The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION The Artist's Way

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

NT2

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
For the last 2-3 months I've been putting 15-20 hours into my business. I'm a little different from most on this forum because I'm starting with an idea and looking to make it viable rather than choosing a business based on a need. I know myself well enough to know that I can't just do any business based on its potential. I have to do something meaningful to me.

So my businesses are fine art painting and life coaching, but I'm only focused on the art right now. I know what I need to do to improve my skill set and I'm working on the business end of it. Once I have a handle on that, I'll focus more on the life coaching.

My job's hours are 10:30 am to 7, so I work on the business from 7 am to 9:30 every weekday. Plus more on the weekend. I can definitely see improvements in my skills and mindset.

The challenges I had with moving states, finding a place to live, and finding my dream day-job taught me the process of how to make stuff happen using a combination of proper mindset and diligent effort.

I believe that foundation will make me successful. However I know how easy it is to slip back into laziness, poor mindset, doubt, etc. So I'm committing to posting my progress on the forum once a week so that I have some accountability. I've abandoned groups in the past because people can be so negative and judgmental online, savaging you if you do things differently from them.

But I'm willing to take the risk because my goals are worth it.

Good luck to everyone!

Raven

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Beerbread

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
Following! I'm in a similar boat as well! I'm interested to see what you came up with!

What are you improving with your art? Is it more skill or is it more business side? My experience is that there's an audience for everyone, so you can start selling originals off the bat if you position yourself as high-end. I'd love to see some of your work!

BellaPippin

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm a little different from most on this forum because I'm starting with an idea and looking to make it viable rather than choosing a business based on a need. I know myself well enough to know that I can't just do any business based on its potential. I have to do something meaningful to me.

I'll be that person, before everyone else comes. I'm into art as well. Playing Steve Jobs is more difficult than finding a need and filling it. As someone in the art community I've identified a few that could solve many headaches. If you've read unscripted, then you know what we're gonna say about the "follow your passion" Yes on one extreme you just pick ANY need. But it's also doable when you have a niche and can find a need in it. You combine something you're interested in with something the market has a need for. You might tell me oh well, there's so many people just making cutie cactus into stickers and selling it. But if you're going for something that can consistently give you a fair living even when you sleep, you'll want to have a productocracy!

You definitely have the hustle part, which is not easy at all, make sure you don't waste it making someone no one wants. Validate your idea. Make a few and see if people will buy it.

Good luck!

NT2

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Following! I'm in a similar boat as well! I'm interested to see what you came up with!

What are you improving with your art? Is it more skill or is it more business side? My experience is that there's an audience for everyone, so you can start selling originals off the bat if you position yourself as high-end. I'd love to see some of your work!
Hi, Beerbread,
Yes, I'm working mostly on improving my skill set. I want to become more consistent and faster. Also, I'm filling in the gaps in my education because I'm mostly self-taught. There are some great classes out there. I don't have a ton of stuff up yet. But my Instagram is @raintreeartgallery and my website is www.RavensFineArt.com. I have a lot of business knowledge already so it's more about translating that knowledge to art and fine-tuning my niche.

Thanks for responding! It's fun to meet a fellow artist on here!

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom