• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Book The All Time Top 3 Life Changing Books...

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by million$$$smile, Apr 8, 2014.

1. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,559
    Ok, I really enjoy reading but due to time constraints I am currently very limited to the amount of time I can read. Neither do I want to waste my time by slogging through a book just to see if I can apply some of its principles.

I am looking for the TOP 3 BUSINESS BOOKS THAT YOU BELIEVE WERE TOTALLY LIFE CHANGING, and MIND ALTERING; that if you were left with a choice of only 3 in the world, what would they be and WHY????

if you want to add more than that, fine, but please keep them in order of priority.

Needless to say, most of us can agree that TMF is on the list or we wouldn't be here, but I want to know what your others are and a short reason WHY. That way, I hope it will help me eliminate this incredibly long list I have and may not ever get around to finishing.

So help me out, think about the TOP 3 life altering business books and if they are repeated enough by others, than it would be noted.

Thanks!

Mrs. BRKb, JasonR, KLaw and 11 others like this.
  2. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,249
    Besides the MFL and RDPD which I'm sure you have read:

-Thick Face Black Heart- teaches you to deal with people, look at the big picture, keep from getting screwed over.

-The Travelers Gift- why not work on things as big as possible

-Atlas Shrugged- everything the government touches turns to crap

Life altering? How about the Bible?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    YoungPadawan, Roz, co-heir and 16 others like this.
  3. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,635
    RDPD...... how to win friends and influence people...... Anyone can do it......

DeletedUser052, Likwid24, Rem and 3 others like this.
  4. Silverhawk851

Silverhawk851 Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $33,567
    Change is a process, so I believe that each one of these were never solely responsible for changing my life, but each gradually added important information and priceless lessons to take away.

Millionaire Fastlane and Rich Dad Poor Dad are undoubtedly the biggest kicks to the head.

Then,
    1. Psycho-cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz : A plastic surgeon changes peoples faces and realizes why some people's personalities will change, while others won't. MUST READ. (most of Anthony Robbins stuff is based on this)
    2. Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin: America's first millionaire shells out golden nuggets of wisdom in a compact little book.
    3. Personal Power by Anthony Robbins : Audio series that breaks down human behavior, and how the mind functions.

These are just off the top of my head, I have a few gigs of books racked up in my read folder :cool:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    ElPatrico, Supercar, SJVC and 10 others like this.
  5. WilliamD

WilliamD Worldshifter Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $155
    1.) Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins.

"Scientific Advertising is an important work on advertising from the early 20th century and is still used today by those learning the basics and more advanced parts of the advertising field. The author of Scientific Advertising, Claude C. Hopkins, is well known as the father of modern advertising techniques, and this book has been widely used by students of advertising and marketing."

**BTW you can read the whole potent 73 page book online for free which also is legal at: http://www.scientificadvertising.com/ScientificAdvertising.pdf

2.)The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield

" ....Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identifies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success...."

6. BostjanBel

BostjanBel New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
  7. RHL

RHL The coaching was a joke guys. Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,558
    In terms of specifically business books? These three, and what I took to be their most important lessons:

1. Ecclesiastes. Nothing has value when you run out of time; conversely time is of supreme value.

2. Rich Dad Poor Dad: "The rich buy assets, the poor buy liabilities."

3. The Millionaire Fastlane: Poverty is a mindset that begets certain actions; you can be a millionaire and a side-walker. Nobody who hasn't made a million dollars fast can tell you how to make a million dollars fast. Your product must exist independent of your time, either through duplication or longevity, to produce wealth rapidly.

From there, I think the forum really added a lot more insights, and reinforced what I missed on the first reading of TMF. After that, I've mostly been reading "tuning" books like Never Eat Alone; I need execution guidance now, I've been fully briefed on theory.

Kak, Ouroboros, CPisHere and 4 others like this.
  8. MyronGainz

MyronGainz Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,344
    1. The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen
    2. The Essays Of Warren Buffettby Warren Buffett
    3. Winning by Jack Welch

million$$$smile likes this.
  9. tido

tido Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $223
    Number one on my all time favorite, life-changing...mind exploding...rude awakening...is of course TMF, if I had to pick 3 more out of my 500+ ebooks collection would have to be:
    1. Seth Godin "Linchpin" - it makes me realized that I'm just a cog in a machine and always dispensable.
    2. "The $100 Startup" - don't need millionaire backers/investors/VC to start your biz.
    3. "Blue Ocean Strategy" - think outside the box, create your own niche and space (blue ocean) inside the vast ocean of competition (red ocean).

10. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $183,912
    1. bible
    2. MFL
    3. 4 Hour Work Week

(in that order)

Honorable mention to Thick Face, Black Heart, The Art of War, and any of Henry David Thoreau's works.

Also dig Atlas Shrugged, and Blue Ocean Strategy mentioned above. Also the Discipline of Market Leaders.

SMH, Roz, #nowhere and 10 others like this.
  11. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,396
    1. TMF
    2. Awaken the giant within - Anthony Robbins
    3. Anyone can do it - Duncan Bannatyne

D11FYY, RazorCut and million$$$smile like this.
  12. bane

bane Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $747
    1. Running Lean
    2. How to Make Friends & Influence People
    3. The Four Hour Work Week
    You going to tally the results? I hope you share with us the rankings at the end!

13. Chadi

Chadi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,359
    Think and grow rich
    E-Myth
    Mind made prison

14. mlk

mlk New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Very thought provoking and inspiring books you can check out:

The law of success
    The Present - Universal Truth (for free online)

15. Skys

Skys Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $480
    1. Eckhart Tolle - Power of now
    2. 7 habits of highly effective people
    3. Fight club

deep singh and million$$$smile like this.
  16. Likwid24

Likwid24 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $35,537
    1- How to Win Friends and Influence People - Love this book!
    2- Thick Face, Black Heart - Thanks for putting me onto that book @Kak
    3- The Laws of Success - This book is REALLY long. I have the audio version and listen to it when I'm running, on a plane, at work, etc... I think that anyone who truly follows Napoleon Hills laws of success, will eventually become successful.

These 3 books will now tell you what to do to become successful, but will tell you the mindset and attitude you need to become a success. I believe that this is where you anyone should start first. Build your success from the inside, and eventually it will show on the outside.

17. AlanJ

AlanJ Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $141
    Other than TMF;

1. Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

2. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

3. The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss

4HWW cops a bit of flack in TMF, but I think it is a valuable book. While a lot of the material is not relevant to everybody, it has some really cool ideas and resources that could be incredibly useful. More of a book to keep referring back to certain parts of rather than a start-to-finish kind of read.

RazorCut likes this.
  18. Michael1359

Michael1359 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $256
    1. TMF - this is a life-changing book if you do the work
    2. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. What makes things "tip" and turn into movements.
    3. The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. Most of the knowledge of an MBA program for the cost of a book and a little time.

19. MattCour

MattCour Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,696
    I've never actually read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I know RK gets flack about the seminars but is the book a worthwhile read?

20. WorldImperator

WorldImperator Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $557
    If you really think that you can exchange a two years of hard work with one book and working by yourself, than you are literally really stupid.
    If you think, that you can believe a Man, who even never did a one mba program, but is teaching it, than you are naive as 5 years old in addition.

Don't go to school, don't do mba. Yes, less producent a community of illiterated idiots.

Kak likes this.
  21. MattCour

MattCour Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,696
    Was a personal attack really necessary? He gave his opinion about one of his favorite books.

Chimp, Marius S., Ramma and 3 others like this.
  22. WorldImperator

WorldImperator Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $557
    I know. But it can mislead people that going shortcuts will give them the same as two years of hard work with extreme inteligent people of enormous knowledge and experience.

Kak likes this.
  23. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,560

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    SeanyHang likes this.
  24. Michael1359

Michael1359 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $256
    Totally uncalled for an out of line. Personal attacks have no place in a forum such as this, and there is no reason for you to be a jerk.

Of course you cannot get everything from an MBA program from a book because of the networking and interactions that are missed when not meeting in person. The same could be said for an online program, yet many have great success with them. It is all in how the knowledge is applied, because without action it is worthless.

25. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $78,606
    It is for a primer, for an absolute newbie to get them starting to think.