The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The best decision you ever made ?

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
I still remember the moment I decided to read and googled things like "how to be financially free" or "entrepreneurship 101"

....long story short. That's how I found The Millionaire Fastlane .

All my decisions on life are based on principles of TMF and it will forever affects me:

• Instead of wasting your time on 9-6 Job, It opened my eyes that there's more to life than by just punching your time card.
  • Instead of spending money on sh*t things that I don't really need, It taught me to be disciplined and treating your money as soldiers.
  • Instead of wasting my time on bitches or relationshits which holds me back, I learned to say NO! and value my time more. Spend it only with the right people.
  • Instead of getting drunk with buddies on FRIDAY night after work, I rather use the time to improve my areas which I needed to improve.
  • Instead of getting envious on my friend's fake lifestyle posts on Facebook, I learned not to give a F*ck on those silly things.
  • Instead of belittling my circumstances because I lived in a third world country (Philippines), I used it as a fuel and see more opportunities I needed to offer in my country.
and so on! That one major decision I made( Which Is To Better Myself ), completely change everything I see in life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SwissTuxedo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2016
I develop in Unity3D, so for 3 years i used UnityScript(Javascript), but recently I was forced to switch to C#
I develop in Unity3D, so for 3 years i used UnityScript(Javascript), but recently I was forced to switch to C#

Ok. I'm assuming you were forced to change to C# because it is becoming the main language programmers use to design mobile applications?

SwissTuxedo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2016
I still remember the moment I decided to read and googled things like "how to be financially free" or "entrepreneurship 101"

....long story short. That's how I found The Millionaire Fastlane .

All my decisions on life are based on principles of TMF and it will forever affects me:

• Instead of wasting your time on 9-6 Job, It opened my eyes that there's more to life than by just punching your time card.
  • Instead of spending money on sh*t things that I don't really need, It taught me to be disciplined and treating your money as soldiers.
  • Instead of wasting my time on bitches or relationshits which holds me back, I learned to say NO! and value my time more. Spend it only with the right people.
  • Instead of getting drunk with buddies on FRIDAY night after work, I rather use the time to improve my areas which I needed to improve.
  • Instead of getting envious on my friend's fake lifestyle posts on Facebook, I learned not to give a F*ck on those silly things.
  • Instead of belittling my circumstances because I lived in a third world country (Philippines), I used it as a fuel and see more opportunities I needed to offer in my country.
and so on! That one major decision I made( Which Is To Better Myself ), completely change everything I see in life.
Great stuff. Thank you for sharing.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Ok. I'm assuming you were forced to change to C# because it is becoming the main language programmers use to design mobile applications?

Mostly because most of all the unity asset store plugins are written in C#.
Eventually it became less of a headache to just learn C# versus doing workarounds to make my unityscript work with C# plugins.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I've made many decisions and changes to my life, so I can't say any one decision is the best. However, I will mention make mention of a few of the most important things which have helped me in business, and as a person, in no order of importance.

Fastlane Forum, and reading the Millionaire Fastlane .

The book is definitely the best book I have read on entrepreneurship, and the people on this forum always give me the motivation and insight on how to succeed.

Fitness.

When I was 17 or 18, I was in a real slump as I didn't seem to be going anywhere with my life. One of my family friends told me (rather harshly) that by not engaging in rigorous physical activity, I was doing myself a great disservice by not training my body. Which was true. I usually felt weak and my brain was usually in a fog. So I immediately started going for runs, doing bodyweight exercises, and lifting weights. I joined a taekwondo school, and started again from white belt, telling myself this was a new start for me. I become noticeably more muscular, stronger, had faster reflexes, more self-confidence. I made it my goal that I was going to join the Canadian special forces, so I worked on training myself to excel physically, and mentally, by not allowing myself to give up just cuz I'm tired, submerging myself in ice-water, eating raw eggs (which seemed gross to me before), thrusting my hands into bowls of scalding hot rocks, etc. etc. However, I lost the desire to join the military, which was probably a good thing, because looking back on it I don't think it's right for me. However, staying strong and healthy is a regular part of my routine. I practice martial arts religiously, and recently got into powerlifting. Your body is your avatar in this world (your champion, for those of you who play League of Legends), so take care of it, and be continuously improving it, or leveling up).

Practicing the Wim Hof Method.

For those of you who don't know, this method is a breathing technique that was taught by Wim Hof, who held the Guinness World Record for the longest ice bath, and has performed other stunts like climbing Mount Everest in shorts and no shirt, and diving in super-freezing water under ice to come back up through another side. I've started following the method, and the results have been breath-taking (pun intended). As I have mentioned here before, I was diagnosed with Tourettes, and one of the annoying symptoms I face is having an absurd amount of energy, and being unable to concentrate. It's like being on speed, but every second of the day and it doesn't go away. I have found exercise and meditation to be incredible helpful for relaxing my body and honing my mind, but this method taught me how to use the power of BREATHING, and has made my meditations far more vivid and lively. Needless to say it's one of the best things I have discovered recently.

Living like a Shaolin monk.

A Shaolin monk spends his day meditating, praying, and honing his skills to perfection. He doesn't have bullshit in his life taking away his attention. He's one hundred percent focused on what he is doing, and as such, he attains mastery. I have adopted a similar lifestyle. I don't waste my time going out partying, drinking, browsing facebook or snapchat, or socializing with people who drain my energy. I've made the decision that distracting bullshit has no place in my life, and I will spend all my time focusing on what makes me better.

These thing have made my life tremendously better, and if you're in a slump, try them out for yourself and see how your life improves.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I've made many decisions and changes to my life, so I can't say any one decision is the best. However, I will mention make mention of a few of the most important things which have helped me in business, and as a person, in no order of importance.

Fastlane Forum, and reading the Millionaire Fastlane .

The book is definitely the best book I have read on entrepreneurship, and the people on this forum always give me the motivation and insight on how to succeed.

Fitness.

When I was 17 or 18, I was in a real slump as I didn't seem to be going anywhere with my life. One of my family friends told me (rather harshly) that by not engaging in rigorous physical activity, I was doing myself a great disservice by not training my body. Which was true. I usually felt weak and my brain was usually in a fog. So I immediately started going for runs, doing bodyweight exercises, and lifting weights. I joined a taekwondo school, and started again from white belt, telling myself this was a new start for me. I become noticeably more muscular, stronger, had faster reflexes, more self-confidence. I made it my goal that I was going to join the Canadian special forces, so I worked on training myself to excel physically, and mentally, by not allowing myself to give up just cuz I'm tired, submerging myself in ice-water, eating raw eggs (which seemed gross to me before), thrusting my hands into bowls of scalding hot rocks, etc. etc. However, I lost the desire to join the military, which was probably a good thing, because looking back on it I don't think it's right for me. However, staying strong and healthy is a regular part of my routine. I practice martial arts religiously, and recently got into powerlifting. Your body is your avatar in this world (your champion, for those of you who play League of Legends), so take care of it, and be continuously improving it, or leveling up).

Practicing the Wim Hof Method.

For those of you who don't know, this method is a breathing technique that was taught by Wim Hof, who held the Guinness World Record for the longest ice bath, and has performed other stunts like climbing Mount Everest in shorts and no shirt, and diving in super-freezing water under ice to come back up through another side. I've started following the method, and the results have been breath-taking (pun intended). As I have mentioned here before, I was diagnosed with Tourettes, and one of the annoying symptoms I face is having an absurd amount of energy, and being unable to concentrate. It's like being on speed, but every second of the day and it doesn't go away. I have found exercise and meditation to be incredible helpful for relaxing my body and honing my mind, but this method taught me how to use the power of BREATHING, and has made my meditations far more vivid and lively. Needless to say it's one of the best things I have discovered recently.

Living like a Shaolin monk.

A Shaolin monk spends his day meditating, praying, and honing his skills to perfection. He doesn't have bullshit in his life taking away his attention. He's one hundred percent focused on what he is doing, and as such, he attains mastery. I have adopted a similar lifestyle. I don't waste my time going out partying, drinking, browsing facebook or snapchat, or socializing with people who drain my energy. I've made the decision that distracting bullshit has no place in my life, and I will spend all my time focusing on what makes me better.

These thing have made my life tremendously better, and if you're in a slump, try them out for yourself and see how your life improves.

very similar to how i live my life now. wim hof method is epic, those cold showers are beast.
My day job is the only shackle holding me back from pure bliss, but i learned to see it as an epic challenge to overcome.
Anything after that is just icing on the cake.

Rickchise23

@clickpickRick
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
503%
Mar 25, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Giving up immediate gratification and a 100k a year income to move 4 states away and focus on my business that was only making $1100 a month at the time but was location independent and I knew I could expand.

Took about a year to go from $1100 per month to exceeding my salary at my old job but I also am able to work whenever or wherever I want and only (have to) work now about 6 hours a week (though I work a bit more) as opposed to 60 hrs a week before with a 2 hour commute. Also much like MJ said moving to PHX, for me from Seattle is a hell of a change and the weather here makes me so much more happy!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Being myself.

Life's too short to be living it for someone else.

Age 14-17: "Why are you always talking about business?"
Age 18: "Why don't you just party and drink and just get a job after college?"
Age 19: "Oh, you sold your first business. That's kind of cool, but are you thinking about interning?"
Age 20: "Why'd you stop being friends with so many people? You should never burn bridges." (Mostly cut out drug addicts, bad influences, people holding me down, and people that are fake. Also started being myself in social interactions. It's easier to find friends that match your personality than to transition into someone you're not.)
Age 21: "Why are you planning to graduate early? If you stay another year, you'll have another 3 degrees."
Age 22: "Why don't you just get a job and move out of your parents place? I know you want to invest cash in your business, but you can do that later."
Age 23: "Hahaha. You still haven't gotten a job? And three of your ventures failed? Dude, just get a sales job for $40k and move on. You're smarter than that."
Age 24: "Wow. How do you like running your own business? Is that hard?" -- Things started coming together, I had a lot more money and freedom than friends. Also liked what I was doing, whereas a lot of them were obviously unhappy.
Age 25 aka NOW: "So you're on vacation? Oh, you're working but living abroad? Ok, but when are you coming back to Chicago? I know you said January 1st 2018, but really - when are you coming back? It's already been three months. How's your business doing? Your clients are fine with you being abroad? You're living off of tax money? Thanks for the invite, but I can't take off work. I'm starting to get face time with execs. Why didn't you visit these countries? If I was you then I would've gone here. Why are you dating Asian girls? White girls are so much hotter. Oh, you're in Poland now? Why don't you go to France? But really, when are you coming back?"

Rickchise23

@clickpickRick
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
503%
Mar 25, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
See photo below, this is why moving to a nice place can completely change your lifestyle! Happy Thursday from Scottsdale Just answering emails poolside

Attachments

• IMG_5524.JPG
    IMG_5524.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 36

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
The best decision I ever made was to (and this is recent and I am still working on it) embrace my weird self and not follow the herd. :playful:

That and buying a Mac. :cool:

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
480%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
The best decisions I've made are the ones where I took action on something, even when I didn't think I was good enough to succeed.

Examples of this, for me, are:
- Enlisting in the military. I didn't think I was strong enough or tough enough to be a soldier. At some point I said I'm going to just do it. From first contact with a recruiter to being on a bus to basic training was about 2 months. Turns out I was pretty good at being a soldier, and time in the military taught me discipline, pushing through hard work, and gave me huge confidence that I lacked before.

- My current job. Yes, it is slowlane, but my point is, when everyone I knew pursued easy jobs with hire anybody companies at $30k a year, I pursued companies that paid 3 times as much and would be a place I could learn something. I have learned about taking care of customers, owning your actions, and more. The lessons I've got from the jobs I've had will stick with me once I leave them.

The thing to know is that to achieve anything, you must pursue it. You must do something. You will come up with things that are big for you, and almost immediately a voice will be in your head about how you can't do it.

I experienced it with the military. "You aren't man enough to be a soldier."
I experienced it with my job. "You aren't smart enough to work there. They want smart people."
And I have experienced it in the short time I've been here. "You are wasting your money."" You are wasting your time.""You can't offer value to people." "That is already being done, why would someone choose you."

I'm going to give it a shot anyhow.

fresh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Apr 28, 2017
NJ
Narrowing my focus. I can't be all things to all people. Niche/Narrow -- and stop chasing trends.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.