• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

The best way to make f*ck you money, Entrepreneurship or High paying employment ?

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by Nik@16, Oct 2, 2018.

1. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,932
    Bruce Lee's grandparents were businessman and they got a lot of flak for it.

Xeon and ClaverCasley like this.
  2. ClaverCasley

ClaverCasley Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $248
    Cause owning a business invites flak, and being an obedient high paid employee attracts praise from society. Society that indoctrinates their sons and daughters to do the same - high paid employment.

OP. Your brain started this way, and this thread is your conclusion.[​IMG]

edward ace, Xeon and Nik@16 like this.
  3. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,932
    I'm more interested in this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrISMMNkMvE

[​IMG]

Xeon and ClaverCasley like this.
  4. Get Right

Get Right Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,570
    If only someone had written a book about all this.

SMH, Tommo, The Abundant Man and 7 others like this.
  5. Nik@16

Nik@16 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122
    If an American owns a business it's probably funded by VCs. Lol

ClaverCasley likes this.
  6. Nik@16

Nik@16 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $122

edward ace likes this.
  7. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,927
    I somehow found some folks all across my meetups and networking that went against these norms.

I'm Chinese, and while my dad is a businessman, he didn't inherit the biz from anyone. He did have some help from networking, but one could build that up if they know what they are doing.

And he didn't push me to inherit anything. He just told me to go study and work for others first.

I have a few Malay friends in tertiary studies, from well-to-do families. Perhaps they did have Bumi benefits, but some discounts or priority placings are pretty menial in the long run,IMO. If they want more out of their live, they will have to seek more than the national privileges, and thankfully, they can.

I've never met a Malay that was clueless about business or the word in general.

I used to compete with a Malay guy for grades in Standard Six. Smart guy. Last I heard of him, he was running for President at Petronas Uni.

When I did my pre-uni studies, doing AUSMAT, the head of the Student Council was a Malay. Very outspoken lady. Now doing Law and Crime in Australia.

On the Indians, I've never met Indians that were solely strapped to a restaurant. Only met engineers haha.

Times are changing. It doesn't need a government swap to make hints better. Even under the earlier administration, everyone will find ways to do business that are not racially based. Racial thinking is a waste of time, unless you want to look at their strengths or natural abilities.

edward ace, Tommo, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  8. ClaverCasley

Rep Bank:
    $248
    Hahaha! That was only an educated guess, looking from the sociological and demographic sides of our country. Not disagreeing with you here, but that's my POV, considering that we don't have any sort of things like 'The American Dream' that will plant the seeds of Entrepreneurship. Times are changing now, of course.

Talk about talent/strengths/natural abilities, I can't wait to make them my EMPLOYEES and pay them good money.

OP, INTERESTED?

edward ace, ZF Lee and Xeon like this.
  9. ClaverCasley

Rep Bank:
    $248
    You have a good sense of humor.

ZF Lee likes this.
  10. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,471
    Only here to read the tags.

upload_2018-10-12_12-25-9.png

11. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $50,579
    Have you ever heard the parable of the sour grapes? You should read it.

Also, dude, seriously, why are you here?

Bearcorp, Roz, ZF Lee and 2 others like this.
  12. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke I am here for your DATA. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,071
    What about a side of kitten mittens & emma watson?

Xeon likes this.
  13. Xeon

Xeon My Lane Is Fastlane. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,060
    Maybe he's a chatbot which MJ has coded to drive up forum engagement....

Roz, ZF Lee, Raoul Duke and 1 other person like this.
  14. hydemx

hydemx Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $124
    Despite being warned by the tags, I kept reading lol and all I can say is that change starts by oneself. His entrepreneurship was born dead because that's how he wanted it and there's nothing we can do about it.

Xeon likes this.
  15. MHP368

MHP368 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $501
    Except 300k student loan debt so thats 20k a year interest only

So again , socking away money to reture early...doesnt make any sense because they just wasted all that time in college and then 10+ years of high stress and 60 hour weeks to sock away a rather measley nest egg

Thats not freedom thats 20 years of slow laning with a little ego boost from the word "doctor"

So yeh he could then move to belize and live it up , except he could do that 20 years sooner with a sh*tty shopify dropshipping outfit

Xeon likes this.
  16. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $356
    Yes, MJ covered it, and mentioned that some people, like professional athletes and performers, have a high value potential because of the aspect of Scale (if you affect millions you can make millions), even though they have a job. Anyone can become an entrepreneur, though, even people like me, because the marketmind doesn't care how old you are or what you look like, it only cares about what problems you can solve.

Tommo, Xeon and Nik@16 like this.
  17. edward ace

edward ace Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $148
    Office politics and intrigues eliminate many qualified candidates for well- paying managerial, supervisory, and CEO positions, in major corporations. If you can make it, GREAT!
    Calling your own shots is always better, no matter what the payoff.
    Entrepreneurship is superior.

Nik@16 and Xeon like this.
  18. fastlaner_1992

fastlaner_1992 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $11
    The best way to make f*ck you money, Entrepreneurship or High paying employment ?

f*ck you money is financial confidence as Dan Lok puts it; having your income covering all your expenses and then some.

If you are a highly paid employee you violate a lot of what is taught in the fastlane as you are still trading time for money. Time is your most valuable asset as you can't get it back. Also, you can't passively make money if you are an employee.

The best way to make f*ck you money is through entrepreneurship.

19. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke I am here for your DATA. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,071

[​IMG]

jon.M and ZF Lee like this.
  20. fastlaner_1992

fastlaner_1992 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $11
    I don't know what you are trying to say lol

21. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,927
    [​IMG]

Jeff Noel and Raoul Duke like this.
  22. Startup Steve

Startup Steve Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $452
    Focus on the pattern of "trepreneurship" given your current employment situation.
    When your tax status to your customer is 1099, or C2C you are considered an entrepreneur.
    When your tax status to your customer is W2, you are considered an intrepreneur.
    Often entrepreneur produces better outcomes for individuals because of how employment contracts and IRS code works. So work on being an intrapreneur till such time that you can be an entrepreneur.

For those that are W2 here is what you do.

Your goal is not to do what is in your job description despite what you think. Your goal is to help your peers, managers, and leadership achieve the outcomes by which THEY are measured.

Sit down with them and determine how they are measured. Be prepared for them not to know how they are measured, or how to articulated it if they do. It will take some discovery on your part to map this all out.

With a clear understanding of how they are measured. Do what you can to help them, and be sure to document and communicated that YOU were the one that facilitated the outcome.

Often in life, it is about people being made successful, not just projects.

Storytime...

I once had a client that thought they wanted me to use my technical skills in building something for him. When I arrived it was clear he did not have a command of a defined current state, an achievable future state mapped out to include change management, nor did he have the skills to articulate any of this to leadership.

We worked together on the playbook. I would literally meet 30 min prior to his leadership meeting where I would explain things, which he would then go into the next meeting and parrot what I had just come up with. Did he basically take all my work product ownership? You bet he did, and my consulting fees were paid for every month till I decided I no longer wanted to travel to Rochester, NY :) The resources I was able to acquire using this technique allowed me to do that things I wanted which increased my well-being tremendously.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    ZF Lee likes this.