The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The clock is ticking - What would you do? Startup Marketing

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

evgeney

Contributor
Sep 11, 2018
I have joined a startup as a marketing consulting which has been working on a competition to promote their upcoming retail brand 2 weeks before the competition launch date.

Within 3 days I have overhauled their website and launched their social media streams from the ground up, the competition is a fashion competition and within 4 weeks time we need to acquire 500 applicants to compete in this contest of creating their own fashion ideas.

The competition is open to fashion students across the United States and I have been extensively targeting these using these parameters, generally this is something you would launch after building and maintaining a brand but in this case, everything was from the ground up with the tightest clock imaginable.

I have structured the website in the form of a funnel and am looking at hiring fashion influencers across Instagram. The prize contest money is set to 10k but even so, is not attracting too much attention from our targeted audience.

The registration period ends in 4 weeks and so far we are 10% in the applicant pool.

Given this tight period, we truly need some form of explosive growth to succeed.
What would you do?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
IG influencers can be hugely expensive so you must have a strong advertising budget. Therefore paid advertising in the form of YouTube ads and Facebook.

Supplement that with subscribing to relevant forums, subreddits and FB groups and either use subtle tactics or contact the admins to see if they would support the competition.

I take it you have sent out posters/media packs to all relevant colleges already and spoken directly with the teaching staff to get them onboard in order for them to encouraging their students to participate? Maybe see if you can get a secondary prize authorised that goes to the college for materials etc. if one of their students wins?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom