve him the best.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 08/08/2022

Productivity has been very low as I have been hit with heavy migraine attacks. The only time I feel relieved is when my eyes are closed and I am lying motionless in bed. Nevertheless, the show must go on.

1. Secured my first paid client over the weekend! I mentioned him in point #3 in my previous post. After consulting with the FWL Facebook group, I decided to charge him the biggest number in my mind, which was €850. However, he said his budget was €1000 and he was willing to give it all to me! This project will start at the end of this month.
  2. Almost secured my second paid client too. She owns a consulting firm that wants to redesign a single aspect of the website. The budget is €1000. Unfortunately, she wants a designer that is officially registered with the chambers of commerce in my country (for tax benefits apparently). Unfortunately, I have not done this. The registration is time-consuming and will drain my money at this moment. Most likely I am losing this one...
  3. I finished the initial version of the website for client #3. She is an interior designer. I don't know about this project as she is just starting out and I doubt I can get very good results/provide any real value from her website. Nevertheless, using WP + Betheme, the website was done in about 4 hours. Let's see what she says.
  4. Client #1 has come back with another round of feedback. I feel like she is really abusing her position of my free offer. She also seems to want some complex CRM system installed. I plan on incorporating the basic stuff, but then I will have a call with about the CRM stuff. It is too time-consuming for no money.
  5. Client #2 has gone AFK after I delivered him his landing page. And the next thing I see is that he has incorporated half the things on the landing page on his own website. Incredible. I have his address and have half the mind to show up at his door and give him a good earful.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 11/08/2022
Migraine hit the worst a few days ago and productivity was brought to a standstill. Now I am recovering and looking to start pushing again.
  1. Finished website for client #4. She owns an apartment in Spain and wants to showcase the design. Again, this is perhaps not the best client for me to take as the results gained are not too great. However, I committed a while back and I like sticking to my words.
  2. Set some boundaries with client #1 as she was asking for too many revisions. However, this project will continue to take some time to finalize.
  3. Client #2 and #3 are now both AFK. I am pushing/calling them every 2-3 days for feedback on the website I did for them. Once again, this really drills into me now @Fox 's message about choosing good clients!

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 15/08/2022
  1. Finished website for client #5. He owns a law firm and wanted to make his website more professional. This one was free as well.
  2. Finalised revisions for client #1. Now I am ready to upload it to her Cpanel and create a small tutorial on how she can edit the website in the future.
  3. Built my website and email. I had the urge to spend hours on this stuff, but I realised that this is just action faking. I have kept the website quite simple and mainly highlighted the results I have gotten my clients so far. Admittedly, I have no concrete results (yet); however, I am still going to try and truthfully market myself.
  4. Starting my Sales process. The temptation to just take a few days off to learn is very great - especially with all the content out there. However, I am an action-taker now. Today I joined some more local Facebook groups and promoted my stuff. I am now going to focus on providing value to these groups and promoting them again every month.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 18/08/22

Production

1. Finished website for client #6. He is an astronomer. Once again, this project will not get me many results; nevertheless, I am committed to him and will deliver him excellence.
  2. Client #3 (the interior architect) wanted tons of revision. I am about 95% done with this.
  3. I am following up with all other clients to get my projects uploaded to their websites.
Sales
  1. I have to admit that I have done some action faking here. I got caught up in researching so many sales strategies: cold calls, cold emails, Facebook outreach, social media, etc. In the end, I decided to commit to 2 sales strategies: Cold email and Facebook groups (I chose these two in particular as a leap of faith than any rational reason). My main time will be dedicated to cold emails with about 20 minutes a day on local Facebook groups.
  2. Joined 10 local Facebook groups and I am providing value/interacting every 2-3 days on each group.
  3. Scheduled to send about 50 personalized cold emails with 2 automated follow-ups per person. For the emails, I am currently using some of my copywriting experience in combination with some templates found in the FWL Facebook group (see an example email in the next post). I have bought a new email domain and am warming the email up using warmupinbox. I am sending the emails using saleshandy with a current limit on sending 10-15 of those personalized emails per day maximum.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Personalized Email Example
Cathy,

I was very impressed by your podcast with Mike on the Managing Partners Show!

My name is Shreyas, and I recently helped a law firm that is similar to yours (InterTax) gain more clients by improving their digital funnel and visibility.

Would it make sense to talk sometime this week to see if I can do the same for you?

Take care,
Shreyas
------------------------------
Note: Although I work with InterTax trade, I have not even fully published their updated website yet. I just ripped off what the owner once implied about the value of their website and how it's getting them more sales. I have done six projects with none of them having concrete results (yet), so I have to find a way to sell myself...

Let me know if anyone else has done something similar.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 22/08/22
Production
  1. Finished revisions for client #3. She sent back more revisions, so I am going to do that.
  2. Client #1 just provided me with details of her hosting. So I am going to go and upload that.
  3. Client #6 already made his own website, so my website was a bit redundant. Nevertheless, he used some of my website features on his website. Furthermore, he asked me to do some formatting on his website, which I did.
Sales
  1. The 50 cold emails were shite. Here are the results:
Email One: 1661190477590.png

Follow-up: 1661190526707.png

Some more emails are scheduled; however, I deleted all follow-ups of follow-ups. I find that this method of cold email with pure text feels very scammy and does not follow the principle of providing value first. My new sales method will be to create a genuine video audit and attach it to the email.​
  1. It took me a while to set up the process for making these videos. However, currently, it is as follows: Record video using Bandicam > Bulk edit (add intro and outro) using Wondershare Converter > Upload as unlisted on Youtube > Copy the Youtube link into each client's data in CRM > Send cold emails containing link of Youtube video
  2. Finished 26 videos. I have scheduled to send them with 4 automated follow-ups using SalesHandy.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
2. Almost secured my second paid client too. She owns a consulting firm that wants to redesign a single aspect of the website. The budget is €1000. Unfortunately, she wants a designer that is officially registered with the chambers of commerce in my country (for tax benefits apparently). Unfortunately, I have not done this. The registration is time-consuming and will drain my money at this moment. Most likely I am losing this one...

Can you find a web designer that is registered then refer this business to them? You could take a nice 200-300 euro referral fee.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Can you find a web designer that is registered then refer this business to them? You could take a nice 200-300 euro referral fee.
Sometimes my brain just shuts down an opportunity at the first sign of a hurdle.

This is such a good idea. Thanks, @JordanK! Unfortunately (but understandably), the client has already found a web designer.

On a side note, do you think Conor will ever return to the octagon?

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 25/08/22
Sales
  1. After making my 87th video, I realised that this video-making strategy is not going anywhere:
1661436416419.png
Note: 23 videos are still scheduled to be sent. However, I doubt any results will come based on the current direction.

I did vary the cold emails containing the above videos; however, I think many business owners are not interested in having a new website. I need to use my time more efficiently.
  1. I have taken a step back and decided to learn a bit more about cold emailing. I sent about 25 personalised emails today in a new format. Have a look at the next post.
  2. It is a very thin line between planning and action-taking. I think I have gone too much into the latter. I am now in the market like a headless chicken, just reaching out to people without a concrete strategy or purpose. So I will take a step back today and plan a bit. To not waste hours of my time planning (as I tend to do), below are the few key questions/pointers I will aim to cover:
  • Are cold emailing and Facebook outreach the best and most effective ways to reach clients?
  • What niche should I enter (or is it worth entering a niche?)
  • When should I reflect on my outreach strategy and when should I push through with the strategy regardless of doubts?
  • For my chosen outreach method, how many should I do per day and when should I reflect on how to improve this outreach method?

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
New mail template (~ 2.5 hours of research into Cold Email Techniques so far)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey {{First Name}},

Very impressed by {{Impressed by }}

My name is Shreyas, and I help lawyers fill their calendars with billable hours by improving their websites using a result-driven marketing framework.

I have a few proven suggestions that could help your website. Can I send you a quick 3-minute YouTube video I made for {{Company}} to explain these ideas?

I also guarantee my work. If I don't deliver to your satisfaction, I'll buy you a billboard.

Take Care,
Shreyas

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 28/08/22
Productivity has dipped slightly. I think it is just a natural drop and will get back in a day or two.

Production
  1. Having some minor domain issues with client #1, but I have set up the hosting now. I think we are in the final stages of it finally going live.
  2. Wrapped up revisions for client #3. I think this site will also be going live soon.
  3. Client #4 finally provided some feedback, so I will now start adding that to the website.
Sales
  1. I spent about 2 hours planning my sales strategy. Now I have a clear direction of where to go now. Rather than saying it, I will take action, and you guys will see.
  2. Finished all the lead generation for the upcoming week. Now it's time to perform some outreach.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 31/08/22

Productivity is back!

Production
  1. Since I have no work in my pipeline right now, I have taken a graphic design course to understand more about making attractive websites. The course is short (I am about 20% done), and I hope to take the advice and implement it into my portfolio.
  2. Had a conversation with a web designer making $10k per month. He told me to create a portfolio as that has really helped him. He said to keep implementing all the new learnings into your portfolio. Taking his advice, I have created a portfolio to implement my design practices. Spent a decent chunk of time on this, but I think it will pay back in the future (see next paragraph ;)).
Sales
  1. You know that client who had committed to the 1000 euro website? Well, he pulled out because one of his clients pulled out. Quite devastating as he was going to be my first paid project. Oh well...
  2. As mentioned in the previous threads, I have been building relationships/providing value in Facebook groups. Well, last weekend, I cashed in those relationships by making a post about offering cheap websites to local businesses. I know I should not offer cheap websites, but honestly, I need to see some progress. Furthermore, I hope to deliver excellent results so that I can actually get some word-of-mouth thing going on to get new business.
  3. Continuing from point 2, I posted in about 10 Facebook groups and received tons of positive support. For those who were interested in getting a website, I asked them for a sales call to go through what their main problem is and how I can help them the most.
  4. Finished about 5 sales call so far. I realised these calls are a skill and it takes a lot of practice. One person pulled out. The rest are still "thinking about it". I am somewhere between pessimism and optimism.
  5. Sent 45 more personalised cold emails (only 2 negative responses so far). I have to fix those emails and try another approach.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Thread Update
For those who have been reading so far, thanks! It means a lot; sometimes, this journey is a bit lonely.

This is just a post to let you know that I will be changing my update frequency to just once a week. It will most likely be posted during the weekend.

Summer vacation is over, and it is time to begin university again. At the same time, I will be taking up a part-time Teaching Assitant (TA) job and enrol in the honours program.

I have realised that this may be more than I can chew when the web design business is added to the equation. Nevertheless, the TA job ends on 1st November.

I will try my hardest to get some execution per week.

Although I got no results this summer, I know that I am building towards something. I don't know what it is. Also, the skills developed (negotiation, sales calls and prospecting) will be helpful in the future...

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 03/08/22
Sales
  1. Over the past few days, I have had at least five more sales conversations. Honestly, I realised that sales are not just prospecting; the sales convo is equally as important. Fox provides the framework for the sales calls. I make sure to come in with a positive mindset and use the framework to help the potential client as much as possible.
  2. Reception to the sales convo has been positive; I have sent out detailed proposals with my priced offer for making their websites.
  3. Applied to about 15-20 more local Facebook groups.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 11/08/22
University and part-time jobs have started, therefore stuff has slowed down in the Fastlane department. Nevertheless, I am trying to work whenever I have time. Onto what I did this week:
  1. At least four potential clients agreed to a website (via phone), and I then sent them my proposal. These clients are now not responding to my messages. I have taken a week's break from follow-ups (to avoid looking like a spammer) and will give them a call this week.
  2. Doubling down on Facebook Group prospecting seems to get me some results. I joined about 20 new local groups, and I am trying to provide value/interaction. Around late September, I will cash in the relationships (like done before) and see the results.
  3. I hate to say it, but the cold emails from me have paused right now. Most prospecting on a daily basis (about 30 minutes per day) is now via Facebook. I will try to see if there will be a way to add cold emails back into my daily grind.
  4. Client #3 is also very busy as she is not responding to my messages. We are finally uploading the website to her domain, so let's see how this goes.
  5. Client #4 has provided some feedback on the website, so I am working on revising that.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
Although I got no results this summer, I know that I am building towards something. I don't know what it is. Also, the skills developed (negotiation, sales calls and prospecting) will be helpful in the future...
Dude you didn’t make any money…

You F*cking made over 5 websites for clients! You’re in the beginning stages. You’re almost there man, you’re right there. Once you get your first paid job, you are going to realize it is much easier than you’re making it.

I know you don’t like the cold emails, but cold sales is always an avenue for new businesses. You are smart to use the Facebook groups as much as you do.

When I first started it took me 250-500 fliers I dropped at houses, a trade show, and a more to get my first few clients. It’s a numbers game.

Once you get your first paid client, see how many outreaches, opens, emails, responses, follow ups, etc. it took for you to get one client.

You got a ton of results. Keep busting a$$ and hustling bro!

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Dude you didn’t make any money…

You F*cking made over 5 websites for clients! You’re in the beginning stages. You’re almost there man, you’re right there. Once you get your first paid job, you are going to realize it is much easier than you’re making it.

I know you don’t like the cold emails, but cold sales is always an avenue for new businesses. You are smart to use the Facebook groups as much as you do.

When I first started it took me 250-500 fliers I dropped at houses, a trade show, and a more to get my first few clients. It’s a numbers game.

Once you get your first paid client, see how many outreaches, opens, emails, responses, follow ups, etc. it took for you to get one client.

You got a ton of results. Keep busting a$$ and hustling bro!
Thanks, man; it means a lot for your encouragement; you made my day!

Your advice on "it's a number game" resonated with me. I will be a bit more aggressive, especially with cold emails.

Time to hustle!

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 17/09/22
Things are REALLY getting busy with university, honours courses and my part-time job. Therefore, regarding web design, my current aim is to make some time each day and just execute a little. Somedays, I can only commit 30 minutes, but little is better than none.

My part-time job finishes end of October; I can then have some more time to dedicate to this pursuit.

For this week, the following was done:
  • A lady on Facebook wanted some help with WP maintenance. So I organized a free call with her to teach her how to do basic website maintenance. During the call, she tried changing the link to the website and BAM! Suddenly, the website is showing a 404 error on all the pages, and nothing is working. We spent about two more hours (this whole call should have been 30 minutes maximum) trying to solve this problem but had no luck.

Now she has given me the details of her hosting, and I will try and solve it on the side. Worst case scenario, I will have to buy a guy off Fiverr to try and fix it. This whole fiasco is just annoying, time-consuming and a bit stressful.
  • I am also trying to upload the website for client #1, and the hosting keeps giving me "errors". Super frustrating.
  • I am still continuing to prospect via Facebook. I have not gotten time yet to start cold emailing or other outreach.
  • Action faking: I also attended a 1-hour live call by the founder of Lemlist on cold outreach. However, it was just a bunch of repeated tips and I realized at the end of the call that I had done some action faking. Oh well.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 24/09/22
Here's what I did this week:
  1. Small win: After creating quite a few websites that fizzled out due to a lack of client response, I finally got my first official website uploaded and running on a client's website. The client in discussion is client #1 (see my early thread). For the interested few, you can find the link here: Homepage. The client is very happy!
    •---------•​
  2. After spending a lot of energy trying to fix this Lady's website (see point number 1 of my above update), I had to pay 85 euros from my pocket to hire an expert from Fiverr to fix it. Apparently, the error was something to do with database management. Luckily everything worked out, my integrity remains intact and this lady is super happy. But this whole thing was an unnecessary deviation of time and money.​
    •---------•
  3. Had a sales call with two other potential clients; however, neither were really interested in having a website as a part of a plan to grow their business. So, I told them we would not be a great fit.​
    •---------•
Give and you shall receive

I was talking to a teaching assistant from my university course about programming. During our conversation, he mentioned how he was developing an automated programming testing interface that has been commissioned by the university.

As I am trying to provide max value to people in all aspects of my life, I offered to help him with some of the codings for free.

He was pleasantly surprised and gave me about 2.5 hours of work with the deadline of the end of this week. However, I tried to be proactive and finished the work in 2 days.

Little did I know, that the teaching assistant is also the head recruiter for teaching assistants in our course. As a result of my goodwill, he has reciprocated by offering me a one-year part-time programming job with a nice salary.

Whether I am going to accept this offer is another story, as I want to dedicate myself to this web design journey. But nevertheless, it has shown me the power of goodwill without expectations. Life just gives back if you give.

Although this is not directly related to web design, I wanted to include this as I spent about 2.5 hours of my time on this instead of what could have been used for web design. Plus, it is a nice learning lesson.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 01/10/22
I tried to get some work this week but could not get as much done as I had mid-terms with the uni...
  1. Finished the revision website for client #4. She asked a lot from me, but I think I delivered. I also tried to find ways to overdeliver. Let us see!
This week, I am going to do some rebranding to become more niche focused on a specific industry. However, I am currently not sure exactly which industry I will target yet.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Update 09/10/22
These weeks will be a bit tough with final exams and assignments. Nevertheless, I will try to take some action every day and let's see. For this week,
  1. Facebook group is frustratingly going nowhere. I just find many low-budget clients or clients that have no idea what their business is. I will now be doing cold emails and cold calls. The classic.
  2. Finished 100$ offers book by Alex Hormozi, if you have not read it, please have a read. I have used all the incredible advice from the book to create my first compelling offer. Let's see if the market likes it.
  3. Creating a niche-downed portfolio website for lawyers. After which, I am going to go and use the website, my offer and my sales skill to try and sell stuff to them.
That's all for this week folks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.