The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The ART of dedication & success

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Hi Fastlaners,

Mj's book was a waking up call for me. For the past 2-3 years I have just been relaxing and my income was a bit poor but I had no motivation to do anything about it. After i read Mj's book last November, it lit a fire under my butt and got me motivated again.

I want to say that about 2-3 years ago, I created 1 internet marketing product and only made 1 sale from it. Traffic generation was the biggest issue for me and I quit after that 1 sale. Well, after reading Mj's book I got motivated again to become a PRODUCER and doing it on a mass level. I was always a consumer and it sucked. I have bought a lot of courses and materials over the past 4-5 months. All of this is education and I believe we must invest in ourself and our business, so education is key.

Currently I am close to finishing my 2nd product and shall have them listed and start selling them. My goal is to have 5-8 products created by the end of this year. As long as I have products out there, there is a good chance of money coming my way.

1 product may not make millions but it could make some good money, 5-10 products can easily earn you a nice couple of grands a month, if not more. This dedication is all due to Mj's book and I will reach my millions eventually. Stay dedicated and work your tail off people, success can happen!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Glad to hear your taking action. Good Luck! Just don't make the mistake of making a bunch of so-so products instead of putting all your effort into ONE Great product. Many people make the mistake that more is better and one of them eventually has to hit it big. By focusing on so many different products at once, your going to fall into the trap of putting 20% effort into 5 products without any of them realizing their full potential.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Each product has great value, it will definitely benefit the customer. Creating crap products is never going to make any money.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
They could all be great products. If you don't focus on making each one great before you move on to the next one, you could have 8 great products that do absolutely nothing for you. I have 100 product ideas in mind but I'm starting with one and will not start another until it's to the point where it doesn't need my full 100% effort. For now, I focus ALL my attention on my one product. I'm not even thinking about the others until this one gets rolling and gets rolling good. Making one ok product and focusing 100% attention on it until it become great is much better then putting 10% effort into 10 Amazing products and never realizing even half of their potential.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
They could all be great products. If you don't focus on making each one great before you move on to the next one, you could have 8 great products that do absolutely nothing for you. I have 100 product ideas in mind but I'm starting with one and will not start another until it's to the point where it doesn't need my full 100% effort. For now, I focus ALL my attention on my one product. I'm not even thinking about the others until this one gets rolling and gets rolling good. Making one ok product and focusing 100% attention on it until it become great is much better then putting 10% effort into 10 Amazing products and never realizing even half of their potential.

These are info products and they are done...1 is live with sales letter and everything. The 2nd product is also done and I'm finishing up the sales letter. Both of these products are centered around hot topics that are evergreen and I know quite a bit of information about both. I would say close to 7 years of knowledge. The quality is good, now its just up to selling them and drawing tons of traffic to my websites. Ideas are dime a dozen, I am past that and created the products and they will sell. Both are good quality and that's all i can say..

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
When I first started out I had 3 products.

I had NO idea which one would be in more or less demand than the others.

I am VERY happy I did not do just one product as it turned out 2 did almost no sales and the third one basically made the company jump. I got rid of the other 2 and kept the good one and then started making more. Now up to 20 or so, can't remember actually.

VERY fortunate in that out of the top 5 they all have very close to equal sales. I would NOT want a company which relies very heavily on one product, you never know the govt comes along and changes a rule which makes that one unsalable and bam my company is doing horribly as what just happened to a close friend of mine. His top 2 products are GONE and he is hurting bad.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
When I first started out I had 3 products.

I had NO idea which one would be in more or less demand than the others.

I am VERY happy I did not do just one product as it turned out 2 did almost no sales and the third one basically made the company jump. I got rid of the other 2 and kept the good one and then started making more. Now up to 20 or so, can't remember actually.

VERY fortunate in that out of the top 5 they all have very close to equal sales. I would NOT want a company which relies very heavily on one product, you never know the govt comes along and changes a rule which makes that one unsalable and bam my company is doing horribly as what just happened to a close friend of mine. His top 2 products are GONE and he is hurting bad.

Did you design and manufacture your own products or are you wholesaling/retailing existing. Just curious.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm not saying that he should only have one product. What I'm saying is to get one product going first, put 100% effort into it, then get started on another. I have one product right now and as soon as the ball gets rolling, I will start on my second product. But until that time, I will give my first product everything I've got and make sure it becomes a success.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I have offered in the past to put health products on my website, if any of them are in the health niche, that offer still stands.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Did you design and manufacture your own products or are you wholesaling/retailing existing. Just curious.

I formulated the 2 that did NOT sell well lol and the other was formulated by a friend. I had a manufacturer take care of that end.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada

Patrick, do you have all 20 in the same niche, or do you recommend diversification across topics?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Oh Jon, I wouldn't really know what to recommend honestly, hate to lead someone in the wrong direction.

All mine are in the same health and beauty niche because that is the niche the company is in.

Sort of like if you started a company what sold grips for a fishing rod and then something else for fishing the company is a fishing equipment company so probably makes the most sense to just keep coming up with products for fishing.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Thanks Patrick,

I guess what I was wondering, since the discussion in this thread was the benefits of focusing on one versus a few products and you seemed to fall on the side of having a few products, I was thinking if the same goes for niches.

There seems obvious advantage to staying within one topic area as you leverage your expertise and potentially leverage your client base as well, but maybe when first starting out, some trial and error in different markets might be wise as well?

Jon

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
For me personally I would find it too big a job to concentrate in more than one niche when starting.

The 3 products were in the same niche.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
For me personally I would find it too big a job to concentrate in more than one niche when starting.

The 3 products were in the same niche.

This is exactly what I am doing right now. I have one product and as soon it's to the point where I want it to be, I'm going to start creating product #2. It's in the same niche and actually will compliment product #1. Then we have a few more products to add down the line.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
This is exactly what I am doing right now. I have one product and as soon it's to the point where I want it to be, I'm going to start creating product #2. It's in the same niche and actually will compliment product #1. Then we have a few more products to add down the line.

You are a very fascinating person/member here. I usually read a post before I see who made it.

More often than not when I read your posts I think DAMN I want to know EVERYTHING about this person's business because it just seems very logically laid out, proper order etc. Then I look over and sure enough it is Likwid24 again lol

This is a huge compliment and I hope you take it as such.

Also I notice your thanks received are VERY close to 50% the number of posts you have made. A real goal to shoot for but for me I am more in the lowly 25% range, something I have to work on.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thanks for the compliment Patrick!

I'm here to try to help people as much as I can, but I'm here mostly to learn since I'm not even close to where I want to be yet. Although my business is in it's infancy stage, my goal is for it to eventually run like a well oiled machine. That's why I'm on this forum. To learn from people like you and many others who have already been there and done that. I'm trying to take as much in as possible and listen to the successful members of the forum, but I also like to contribute along the way.

Anytime I can help someone out, it helps me out. I don't pay much attention to the thanks I receive as much as I do about sincerely trying to help out other members in the forum. I'm sure there's many people you and I have both helped out that did not thank us for it but as long as we helped them, I'm good with that.

Keep on spreading your knowledge and I'm sure everything will even out.

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I completely agree with the others who have encouraged to create one (or few) great products first and get those out. Too many products in too little time will just burn you out with all the launching and marketing. And that can be really boring really.

On top of that there is always the thing with writing salescopy etc.

One or few good quality products are more easy to market than 10 products of any calibre.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.