The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit "Social" Thread

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I'm going to stay until Thursday and just make a vacation of this thing. If anybody wants to hang with a dumb redneck from Ky, holla

But at least the garage had an F40 and a couple of Lambos.
Priorities lol

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
Electric bike ride on Sunday at 10:am. A two hour (round trip) bike ride from downtown Scottsdale to Tempe Town lake and back.

The bikes have multiple levels of assist from no electric power to full electric. Cost is $45 for the bike rental.

The route goes along a canal, along side of Papago Mountain, behind the Phoenix zoo, through some hills, and into Tempe Town Lake. Very few streets to cross.

Will only proceed if we have 8 or more people sign up for this. There will be a group discount if we reach 14 people.

Please let me know if you intend on participating by Thursday, 1/30. Sign up only if you are committed. I need to let the rental place know the count.
I'll know by tomorrow or Tuesday if I can push my flight back.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hey All,
I have 12 electric bikes/scooters reserved. I may be able to add to this if anyone else wishes to come along. The cost is $45 per person. We will meet at 9:30 am at :

Phat Rides USA
7901 E Thomas Rd, Suite 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Let me know if you have a vehicle to drive for carpool from the hotel.

The ride is 2 hours long through the Scottsdale canals and washes down to Tempe Town Lake. Anyone interested can meet us for lunch afterwards even if you don't go on the ride. Suggestions are welcome but I like Sweet Tomatoes. Don't have one in my town so I like to go whenever the opportunity arises.

The list that I have so far:
@JustinY , @JordanK , @Harbourmaster , @Fox , @MetalGear , @PapaGang , @21elnegocio , @TreyAllDay , Steven K, Jason O , @SteveO , @AceVentures , @Strategery

Questionable:
@amp0193 , @Bora.s , @WillHurtDontCare , @Empires , @akotu , @TTG SS , @MitchC @becks22 , @Runum , @FastManCostin

There will be other ad lib events going on. This one required me to put down a sizable deposit so if you sign up, I would appreciate it if you don't bail out to do something else.

There is still room for more if anyone else wants to come along.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I got a little WhatsApp group going for people to meet up and plan the above trips.

If you want to be added in just message me your number.

@SteveO definitely down for the hike. See you there.

akotu

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
After a bit of reflection, the logistics for an off-road trip would be a bit difficult. Vehicles would be an issue. Plus the fact that the Apache highway is closed throws a bit of a damper on it.

So, I am back to Camelback Mountain on Thursday. Meet at 10:30 in the blue coyote cantina. No need to sign up for this one.

The hike is close to the event but we will still need transportation. Please let us know if you can take people along. @akotu ?

Camelback sounds great. I can take 4 people in my truck.

PM if you need a ride from the resort to the hike.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Flying in during the night of the sixth, @SteveO I'd love to go to the bike ride as well! Please add me to the list.
@Fox Creating a WhatsApp, will send you my information, please add me to the group :).

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Guys relax! You guys are coming to the sunniest place in the states. This nice weather we have here will make you relax and enjoy your stay. PHX is a very calm city compare to all the other major cities. You guys will not want to leave and join the 100s of people moving in a daily basis.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
I arrived at Phoenix today and stay close to old town Scottsdale.
Anyone in for a hike at the Camelback Mountain tomorrow?

EDIT: I see there will be a Camelback Hike on Thursday at 10:30 in the morning.

EDIT2: I have a car and can pick up 3-4 people, depending on the size of the people :smile2:

Last edited:

Geekour

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 27, 2017
TX
Just thought I'd encourage everyone to take some Vitamin C and whatever else you like to do to boost your immunity in the days leading up to the event.

I know that when I travel / drink different water / sleep in a different bed / have a different schedule, it can take a toll on me.

Let's be at our best and brightest for this!

Zinc and Vitamin C are great to boost immunity!

Nerd fun fact but too much zinc (>15mg/day) will compete with copper in the body and make you lethargic so supplement with care At the right ratio though it's fantastic for immunity, hormone balance, and fertility.

Hope it's not too late but looking forward to joining the thursday hike and sunday bike ride!

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I second the suggestion of Camelback Mountain. I went there with a member at a previous summit and it was a fun climb (although, a few questionable parts despite picking the 'safe' way up out of the two).

Great way to get out and do something physical in the sun (which, in February, was unheard of for me, being a Bostonian) before settling into those conference seats.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'm sure you could get a group for Sunday morning. It is rugged terrain, you don't want to be there in the dark. I used to live at the base of the mountain. There were rescue helicopters at least twice a week during tourist season.

Thank you, I wasn’t sure how strenuous of a hike it was. Sunday morning sounds like a definite possibility!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
If you guys will be renting a car I suggest to drive up to Sedona.(1-2hr drive depending of traffic) Theres some off road jeep tours you can do. There’s plenty of mountains to hike. Theres a another town called Prescott that you can go too a lot of outdoor activities. Payson is a good place to hit up. If you want something closer You can hike A mountain in Tempe and then go to the town lake. You can hike camel back mountain as well. For food and dinner options you can go to Fountain Hills, Paradise Valley , downtown PHX and of course Scottsdale. Theres a small suburb called Arcaida thats has alot of good places. And old town Scottsdale is the spot to party. Just depends what your into
Sedona and Prescott are beautiful places. I lived in Prescott for a few years.

They are both in the mountains and can be cold compared to the valley. There will likely be snow in Prescott.

Prescott is about history and bars. Look up "whiskey row" to get a sense of what it is about. One hike that I really enjoy is called cowboy prayer. Beautiful hike with a poem scratched into a rock. It is about a cowboy that is giving up and succumbing to death. Amazing Places: Hike offers Cowboy Prayer, intrigue

The jeep tours or hiking in Sedona are second to none. Very touristy area though.

Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have a jeep and am always up for a 4-wheeling adventure. Would need another vehicle or two for this to be viable.

I'm interested in a 4-wheeling adventure. I would happily buy you a case of beer, liquor, food, or some other creative idea if you have one (at the bare minimum throw in for gas / tolls!).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm interested in a 4-wheeling adventure. I would happily buy you a case of beer, liquor, food, or some other creative idea if you have one (at the bare minimum throw in for gas / tolls!).
Let's see if anyone else chimes in with a vehicle. It is not safe to go out into the wilderness with one vehicle.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
To anyone reading this thread, which days will you be there? It will help to know who is available on which days for getting people together.

I get there at 8:30 PM Thursday & leave Sunday at 4:30 PM (both Phoenix time).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
As @biophase suggested, we should take the partial drive up to the road closure. Then take a medium effort trail hike in the Superstitions. I've done a couple of hikes there but @AllenCrawley could probably guide us better on this.

The Apache Trail road is a little rough but not too bad. Any passenger vehicle could make it on the section we will be driving. My jeep is already full. Not sure how much room that biophase has for passengers but I'm suspecting that we will need a couple more vehicles.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
To anyone reading this thread, which days will you be there? It will help to know who is available on which days for getting people together.

I get there at 8:30 PM Thursday & leave Sunday at 4:30 PM (both Phoenix time).

@Haelios and I will get there at 11:30am on the 6th and are leaving at 12:05am on the 9th

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
Flying in from the UK and arriving on the 6th, flying out on the 11th. I'm stoked! I really want to get some hiking in. Camelback mountain is a definite one for me, and I'm thinking of renting a car to do a trip to the Grand Canyon. If anyone else is game get in touch!

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
Yes, a number of times. @MTF hiked it barefoot. Seemed like every female that went past us either tried to engage in conversation or watched him hike on by. :) It is all rock!

Challenging but doable by most people.
I'm bringing my vibrams!

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
* Not sure what the laws are like in Arizona but coming from Ireland I really would love to go to a firing range or just shoot guns in general. We don't get the opportunity to do that here.

and maybe shoot some guns, I’m sure there’s somewhere you can do that, does anyone know?

Am totally up for shooting guns. Am actually a member of a gun club here in the UK, (in Central London - who'd believe it!) but yes, our gun laws are strict, & I've never yet shot a pistol or revolver. Up. For. This. Can we - as three foreign tourists - wander up to a range & do this - anyone from AZ/US know?

that is if I’m not too busy in the spa.

Also up for getting a spa group together. I mean, I could hike, but I'd actually really worry about slowing people down, so obviously I must instead engage in the sort of lying around I'm entirely competent in. But seriously though - spa anyone?

Afterwards I drive back to Santa Monica and LA.

Cool. I fly back to Europe on the 16th from LAX. Will be in Phoenix at least till the 11th and I'm considering going to the LA area for a few days before I fly back

Ooh - I'll be in LA either side of Scottsdale too! I have friends there. Arrive in LA on 3rd, Scottsdale on the 5th, LA on the 10th, & leave on the 12th!

Flying in from the UK and arriving on the 6th, flying out on the 11th.

Two of us from the UK! Hurrah!

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Cough

I think you’ll find a good few more from this side of the pond when you get there.

Sweet! I know there's a good few of us on the forum, but for some reason I didn't get the impression from the other thread that there were that many of us going. Awesome!

Are you flying from LA to Scottsdale on the 5th?

No, I'm... getting the greyhound :eyes: :rofl: I actually quite enjoyed getting the greyhound from Vegas to LA last year - a good chunk of quiet, restful time in quite a hectic trip, I get to see a bit of the country, & can't argue with the price, but yes, I am basically allowing the whole day for travel & then chilling before the madness starts!

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
but is the owner named Juan? Lol
Haha no i wish! I actually admire the guy though. I read his story on his website and its impressive. You can say his a Fastlaner. He has 3 high end places and a chain of cheaper restaurant in the sol-cal area. I was impressed with the service I received and the menu as well. As a Mexican myself I was pleased to see they offer food that isn’t your average TexMex(the “Mexican Food” sold in the US). I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Checked my flights-- I'm taking a red eye late Sunday night back home to NY. I'm free in the morning until early afternoon-- I would be down for a hike. Seeing some family in the evening before my flight.

Does the resort have a place to put our luggage after we check out? Checkout time is 11am on their website.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.