The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The All Time Top 3 Life Changing Books...

For any book discussion

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Ok, I really enjoy reading but due to time constraints I am currently very limited to the amount of time I can read. Neither do I want to waste my time by slogging through a book just to see if I can apply some of its principles.

I am looking for the TOP 3 BUSINESS BOOKS THAT YOU BELIEVE WERE TOTALLY LIFE CHANGING, and MIND ALTERING; that if you were left with a choice of only 3 in the world, what would they be and WHY????

if you want to add more than that, fine, but please keep them in order of priority.

Needless to say, most of us can agree that TMF is on the list or we wouldn't be here, but I want to know what your others are and a short reason WHY. That way, I hope it will help me eliminate this incredibly long list I have and may not ever get around to finishing.

So help me out, think about the TOP 3 life altering business books and if they are repeated enough by others, than it would be noted.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Besides the MFL and RDPD which I'm sure you have read:

-Thick Face Black Heart- teaches you to deal with people, look at the big picture, keep from getting screwed over.

-The Travelers Gift- why not work on things as big as possible

-Atlas Shrugged- everything the government touches turns to crap

Life altering? How about the Bible?

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
RDPD...... how to win friends and influence people...... Anyone can do it......

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Change is a process, so I believe that each one of these were never solely responsible for changing my life, but each gradually added important information and priceless lessons to take away.

Millionaire Fastlane and Rich Dad Poor Dad are undoubtedly the biggest kicks to the head.

Then,
1. Psycho-cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz : A plastic surgeon changes peoples faces and realizes why some people's personalities will change, while others won't. MUST READ. (most of Anthony Robbins stuff is based on this)
2. Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin: America's first millionaire shells out golden nuggets of wisdom in a compact little book.
3. Personal Power by Anthony Robbins : Audio series that breaks down human behavior, and how the mind functions.

These are just off the top of my head, I have a few gigs of books racked up in my read folder :cool:

Last edited:

WilliamD

Worldshifter
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Feb 10, 2014
Norway
1.) Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins.

"Scientific Advertising is an important work on advertising from the early 20th century and is still used today by those learning the basics and more advanced parts of the advertising field. The author of Scientific Advertising, Claude C. Hopkins, is well known as the father of modern advertising techniques, and this book has been widely used by students of advertising and marketing."

**BTW you can read the whole potent 73 page book online for free which also is legal at: http://www.scientificadvertising.com/ScientificAdvertising.pdf

2.)The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield

" ....Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identifies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success...."

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
In terms of specifically business books? These three, and what I took to be their most important lessons:

1. Ecclesiastes. Nothing has value when you run out of time; conversely time is of supreme value.

2. Rich Dad Poor Dad: "The rich buy assets, the poor buy liabilities."

3. The Millionaire Fastlane : Poverty is a mindset that begets certain actions; you can be a millionaire and a side-walker. Nobody who hasn't made a million dollars fast can tell you how to make a million dollars fast. Your product must exist independent of your time, either through duplication or longevity, to produce wealth rapidly.

From there, I think the forum really added a lot more insights, and reinforced what I missed on the first reading of TMF . After that, I've mostly been reading "tuning" books like Never Eat Alone; I need execution guidance now, I've been fully briefed on theory.

tido

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 11, 2013
Houston
Number one on my all time favorite, life-changing...mind exploding...rude awakening...is of course TMF , if I had to pick 3 more out of my 500+ ebooks collection would have to be:
1. Seth Godin "Linchpin" - it makes me realized that I'm just a cog in a machine and always dispensable.
2. "The $100 Startup" - don't need millionaire backers/investors/VC to start your biz.
3. "Blue Ocean Strategy" - think outside the box, create your own niche and space (blue ocean) inside the vast ocean of competition (red ocean).

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
1. bible
2. MFL
3. 4 Hour Work Week

(in that order)

Honorable mention to Thick Face, Black Heart, The Art of War, and any of Henry David Thoreau's works.

Also dig Atlas Shrugged, and Blue Ocean Strategy mentioned above. Also the Discipline of Market Leaders.

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
  1. Running Lean
  2. How to Make Friends & Influence People
  3. The Four Hour Work Week
You going to tally the results? I hope you share with us the rankings at the end!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
1- How to Win Friends and Influence People - Love this book!
2- Thick Face, Black Heart - Thanks for putting me onto that book @Kak
3- The Laws of Success - This book is REALLY long. I have the audio version and listen to it when I'm running, on a plane, at work, etc... I think that anyone who truly follows Napoleon Hills laws of success, will eventually become successful.

These 3 books will now tell you what to do to become successful, but will tell you the mindset and attitude you need to become a success. I believe that this is where you anyone should start first. Build your success from the inside, and eventually it will show on the outside.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Other than TMF ;

1. Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

2. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

3. The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss

4HWW cops a bit of flack in TMF , but I think it is a valuable book. While a lot of the material is not relevant to everybody, it has some really cool ideas and resources that could be incredibly useful. More of a book to keep referring back to certain parts of rather than a start-to-finish kind of read.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
1. TMF - this is a life-changing book if you do the work
2. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. What makes things "tip" and turn into movements.
3. The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. Most of the knowledge of an MBA program for the cost of a book and a little time.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I've never actually read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I know RK gets flack about the seminars but is the book a worthwhile read?

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
3. The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. Most of the knowledge of an MBA program for the cost of a book and a little time.

If you really think that you can exchange a two years of hard work with one book and working by yourself, than you are literally really stupid.
If you think, that you can believe a Man, who even never did a one mba program, but is teaching it, than you are naive as 5 years old in addition.

Don't go to school, don't do mba. Yes, less producent a community of illiterated idiots.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
If you really think that you can exchange a two years of hard work with one book and working by yourself, than you are literally really stupid.
If you think, that you can believe a Man, who even never did a one mba program, but is teaching it, than you are naive as 5 years old in addition.

Don't go to school, don't do mba. Yes, less producent a community of illiterated idiots.

Was a personal attack really necessary? He gave his opinion about one of his favorite books.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Was a personal attack really necessary? He gave his opinion about one of his favorite books.
I know. But it can mislead people that going shortcuts will give them the same as two years of hard work with extreme inteligent people of enormous knowledge and experience.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014

Totally uncalled for an out of line. Personal attacks have no place in a forum such as this, and there is no reason for you to be a jerk.

Of course you cannot get everything from an MBA program from a book because of the networking and interactions that are missed when not meeting in person. The same could be said for an online program, yet many have great success with them. It is all in how the knowledge is applied, because without action it is worthless.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I've never actually read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I know RK gets flack about the seminars but is the book a worthwhile read?
It is for a primer, for an absolute newbie to get them starting to think.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014

If you are already a financial expert it's probably not worth it.

For me, it was the first 'money' book that I read; after wanting to learn more I ended up buying TMF. It's a good, coherent book for beginners.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
If you are already a financial expert it's probably not worth it.

For me, it was the first 'money' book that I read; after wanting to learn more I ended up buying TMF. It's a good, coherent book for beginners.
I've already read TMF and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor quite a few times. Sounds like I can skip RDPD then.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
So if you are short on time

1. As a man thinketh ( I like to think of it as the condensed version of think and grow rich)

2. Extraordinary Popular Delusional and the madness of crowds

3. Probably some arbritage book or mathematics book (risk arbritage is good if you can stomach textbooks)

Some honorable mentions
The miracle morning
Creating magic
Delivering happiness
The goal
Bible (lol)
Million dollar habits
rDpD
The ultimate sales machine
Cashvertising

You should make more time to read, I heard Buffet reads 500 pages a day

NetNinja

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jun 18, 2013
Agreed about Rich Dad poor dad.
I read his book back in early 90's

I found a lot of flaws in his book as in pretty much exaggerations of the truth.
I'll give you one example. He joined the Marine Corps to lead Marines. Some truth but he was a 2ndLT and a helicopter pilot. Pilots don't lead Marines.
He did serve in the Marines and he did go to Vietnam, He did a 2 year tour and he resigned his commission.

Read it to get a basic understanding of what he is talking about in terms of Rich dad and Poor dad.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I know. But it can mislead people that going shortcuts will give them the same as two years of hard work with extreme inteligent people of enormous knowledge and experience.
I agree it can mislead people but at the same time, unless they are entering an industry where it's required it's easy to accumulate the information outside of paying tuition fees.

If you're just looking for the same information it's readily available in today's world. If you want the certificate, go to school.

My recommended book for you would be: How to Win Friends and Influence people.

Source: I've got an MBA

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.