• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by IceCreamKid, Jan 23, 2014.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $374,090
    Admin Post
    Excellent synopsis, really highlights why the most frustrating thing for me to hear is "I can't find business ideas!"

Translation: I can't find ideas that are sure things. I can't find ideas with an easy process that allows me to "have fun" or "follow passion." In other words, people can't find ideas because their "idea" of an idea is so f*cked up, they will never find something.

2. SamRussell

SamRussell Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $295
    My pet peeve teaching guitar is parents who don't want their kid to learn an instrument, but want to brag to other parents that their kid is learning an instrument. I can spot that shit a mile off.

3. KatLee

KatLee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $90

I think this post altered my mind in a minor way...Thank you!

Required likes this.
  4. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $387
    Finding an idea. Which for people on this forum is probably ludicrous because ideas are every where and unless the work was perfect there would be no opportunities. (And I believe this too.)

Im totally onboard with having the right Premise - serving others and giving the people what they want (opposed to me chasing money) but something hasn't clicked for me yet..

5. Exhosa

Exhosa Cool Title Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $94
    Thanks for sharing this. And since you said it was a big mistake for you to not read this thread for a long time, I started to read and I'm so glad that I did!

After this awesome thread I jumped to read others started by @IceCreamKid and they're all just great. Can't thank you enough.

6. TedM

TedM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,121
    BTW, there are ideas and there are ideas... For instance, if you have an idea for a product (as opposed to a service) - you could easily test the licensing route, as a low cost and low risk way of getting your feet wet.

[ I'm still working in that direction, as ] It allows you to concentrate on your added value (the concept/design) and let the heavy lifting go to the people/companies who already know how to do that.

Also, if you are in search of ideas, here's a really interesting talk I heard recently. Danny is a really good guy & this is worth a listen (the first 2 1/2 minutes is *not* indicative of the content.) He runs the center for entrepreneurship @ Brown University, but he's practical and not "too" academic in his presentation, on:
    Bottom-Up Research: The Most Critical Skill in Entrepreneurship

RoadTrip, JunkBoxJoey_JBJ and blurr like this.
  7. JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ When you see this, say something clever. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $534
    This video has more value than one may think.
    Highly recommend. EXCELLENT.

LittleJohn likes this.
  8. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $387
    This is a good one thanks for the recommendation. Like tuning your RAS as MJ says. Keeping your eyes and ears open...

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.