The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The difference between money for your time and money for your value?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jimbo123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 30, 2022
Hi all, new here. Been lurking in forums and read Rat Race + Millionaire Fastlane . Getting to grips with losing the script. I'm 21 and currently under the entrepreneur honeymoon hazy phase of excitement, apprehension and thirst to know more. I will put the question in bold but let me give some context. I'm 21 and in final year of college studying business (On course for good grades and it got me in to this opportunity with an agency but GET ME OUT OF HERE!)

There is much discussion around working specifically for high quality repeat sales. Not working to survive until next paycheck, not to save 10% for your index fund, but to make money FAST (with the right work).

Well I'm on okay money right now working for a small marketing agency. My boss is the CEO so I'm getting amazing insight in to how a business works (foundations). He's on VERY good money and works like hell. Guess he loves it. Seeing what they do has giving me a keen interest in learning how to write great copy. I've spoken to the copywriter in a mentor fashion and he's recommended a few books. I'm keen to stick with this company, learn how to write great copy then go freelance as a side hustle/main business. Marketing will be boosted by showing my work on YouTube (which I have good experience in) and using FB ads (which is the agency's specialty).

Am I:

- Setting myself up for Rat Race life?
-Laying foundation for a well paid company, which I will own, plus I am getting FREE teaching along the way in this exciting business.

By the way I really like my job. But I'm 21 and what I earn now will not make me rich when I'm completely independent and have payments or want to buy that trip to Japan I really want.

I really appreciate your feedback

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Once you've learned all you can at this company and your side business is making more than your salary, then you would be reasonable to consider quitting.
It doesn't even have to be more than your salary. It just has to exceed your monthly expenses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Laying foundation for a well paid company, which I will own, plus I am getting FREE teaching along the way in this exciting business.
You can choose to view it however you want. I suggest the above.

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Stick with your job and do the best you can. Read all of the books that your mentor recommended.

As for your question, you are laying the foundation for your company as long as you remember that and don't forget your dream. You're only joining the rat race if you accept that job as the best you can do and never follow through with creating your own company. In reality, you're the one who will show and tell us.

You don't know how to write copy yet. You're getting paid to learn what you want to learn. It doesn't really get any better than that. Once you've learned all you can at this company and your side business is making more than your salary, then you would be reasonable to consider quitting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.