The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTION

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I quit my job and pitched an old boss a product that would make his business (and by extension him) stand out from every other business in town. He said yes. I made money. The rest is history. Technically it is all history.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wanted to be able to build websites. (Notice how I didn’t say "I wanted to learn how to build websites”.)

Instead of buying a book or course I thought of who amongst my circle I could help. An electrician friend volunteered to be my test case. I figured it out as I went along, and at some point an AdWords voucher fell out of a book.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
As most of the people present in this forum read MJ's books, we could ask ourselves how many did get the right message.
TUNEF was born as a blueprint for success. Because, as the author says in his book, many people were still feeling lost.
Therefore, below you'll find 2 questions:

1.What was the first ACTION you took, your first step on the road of entrepreneurship, or on the road of making your dream come true?
Post your answer, as it might inspire others that are still wondering about what should they do first. That's the first objective of the question.
No, not talking here about reading another book...
Has your world suffered the slightest improvement since you decided to make that first step?

2.In the case you haven't taken any action, you can post, or just answer to yourself if you don't want to post. What is the action you should do right now, in order to start your journey?
After reading the book, will you remain just a dreamer, or will you decide to do something about it? Your dream's alive just as long as you are, and we all know that's not forever.

I'll go first:

I've contacted someone that made me 3d renderings of my product and based on that I've built a landing page(learned to build a landing page by myself from a 2h tutorial).
The effect? Taking my landingpage in front of possible buyers, got me more than 1000 people interested in buying my product.
Next please...

Hard question to answer.
I`ve always been in motion when it comes to entrepreneurship.

The earliest action I can remember is when I was 15 years old and working on a beach resort (Sunny Beach Слънчев бряг) in a restaurant as a bartender/server.
We had an issue with the ice generator, it was stuck in a corner of one of the kitchen rooms in the back, the nobs and stuff to regulate it were behind it, so we couldnt get to them.
It was set to produce always at max I think and we didnt have enough customers for all the ice it produced.
So each morning, whoever was first at work had to empty all the ice in buckets, because the ice became stuck together and it couldnt make new ice, or get produced ice out.
Our boss told us to dump the ice on beach.
One of the waitresses had a boyfriend from a nearby restaurant and one day he came to drink coffee or something so we got to talking about our jobs.
He mentioned that alot of the bars and restaurants had an ice shortage when alot of people come at once and that they buy ice each day in plastic bags which they store in freezers.
So each morning I got up, dumped the ice in bags, then put it in buckets and went around the local beach bars selling ice.

I dont know if this counts.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
As most of the people present in this forum read MJ's books, we could ask ourselves how many did get the right message.
TUNEF was born as a blueprint for success. Because, as the author says in his book, many people were still feeling lost.

1.What was the first ACTION you took, your first step on the road of entrepreneurship, or on the road of making your dream come true?
Post your answer, as it might inspire others that are still wondering about what should they do first. That's the first objective of the question.
Has your world suffered the slightest improvement since you decided to make that first step?

2.In the case you haven't taken any action, you can post, or just answer to yourself if you don't want to post. What is the action you should do right now, in order to start your journey?
After reading the book, will you remain just a dreamer, or will you decide to do something about it? Your dream's alive just as long as you are, and we all know that's not forever.

I'll go first:

I've contacted someone that made me 3d renderings of my product and based on that I've built a landing page(learned to build a landing page by myself from a 2h tutorial).
The effect? Taking my landingpage in front of possible buyers, got me more than 1000 people interested in buying my product.
Next please...
As for myself, my business idea first came about 2 years before my execution and before I read Fast Lane Millionaire. After reading the book, I made the decision to execute my idea. My initial idea has went through many different changes before I made the decision to turn it into an actual program of value for state facilities. My first action was putting the pen to paper and writing my workbooks. It took me 30 days to write 3 workbooks and they are all currently out to beta readers. My beta readers are more than just readers though. They are not only helping me edit and review, but they are industry leaders and are helping me make sure my products bring value to their potential customer base. As of today, my workbooks have been in the hands of these readers for almost 2 months now. During these past two months, I have created a p. o. s system via website, working on book covers and landed a mentor from the small business development center that will help me organize all my crazy thoughts and look at areas of business with a different perspective. I am currently writing my narrative for digital marketing as well as my train the trainer DVD. My entire business has been created with the C.E.N.T.S framework.

I waiting to hear back from the SBDC mentor, because unfortunately he wanted me to do a full business plan. I refused, so we settled on a business plan overview and a 3 year financial projection. I cant wait to hear his response to my BP overview because I know its not what he is use to reading. Anyways... that has been my execution after reading MJs book. There is A LOT more I can elaborate on but those are some top bullet points.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020

I'll go first:

Next please...

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Well, the first action for me was a bunch of action-faking and trying to come up with ideas, which was also sort of action faking. Luckily this period didn't last long, as I understood quite soon what was needed to be done - work.

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020
I almost, always read most of your responses. This is the first time, I think I read your first action.. That first step you took, seems so easy lol but I am sure you had many frustrating days when you started out
I think the same as you. Still, today he’s here to tell the story. Determination, ambition...awesome! But well, again, it started with an action. Thanks guys!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Wonderful stories!

When I was 16, I began riding motorcycle.
There was a problem getting parts for them. So when I was 18 I run a car and bike parts business out of my car-burea.
It wasn’t very lucrative in order of business, but getting parts was easy than and my customers became customers of my job and still are 35 years later.

Business is so much different now regarding internet and so.

afrankmore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2020
Central California
I wanted to be able to build websites. Instead of buying a book or course I thought of who amongst my circle I could help. An electrician friend volunteered to be my test case. I figured it out as I went along, and at some point an AdWords voucher fell out of a book.
I almost, always read most of your responses. This is the first time, I think I read your first action.. That first step you took, seems so easy lol but I am sure you had many frustrating days when you started out

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020
Hard question to answer.

The earliest action I can remember is when I was 15 years old and working on a beach resort (Sunny Beach Слънчев бряг) in a restaurant as a bartender/server.
We had an issue with the ice generator, it was stuck in a corner of one of the kitchen rooms in the back, the nobs and stuff to regulate it were behind it, so we couldnt get to them.
It was set to produce always at max I think and we didnt have enough customers for all the ice it produced.
So each morning, whoever was first at work had to empty all the ice in buckets, because the ice became stuck together and it couldnt make new ice, or get produced ice out.
One of the waitresses had a boyfriend from a nearby restaurant and one day he came to drink coffee or something so we got to talking about our jobs.
He mentioned that alot of the bars and restaurants had an ice shortage when alot of people come at once and that they buy ice each day in plastic bags which they store in freezers.
So each morning I got up, dumped the ice in bags, then put it in buckets and went around the local beach bars selling ice.

For me it counts! You spoted the opportunity. I wonder how many opportunities like that pass by daily, and we just fail to see them. And also, it counts, as i think you chose to do something, instead of dumping it :) Awesome!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe listen to the first radio interview in my signature. I tell the story there (and loads of other places).

It’s funny. I don’t remember any frustrations. I’m sure there were some, but having come from an IT career I already expected things to not work as expected.

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020
As for myself, my business idea first came about 2 years before my execution and before I read Fast Lane Millionaire. After reading the book, I made the decision to execute my idea. My initial idea has went through many different changes before I made the decision to turn it into an actual program of value for state facilities. My first action was putting the pen to paper and writing my workbooks. It took me 30 days to write 3 workbooks and they are all currently out to beta readers. My beta readers are more than just readers though. They are not only helping me edit and review, but they are industry leaders and are helping me make sure my products bring value to their potential customer base. As of today, my workbooks have been in the hands of these readers for almost 2 months now. During these past two months, I have created a p. o. s system via website, working on book covers and landed a mentor from the small business development center that will help me organize all my crazy thoughts and look at areas of business with a different perspective. I am currently writing my narrative for digital marketing as well as my train the trainer DVD. My entire business has been created with the C.E.N.T.S framework.

I waiting to hear back from the SBDC mentor, because unfortunately he wanted me to do a full business plan. I refused, so we settled on a business plan overview and a 3 year financial projection. I cant wait to hear his response to my BP overview because I know its not what he is use to reading. Anyways... that has been my execution after reading MJs book. There is A LOT more I can elaborate on but those are some top bullet points.
That is excellent. Appreciate your patience and hard work. Sure hope to hear from you in a while from now, telling us about how successful your actions proved to be ;)

JustmeSD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 30, 2020
I quit my job and pitched an old boss a product that would make his business (and by extension him) stand out from every other business in town. He said yes. I made money. The rest is history. Technically it is all history.
So far it looks like action precedes favorable results.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hard question to answer.

Ha. I love this!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!