• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

NOTABLE! The definitive guide for MFG/QC issues and what you ecommerce sourcers and inventors must know

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Arun Siva, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Out of Touch

Out of Touch Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $470
    Just finished reading through this.
    Thank you for the thread and I appreciate it being on the outside.

The main point I've garnered through my reading is to take the initial manufacturing process very seriously. The more hard work put into the process up front will bear the fruits of having lesser and smaller problems to deal with later.

Also, are you able to provide a link to the third-party articles that you use? (They are pretty easy to find with a search engine but I still think that it would be good to source them).

2. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $198
    Hey, great post, I am in the process of importing 2500 units of a electronic product, production has finished, we have had 6 units sent to us to test and 3 out of the 6 units have broken / are faulty.

How should I resolve this with the factory in China? Do I get them to rework, I have no way to test every pair for a good amount of time to ensure the quality, any ideas?

The pre production samples were perfect and had no issues.

Arun Siva likes this.
  3. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    Please send me a PM

Aston_M likes this.
  4. Aston_M

Aston_M New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $198
    PM sent, thanks.

5. Overdrive

Overdrive Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $336
    Hi Arun Siva and fellow Fastlaners,

I'm pretty new to this forum and just discovered this fantastic thread as I'm looking for potential pain points and unmet needs, especially of people who purchase from Chinese vendors or otherwise have business dealings with Chinese companies. I'm specifically looking for such unmet needs from a legal angle due to my professional background (I'm an in-house attorney at a multinational in Taiwan). I'm also bilingual (English/Mandarin) and was wondering if I could use my skills to create a service or product that would be of value to people or companies in the West doing business with Chinese companies.

(Btw, please let me know in case it is more appropriate to open my own thread instead of posting here.)

My questions to you and other veterans who have experience with business dealings and negotiations with Chinese vendors would be:

1. What are your specific pain points or needs, if any, when it comes to communicating in English with your Chinese vendors (is the language barrier a real problem)? Would it make sense, in your view, to use standard letters or documents (such as POs, RFQ, etc) in English attached with a reliable Chinese translation just as a back-up to avoid miscommunications? Or is this never an issue?

2. Do you ever actually enter contracts with the Chinese side and if so, what kind of contracts would that be in your biz? Would these contracts be signed in English or Chinese or both? What are common problems you encounter wrt contracts? (A friend of mine who used to be a garment manufacturer in China before he retired told me he never used any contracts with his mostly US buyers at all, so I'm wondering if this is true in general or just in his particular line of business).

3. Would you see any value in having (customizable) drafts of contracts, baseline agreements, Terms & Conditions, clauses, letters or forms (or any other legal documents) available to you in English, attached with a reliable Chinese translation that has been reviewed and approved by a local Chinese lawyer as conforming with local laws?

These are my basic questions so far as I'm still in the "chasing needs" phase and wondering if I should take this further or not.

In case there exists such a need, I'd be willing to invest some time in creating some of those generic documents mentioned above, based on your input, and also provide Chinese translations and share them here at no cost.

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks a lot in advance!

6. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,581
    This is kind of off-topic to the thread.

I think you should copy/paste this into a new post. You'll probably get more people seeing it that way.

FWIW, I think there's a lot of value in this idea. I think you're onto something.

Arun Siva and Overdrive like this.
  7. Overdrive

Rep Bank:
    $336
    amp0193, thanks a lot for your feedback. Much appreciated! And sorry for the off-topic post. I think I will start a new thread of my own, as per your suggestion.

Arun Siva and amp0193 like this.
  8. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    feel free to PM me with specific questions. Id be glad to help anyway

Overdrive likes this.
  9. Overdrive

Rep Bank:
    $336
    Hi Arun Siva, thanks so much for this offer. I've just PM'd you.

10. Arun Siva

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    A good pdf on DFM analysis and what to expect for small or large scale manufacturing.

Attached Files:

• dfm.pdf
      File size:
      515.6 KB
      Views:

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.