The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Abolition of Aging by David Wood

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
I recently read a book by David Wood, a co-founder of Symbian, called the Abolition of Aging. This book is primarily about the current state of the rejuvenatory medical field of science. I think that this book will be appreciated by people who frequent this forum because it is about innovation which is an important cornerstone to entrepreneurism. The book was published in 2016, so it is relatively current in terms of breakthroughs that have occurred.

What makes this book inspiring to read are not only the modern breakthroughs that it describes, but also past breakthroughs that have occurred. For example, it discusses how in the early 1900's, many notable scientists, such as Lord Kelvin, were doubtful that an airplane could ever be invented. Obviously, such people must have felt foolish when the Wright Brother created the airplane in 1903. This example alone can teach a lot and inspire people who may be trying to do something that is being ridiculed by those around them.

I originally picked this book up out of a little bit out of boredom and a little bit out of curiosity. However, much to my surprise, it managed to knock my socks off and blow my mind. This book helped give me new perspective of what is possible, it helped reinforce the old saying that "anything is possible", and has changed my life.

For those who are interested, below are two links which show the caliber of modern innovation that is discussed in the book.

Since I'm new to these forums and I don't know what the general mood may be towards the concept of potentially living forever, I apologize in advance if I have somehow ruffled any feathers. Regardless of what your viewpoint is, I hope that you will nonetheless be able to appreciate some of the core values about innovation that underlie this book and that you will have an easier time embracing the old saying that "anything is possible" if you do read this book, and that such knowledge will ultimately aid you in your entrepreneurship endeavors.

http://embomolmed.embopress.org/content/4/8/691

First gene therapy successful against human aging

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King

Please SEARCH before posting.