The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Radio interview) How to quickly get started in business

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
So I listened to the first ep of the interviews..

At the beginning you mention finding out what people are searching for first; then sell to that. I think it sounds great in principal. Very good in fact. Because you're identifying the need first.

Landing page and keyword defining what the customer/client is looking for is key. Especially geo-based businesses. Do you do tax law in Seattle or does your landing page even mention that.

People care about what you provide, not your story or how hard you work. WeFM.

Chasing numbers instead of people can lead you down a road of disappointment. Reminds me of what MJ says when he states to provide value first and foremost.
23:40

Must give to receive. Offering help and helping other's breeds healthy word of mouth. Which apparently is how you get most your clients.

"Hi, how's business going?" = Data collection on business problems. People like to be heard. And people are clicks. Why did that click happen? The click(person) was looking to solve an issue or resolve a need.

This = This

=

I'll try it.
Success in affiliate marketing = profit/sales
Profit/Sales = Traffic
Traffic = Paid, worthy blogs, websites, YT, etc
Paid, worthy blogs, websites, YT, etc = Produce valuable written/spoken content about the niche or money
Produce valuable written.. = Time, patience and knowledge, or money

Thus: TIme patience, knowledge = Success in affiliate marketing

Think I did it right.

Are people searching for what you're trying to sell? This is paramount.
Not about you and your product. It's about if they want it, not if they need it.
Sell to the want.

Put your basket under the tree where apples are already falling(Adwords search analysis).
Don't try to shake the tree to generate demand.

If you can't get a customer; you don't have a business, you have a hobby.
Savage.

To summarize, I learned the principals on google adwords, finding a market and how it works. Not exactly sure how I'd execute that but everything made sense!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn. I did that interview nearly 7 years ago.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Damn. I did that interview nearly 7 years ago.

And it helped me greatly demystify sales. See I'm doing website for 1.5 years with mixed results, and this month I had my first 5,000€ website cancelled (for reasons beyond control) and I got a little hammered.

Nonetheless client offered to pay the time already spend and I dared bill my time, because I brought useful informations.

Plus a past client (tattoo artist) ask me to do FB Ads and I offered to do a SEO redesign of her website, and then asked to give me a test budget for Google Ads and she accepted both.

Next I offered another past client (accountant) the same 2 deliveries and he accepted both too !

At the end after that hammer, I'm ending with my most profitable month since I'm in business ! Plus I already have 2 testing budgets for my future Google Ads service that I have just begun to learn !

This was easy. All of that because I listened to your interviews and see some of your youtube shorts about "business is easy" and "upsell past clients".

You might see you more as a freelancer than an entreprenneur but you surely have one of a helping mindset !

"Never found time" is a polite way of saying "I did something else instead".

Why is he tinkering with SEO? To get more clients? If someone asks for a photo-session then why is he tinkering with SEO instead of closing that sale, doing the work, and getting referrals and repeat-business?

Ask him if he wants to tinker with SEO and not get paid for it, or do photo sessions and get paid.

It sounds a bit like he doesn't want to be a photographer, is worried about pricing and delivering when paid, or is worried he won't do a good job (or all of the above).

What does he want?

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. My accountant client didn't need new clients so I did his website without any SEO. But after that he started asking me to reference his website a little because he could use a little more clients...

I said no, SEO is useless, too much work, too competitive, unstable etc...

Now I litteraly offered to meet his need by offering SEO rededign and then Googles Ads testing. He perfectly understood that I'm in learning/testing phase and despite this accepted without any hesitation.

I managed to get paid to learn and test what I want to do by following your advices, now I'm a little more relaxed and can take care of those deliveries this week while continuing to learn Google Ads, which is a natural continuity.

Thank you Andy things are beginning to make sense for me and I can only imagine how good it must be to have a base of customers (not clients) on wich to rest !

RWK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 21, 2023
you uploaded this very long time ago haha.
but I guess it works nowadays.
I have to drive to my workplace now.. and try to listen your podcast.
thanks. and I bet my life is going to be change soon!

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
@Andy Black I have the idea of proposing free google ads trial to prospects with ultra simplified funnel and minimum investment in time/money for them:

1) Find niche in my city where there is a lot of research on keyword planner
2) Find big actors of this niche who doesn't do google ads yet
3) Propose to run a free "test" with landing pages on my own domain and using my own google account to begin (let's say 2 weeks)

This way the client have not to modify his website and not even to create a google accountn enter credit card or wathever, they just have to send me a few hundred euros (wich is nothing for someone making 500k profit).

Then I get them results, and then it's time to speak about doing thing more seriously (re-do website, do their own google account, sign contracts and get paid)

Do you find that sensible ?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black I have the idea of proposing free google ads trial to prospects with ultra simplified funnel and minimum investment in time/money for them:

1) Find niche in my city where there is a lot of research on keyword planner
2) Find big actors of this niche who doesn't do google ads yet
3) Propose to run a free "test" with landing pages on my own domain and using my own google account to begin (let's say 2 weeks)

This way the client have not to modify his website and not even to create a google accountn enter credit card or wathever, they just have to send me a few hundred euros (wich is nothing for someone making 500k profit).

Then I get them results, and then it's time to speak about doing thing more seriously (re-do website, do their own google account, sign contracts and get paid)

Do you find that sensible ?
Sounds sensible. Try it and see?

Some thoughts:
  • Maybe those not using Google Ads already aren't the best fit. Maybe those already running ads might be better.
  • What if you used your own ad spend and generated leads and approached businesses with those leads.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Thank you for your response, I'll try that

About your thoughts:

1) I'll try both. Indeed if they are already doing ads, we could compare the results after
2) That's definitely something I want to try, even elaborate the things further and create a leads generating platform, but it won't work immediately because:

- I want to try it with emergency services (more easy) so people calling will want an intervention immediately
- I'm absolutely broke at the moment ^^

Nonetheless that's definitely something I want to try in the future

Google Ads seems full of opportunities

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Episode 1 takeaways:
1. Find what people need and provide that product or service, don’t begin by thinking about what you want. (Have to give to receive.)
2. Be reliable and stick to your word, reputation is important. (Be referable.)
3. Hone in on what provides the best results and focus on that. (Grow what works.)
4. Be specific about services/location in which you provide.
5. Don’t get caught in pricing games that are a race to the Bottom.
6. Don’t worry about numbers, help one at a time, starting with those nearest to you.
7. 2 Ears, 1 mouth, observe and listen more than you talk. (Say thank you... and be kind!)
8. See people as people, not just clicks or numbers.
9. How to pick a business: is it people want and/or are searching for. (Want > Need.)
10. Instead of searching for low hanging fruit, catch the fruit that is already falling. (Instead of trying to generate demand, fulfill an existing one.)

Very valuable stuff. The search for what people want continues.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Episode 1 takeaways:
1. Find what people need and provide that product or service, don’t begin by thinking about what you want. (Have to give to receive.)
2. Be reliable and stick to your word, reputation is important. (Be referable.)
3. Hone in on what provides the best results and focus on that. (Grow what works.)
4. Be specific about services/location in which you provide.
5. Don’t get caught in pricing games that are a race to the Bottom.
6. Don’t worry about numbers, help one at a time, starting with those nearest to you.
7. 2 Ears, 1 mouth, observe and listen more than you talk. (Say thank you... and be kind!)
8. See people as people, not just clicks or numbers.
9. How to pick a business: is it people want and/or are searching for. (Want > Need.)
10. Instead of searching for low hanging fruit, catch the fruit that is already falling. (Instead of trying to generate demand, fulfill an existing one.)

Very valuable stuff. The search for what people want continues.
Thanks for listening, and the write up @Shono.

Curious what you make of part 2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.