The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The dragon has to come out of the dungeon

Aish

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Aug 25, 2020
Germany
Hello @MJ DeMarco and Fastlaners,

My name is Aishwarya (Nicknamed Aish), I am an engineering student in Germany. I would like to share who am I in brief.

I was born and raised in India to a divorced mom (which is quite hard especially in India), adopted by my maternal grandparents and lived with them. I liked being creative ever since I was a kid, won many awards in Fine arts competitions but was never really interested to make a career in it. I wasn't bad in studies and showed quite an interest in natural and social sciences and decided to study engineering. I thought my creative powers can be used there. But when I came to engineering, I saw a different picture and found it quite boring, since everyone was just talking about finishing studies and finding a job and Mercedes or BMW, on top of that I received really small to no help from Uni or friends about my confusion. This was disappointing to me and I started being drifted into another worries, these worries about future (because my sweet mom really was looking forward for me to get settled sooner) became anxiety and sooner became depression and I had to face a big existential crisis where I had to ask myself big and uncomfortable questions. Is my career right? Am I not doing what I love? If job is not going to make me happy then what should I do? Should I change my career path or the country I live! All sorts of questions. Entrepreneurship was something I was thinking for long time but I thought I am dumb and not good enough to do that. This January, I had a major breakdown followed by many realizations. After my breakdown, I started my internship in Jet Engine Overhaul service company, Under-confident as usual, I began working and discovering how much I loved these beautiful pieces of engineering. It was real ART. I did not loved working everyday, but I definitely had a lot of passion. I was eager to learn and improve and grow. All the books and biographies I had read, all the tips I collected from the interviews of my favorite people, I used them sincerely. In the first few days, my team was unsure how will I do my job since I had so little knowledge and by the time I was leaving, I knew about certain topics more than anyone there. I stayed there 10 hours (can't work more than that in Germany, or I would stay more), learned everything I could. On the last day when my boss was giving me a feedback, it was mostly positive and he said my growth was exponential, and how he was surprised that I could spot hardest problems so fast. Working there really confidence of achievement which I had a child.
I am telling about my internship experience because few days before, I was thinking about quitting engineering, the same field that gave me so much happiness later. while I was doing my internship I regularly read books and one of them was MJ's book. Honestly, a lot of things in Millionaire Fastlane were just confirmation to my thoughts, as if someone is in agreement to your deepest thoughts. I wish I had read this book before. My biggest dread was working for a bigger company as an engineer and disappearing in the crowd. MJ's book gave me so much hope that this is not necessary. I can be an engineer, inventor and entrepreneur. I still do not have enough confidence to go out there and start my own company. I am still reading some books and strengthening my knowledge base. I am planning to join a startup as my first job and take many responsibilities there and learn. then move forward. @MJ DeMarco Do you think this is nice way to move forward?
I just invented a intro title for my post, so it stand out, using FASTLANE here ;)

Yours sincerely
Aish

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...