• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Progress Thread The Greatest Feeling Ever!

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Jonathan Polley, Sep 13, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Jonathan Polley

Jonathan Polley Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $637
    Wow,

I have no words to describe how I am feeling right now. Maybe I am feeling far more jubilation that I should be, but wow.

My product (an online science course) has taken me about 18 months to set up. To actually get the course in a position where I can sell it (on my own website, not through Udemy, I don't see my course fitting what they offer) getting the page set up. Making sure everything works as expected etc. (and there are still only 1/3 of the way through as I have two more courses to finish now... plus marketing of what I have to sell at the moment)
    It's been a steep as hell learning curve.

But just a few days after "going live" with the site I have 170 members (doing a trial) which is pretty good going. But today it happened.

My first sale.... man, that feeling, wow.. I am buzzing.

Of course, I know it doesn't come close to covering my costs yet and I need far more in order to jack in my day job and work on this full time.

But it's a start, and I can't wait to see where this journey takes me

2. Patrick R

Patrick R Shwizzle Shwazzle Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $884
    That is awesome! Congratulation! 170 for a trial run of a course is pretty awesome too, and an awesome feeling of validation I am sure!
    18 months is no small time, I hope this soars for you and can't wait to follow the progress!

Jonathan Polley and cmor16 like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $230,651
    Admin Post
    Woo hoo congrats! You've got mail!?! Nope, you've got entrepreneurial heroine!

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.20.54 AM.png

Jonathan Polley and cmor16 like this.
  4. Inuc

Inuc Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $158
    Congratulation man,the first sale always the hardest...more sales will follow

Kingmaker and Jonathan Polley like this.
  5. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,547
    Congratulations! Keep on pushing!!

Jonathan Polley likes this.
  6. Blaise84

Blaise84 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $178
    Thanks for sharing! This is awesome. It's great to read about how you've spent 18 months working at it, and now a shift is happening. I've been working on my product since around March. There are times when it's tough because it's primarily an issue of problem solving rather than getting concrete work completed. But solving those problems are what leads to the finished product. Anyhow, congrats! Very exciting.

7. millerad

millerad Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $393
    Congratulations friend. Keep working!! Good Job.

8. Jonathan Polley

Jonathan Polley Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $637

Thanks, 18 months does seem like such a long time, I knew it would take a while, but I didn't think it would take that "long". I probably could have done a subpar job and had it ready in a year. But although I might have been making money earlier, I don't think I would be giving real value back, I would end up fighting fire, re-doing things and ultimately I would be selling myself short. (That said, I know my product is far from perfect and have made concessions as to what it could be, but there has to be a line somewhere)

There have been dark days too where I felt like just forgetting about it all, throwing all my lessons on Youtube and picking up pennies here and there and being done with it.
    So glad I didn't do that!

kwerner and Kingmaker like this.