• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FEATURED! The Coming Recession (2018-2019?)

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by JScott, May 27, 2018.

1. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $21,050
    now reach out to each other on DM and see what the other's story is.
    instant Fastlane friends. you are both passionate. both hate to have your time wasted.
    hell start skyping. make each other two million dollars and then throw sh*t at the other one's yacht

how do you think @LightHouse and @GlobalWealth started?

2. Rivoli

Rivoli Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,222
    You didn't even read the thread. MJ posted about how $5,000 could be turned into $68k in feb if they played his theory.

nitrousflame likes this.
  3. jesseissorude

jesseissorude Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,481
    Take it from me, you definitely don't need to be at FU levels to be a good steward of your money.

I have a pretty substantial retirement account in the standard retirement date targeted fund (index and bonds mix). Total dad stuff.

I took 5k 2 years ago and just started reading like mad. It was my play money. One big help for me was the thread in the Insiders section on options trading (I paid to become an insider just to read that one thread, and I got 50X the value easily).

If you are comfortable and have set up decent safety nets for yourself, then take a small amount of money and start trading with it. You'll make mistakes (early on, I had a $763 drawdown on my $5k account because I got cocky), but you want them to be controlled mistakes with money you've set aside to learn.

It led me down a path to learn how to read a prospectus, what the heck options are (and how to use them in a sane way), futures, pairs trading, day trading, value investing, and I read a lot of really interesting stuff along the way. Once I was comfortable that I was getting decent returns on my small account and I knew what I was doing (to a degree), I was much more comfortable deploying a lot more money.

It's an education that I'm glad I've had for exactly market environments like the one we've got now.

TL;DR - Starting small is perfect. Just start.

PS If the person has a youtube and looks at charts like an oracle reading goat entrails, then run.

4. levijean

levijean Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,693
    My, how quickly a thread goes from interesting to obnoxious...

5. Jaden Jones

Jaden Jones Igloo Builder Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $397
    Lets get back on track here...

We will wait to see if we form a lower high on the next upswing, we are definitely due for a crash anytime here...

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,506
    Admin Post
    Today's bounce looks to be fading...

VIX back up...

topherea likes this.
  7. Jaden Jones

Jaden Jones Igloo Builder Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $397
    My Long Doji might turn out here, very happy I closed my shorts yesterday though.

8. Lionhearted

Lionhearted Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,950
    Dead cat bounce????? Cool how it bounced just short of 25,000 looks like they tested the bottom twice and that number currently is 25,000

9. Never1

Never1 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $102
    The real test will be a close that is lower than yesterday’s close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,017
    That's what people have been saying about "the big one" California earthquake for years. :thinking-face:

11. msufan

msufan Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,210
    As expected, today started with a bounce. I thought the next move after that bounce would be critical, and despite losing all of those early gains and briefly being down for the day (DJIA) or nearly back to even (S+P), we ended up going up 1%+ in the end. Sets up for a volatile next week IMHO. I still think we are headed down in the near future, but another down day today would have really been a strong indicator of that happening immediately.

12. Jaden Jones

Rep Bank:
    $397
    Looks like the SPX finished as a hammer pattern, close to what I thought, but could mean further losses next week instead of a reversal.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the stock market is a little more predictable than an earthquake....

13. socaldude

socaldude Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,666
    My gut tells me there will be a round 2 sell off next week.

Slight recovery then another big move.

Do wanna jump back in and buy some puts but the VIX at 20s scares me haha.

14. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,506
    Admin Post
    Couple indexes closed (for a second time) under their 200DMA. A couple closed above. So who the heck knows what is next.

Today's market action still has me leaning for it to go down further.

Still holding a lot of stuff in lock with my theory postulated months ago.

Today's market action wasn't exactly bullish despite the 1% move.

Bryan James likes this.
  15. Jaden Jones

Rep Bank:
    $397
    I agree, its really hard to tell whats going to happen, the hammer pattern today doesnt really say anything helpful. I would jump back in if we see another solid drop on monday, or if the RSI stays in oversold territory.

16. Feedback Loop

Feedback Loop New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $57
    The movie Too Big to Fail shows what might happen if a recession is on the brink of a depression. MJ's "The Rule of Everyone" doesn't seem to play out here for a bubble: there's no asset class everyone's chasing like Internet companies or real estate. But maybe it's several things together? Time will tell.

17. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $41,667
    And they're right. On a geologic scale, being off by a couple hundred years on a prediction like that is equivalent to being off on a recession prediction by a few months. ;)

18. rebel dude

rebel dude New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $85
    I don't have much knowledge in the" economy" stuff but the recession in 2008 was caused by the housing market the banks where lending money to people without considering their financial background. for more details watch (big shot)

19. Andreas Thiel

Andreas Thiel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $450
    Looking at the 5 year chart with a 1 week interval for the moving average, the SPX, IXIC and DJI look somewhat similar.
    Could just be a correction towards a longer term moving average, if I think about this the right way. They all have diverged a lot and there is quite some more room for the correction.

Looking at the fundamentals I am not so sure that the bounce is not the real deal already, though.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  20. Pesh

Pesh Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $343
    Everyone, on every site, every forum etc is talking how the market will crash anytime soon and there will be a sale of cheap stocks to buy. Everyone, even the taxi drivers are saying how they have the cash prepared for the 40-50% crash.. I dont know, I start thinking that the next year will be the rally of all rallies :)

Markets like surprising the crowds. And right now the crowd is waiting for the Amazon stock on $900 or cheap $100 tesla bargain.

21. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,611
    That's not what I've seen. Everyone I know is very optimistic about the new Trump economy. Everyone I talk to about a crash thinks I'm crazy. The media is very optimistic also. I think you have experienced a very small part of the population.

If you went to a fitness page online you would think everyone is ripped. You can scroll through infinite pictures of ripped physiques. But if you went to a local Walmart you could probably count the number of in shape people you see on one hand.

Kid likes this.
  22. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,017
  23. lewj24

lewj24 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,611
    21elnegocio and RayAndré like this.
  24. Jaden Jones

Rep Bank:
    $397
    Of course the media and most of the banks are going to tell you everything is fine, they always do, until it isnt. They dont want to be the ones to cause panic and start the selloff. But there is always a crash, some bigger than others. A 50% crash seems a little crazy, but its possible. There is a crash coming, when is anyones guess, but odds are extremely high that its in the next year or 2. I personally would be shocked if we make it through 2019 without one.

21elnegocio likes this.
  25. 21elnegocio

21elnegocio Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $1,346
    This is interesting I am in the real estate world and we are starting to see homes above the 300's price range to last longer on the market than usual and price reductions so they can sell. Rates have gone up, buyers have more options now before it was a sellers market it is a buyers market right now.

MustImprove likes this.