The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Anarchists - HBO - Ancap Libertarian Freedom Movement Documentary Series Discussion

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I highly recommend this limited series. I know a lot of people here probably already have opinions about Anarchapulco (or more likely, its founder, Jeff Berwick) already, but it is a really unique documentary and a collection of very interesting human stories. In my opinion, Berwick and Anarchapulco are just the backdrop/background, but this show is really about everyone else who was involved in the community.

The crew that produced this attended every single event for six years and the fact that they were there from the beginning gives a very different perspective and pacing than other documentaries where the story is mostly after-the-fact.

If you have HBO, watch it, and I'd really like to hear your thoughts on if it changed your perspective(s) about life in any way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
While I was in mexico this was a hot discussion, and most of the legit people who wanted to leave their countries for Mexio were pretty pissed off at the direction that thing was heading and portrayed. I personally don't know anything about it, but it sounds like it could be a interesting watch

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
While I was in mexico this was a hot discussion, and most of the legit people who wanted to leave their countries for Mexio were pretty pissed off at the direction that thing was heading and portrayed. I personally don't know anything about it, but it sounds like it could be a interesting watch
Yeah, you should definitely watch it and I'm sure you'd have your own take since you actually live in Mexico part time.

I was aware of the community from news articles at the time when one of the community members was murdered (not really a spoiler), but my understanding of what had happened was completely wrong. There are three deaths over the course of the series involving three very different people and three very different causes. Each one tests what it means to be free or live freely in its own way.

At the end, my opinions of the conference did not change, but there were quite a few people in the show who I'd love to have lunch with and get to know if I had the chance

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.