The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

The 7 Deadly Sins Translated for Wealth and Success

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Danweebly

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
I recently read this article from fastlaneentrepreneurs[dot]com. No. 6 really touched me and i've repented of it. Excerpts below:

Deadly Sin #6: ENVY
In the movie, Wall Street, Money Never Sleeps, Shia Lebouf asks the rich financier, Josh Brolin “How much money is enough? What number is enough for you?” His answer?

MORE.

I believe MORE is ENVY.

Envy is a prescription for unhappiness because there will always be someone else with something better, bigger, and faster. In other words, the illusion of MORE never arrives. MORE keeps you confined in future thinking and denies all the joys of your present.

Instead, find your ENOUGH.

I’ve found my enough and while MORE would be a sweet surprise, I don’t need it.

If I wanted MORE (4 Lamborghinis instead of 1, or a 12,000 square ft house instead of 4,500) I’d be in trouble. I’d be back on the treadmill of the rat race facing sleepless nights and pressure filled deadlines. When you want for nothing and find your ENOUGH, it’s a great place to be. Find your ENOUGH and you’ll find happiness too.

REPENT: Strive for more, but know how much and what exactly is your enough. Be grateful for what you have. (Many people around the world don’t have clean water, toilets, food, etc.) You might be shocked at how close you are to “enough” — once you get there, you gain immunity from the rampant message of consumerism. My personal turning point of happiness was at age 27 and ironically, I was broke — it was the 1st time in my life I was fully self-supportive via entrepreneurship.

Read all @ Sinners Repent: The 7 Deadly Sins Translated for Wealth and Success – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Logan P

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 6, 2017
New England
Is that even one of MJ’s sites?... Can’t say I’ve ever read, listened, or even imagined MJ saying “Whatz up” to his followers let alone in a box to prompt new users to enter their email address...just doesn’t seem like his content

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Is that even one of MJ’s sites?... Can’t say I’ve ever read, listened, or even imagined MJ saying “Whatz up” to his followers let alone in a box to prompt new users to enter their email address...just doesn’t seem like his content
That is one of his older sites to get the word on TMF going.
Now MJ has more leverage, like a bunch of raving entrepreneurs on the Forum, hundreds of reviews on Amazon to his name, and numerous YouTube interviews.

We all use to walk in a baby walker or move in a pram. Now we run on our two strong feet, or zoom around in a car.

We do different things at different times in our work.;)

Logan P

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 6, 2017
New England
That is one of his older sites to get the word on TMF going.
Now MJ has more leverage, like a bunch of raving entrepreneurs on the Forum, hundreds of reviews on Amazon to his name, and numerous YouTube interviews.

We all use to walk in a baby walker or move in a pram. Now we run on our two strong feet, or zoom around in a car.

We do different things at different times in our work.;)
Ahhh, gotcha. I definitely understand that haha! Thank you for the response, just wanted to make sure somebody wasn’t mooching off MJ’s success! :D

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Is that even one of MJ’s sites?

It is, but I decided I would focus all my time here at the forum as it is more engaging with readers than a blog.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom